• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT7| P5 is nyaow. (Mark all PQ and P4U spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

84X

Banned
I didn't find golden's that bad but apparently I got lucky with a few things.

Either way, DAN will probably have a "play as Kanami 100 times" or some shit.

P4D cover art

CA7n_P2VEAA8b6E.jpg:orig

Dat Nanako

FluxWaveZ

Between the 12-piece Famitsu DX Pack mini poster set and the current character page on the official website::
I think it's more proof that there will be at least one more playable character than is known right now. It seems to be pointing towards two more, just as some had previously thought. Don't know if they'll be shoved on the box art this time, though, but they did manage to do it with Marie and Margaret in P4AU.

PK Gaming

I see. I just remember that statement from when Marie was announced as a DLC character. Just a joke?

_______

Persona q

I finally finished the first dungeon. It's stated that there are 3 more labyrinths left. Yasogami High is 3 floors tall so, the next levels should be on each floor, with the last level at the mysterious clock tower. At least that's my guess.

My initial theory was that Zen was Rei's persona but then the treasure chest unlocked Zen's memory. So maybe it's the other way around?

Maybe I'm exaggerating but of the P4 cast, Chie, Kanji and Teddie seem a bit off. Chie and Teddie became about a single running gag and Kanji...lacks the charisma that he usually does.

Also I'm playing with PK's self imposed restrictions

-Hard mode
-No status effects
-No binds
-No instant kills
-Healing Hands + Fuuka is banned

Now that I have access to both P3 and P4 characters, I have a question. Is Naoto worth using if you aren't using instant kills? Or is she a dead weight without those skills?

Yessssssssssss

Those restrictions will definitely make the game much more fun. Naoto still has a niche in the form of being fast and having high magic, in addition to having no weaknesses. She's comparable to P3MC right now, though her stats are worse (really poor endurance). I'd still use her if you're fond of her. Right now, she's completely reliant on sub Personas, but she'll get better when skill cards become available.

As for the characters... Kanji gets better as the game goes along. There's no hope for Chie or Teddie.

PS: If you're stuck or need tips, just holler at me

Yeah, Kanji is good, even great as you you go through the game. Chie is hit and miss, she'll go through sections of being fine and then talk about steak for 20 minutes (3rd dungeon is a highlight for her though). Teddie is irredeemable outside of his rivalry with koromaru, which I found quite funny.

Akihiko though.........*sigh*

Rubedo

I think it's more proof that there will be at least one more playable character than is known right now. It seems to be pointing towards two more, just as some had previously thought. Don't know if they'll be shoved on the box art this time, though, but they did manage to do it with Marie and Margaret in P4AU.

Aren't those last two slots just room enough for Naoto and Nanako?

The coming soons on the right image are Yukiko and Naoto, then we have empty spaces for three more characters. Nanako, ?Marie? and ?Margaret?.

Although it might be worth nothing that on the Ultimax site, the characters don't form a prefect square, and at one point they actually added a second page as well, so looking at potential spaces isn't overly conclusive.

Something else that might hint at unrevealed characters though: http://p-atlus.jp/p4d/special/graphic_1.html The twitter icon page only has extra room for the three that we know of, but the "1" in the URL suggests that there should be another set at some point. There were more sets of Q ones added as more characters got trailers for example.

PK Gaming

Yeah, Kanji is good, even great as you you go through the game. Chie is hit and miss, she'll go through sections of being fine and then talk about steak for 20 minutes (3rd dungeon is a highlight for her though). Teddie is irredeemable outside of his rivalry with koromaru, which I found quite funny.

Akihiko though.........*sigh*

Yeah to be honest, I have a soft spot for Chie in PQ. Even if she's prone to talking about meat for minutes on end, her energy and over the top reaction to things still make her somewhat enjoyable. Also, her relationship with the other characters are fairly on point, and she's damn good in combat.

Lusankya

Although it might be worth nothing that on the Ultimax site, the characters don't form a prefect square, and at one point they actually added a second page as well, so looking at potential spaces isn't overly conclusive.

Something else that might hint at unrevealed characters though: http://p-atlus.jp/p4d/special/graphic_1.html The twitter icon page only has extra room for the three that we know of, but the "1" in the URL suggests that there should be another set at some point. There were more sets of Q ones added as more characters got trailers for example.

In combination with the 12 mini posters it's pretty conclusive. But of course there could be even more characters, who knows.

VegiHam

Hoping for Marie because I genuinely like her and want to see her look really bored dancing. I'd also like to see human Teddie, Labrys and Margret; but I don't expect any of them.

FluxWaveZ

Hoping for Marie because I genuinely like her and want to see her look really bored dancing.

I bet Marie will actually look excited and joyful while dancing. I think a big element of Persona 4: Dancing is how the characters have grown since Persona 4 and how comfortable they are in their own skin, from their looks, to what they've been saying in character trailers, to the confidence they exude on the box art. I think a post-P4G epilogue Marie would have changed somewhat, too.

Marie's an inevitability. The only real question for me is what other character will be revealed as playable. I don't think it would be another Kanamin Kitchen member. It wouldn't be a P3 character so it's not Elizabeth, and I don't know if Margaret would fit. I don't think it would be an original character, especially since this is a P4 celebration game, but then again I guess there might be an antagonist they have to dance against? Realistically, Margaret's the only one who comes to mind.

84X

Banned
I bet Marie will actually look excited and joyful while dancing. I think a big element of Persona 4: Dancing is how the characters have grown since Persona 4 and how comfortable they are in their own skin, from their looks, to what they've been saying in character trailers, to the confidence they exude on the box art. I think a post-P4G epilogue Marie would have changed somewhat, too.

Marie's an inevitability. The only real question for me is what other character will be revealed as playable. I don't think it would be another Kanamin Kitchen member. It wouldn't be a P3 character so it's not Elizabeth, and I don't know if Margaret would fit. I don't think it would be an original character, especially since this is a P4 celebration game, but then again I guess there might be an antagonist they have to dance against? Realistically, Margaret's the only one who comes to mind.

If the game didn't seem to have a lock on the characters I'd agree that Margaret has the best chance. However as it stands, despite being a game about dancing, it's still p-studio and Margaret taking part canonically would probably qualify as interfering with Yu's destiny or whatever.

...I guess she could have a dance-off with Yu to test his strength.

Either way, "Electronica in the Velvet Room" pretty much guarantees Marie or Marge.

Lunar15

The other characters are the rest of Kanamin's idol group, no? We can even see a portrait of one in the background of a stage. I was always under the impression that we'd be saving and playing as the entire Kanamin Kitchen group, given the plot synopsis. From the wiki:

There are also four members of "Kanamin Kitchen" they have to rescue.

Plus, it adds up: the rest of the character spotlight icon spaces are lined up under Kanamin.

FluxWaveZ

Plus, it adds up: the rest of the character spotlight icon spaces are lined up under Kanamin.

They were shown in PV01 and teased on the site:
They could be playable, but I think it's impossible that Marie isn't one of the playable characters (especially not excluded for an original character), and one of those spots under Kanamin's column is for Nanako.

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)
I want to get a handle on the level of competition if were going to go deep on P4D. Come at me s/link brothers:

3jlzQkf.jpg

hey guys.. so I'm new to JRPGS, only played a few in my life, but Persona 5 excites be, I can tell you guys that I am going to get Persona 5, i never seen a game with so much style just based on the trailer.

I hope to learn and grow with you guys on this journey, because Persona 5 is one of my most hyped games, and i haven't even played the other ones

hey guys.. so I'm new to JRPGS, only played a few in my life, but Persona 5 excites be, I can tell you guys that I am going to get Persona 5, i never seen a game with so much style just based on the trailer.

I hope to learn and grow with you guys on this journey, because Persona 5 is one of my most hyped games, and i haven't even played the other ones

If you get the chance you should absolutely play the other ones, they're all fantastic.

Doesnt matter which order you play them in either, but 1 and the 2 duology are quite different to 3 and 4.

FluxWaveZ

Like P4A was the first fighting game I took seriously, P4D will be the first rhythm game I take seriously. I'm not sure what form the structure of some kind of regular competition between users would take (I'd have to check up on it; I think one of our communities does this?), but it'll be pretty fun to set up and compete.

84X

Banned
Ha, I plan to compete with everyone once DAN rolls around but I'm afraid I haven't done anything really impressive in diva f... (I barely play it now because I'm not a fan of the majority of the music or "characters", plus I feel it won't really help prepare for DAN at this point).

Really looking forward to DAN though, even if all my scores get destroyed.

Ha, I plan to compete with everyone once DAN rolls around but I'm afraid I haven't done anything really impressive in diva f... (I barely play it now because I'm not a fan of the majority of the music or "characters", plus I feel it won't really help prepare for DAN at this point).

Really looking forward to DAN though, even if all my scores get destroyed.

"characters"?

VegiHam

Huh, that's a good point actually. I didn't really think my post through this time. If Marie's in this game I want her (P4G Spoilers)
in full 'hey it's me everyone's favourite TV weather girl! Dancing because I do as I goddamn please bow down' mode then.

cj_iwakura

Those fast strings fuck me up, but unless you show me some Extreme FC's that you have I'm going to assume I'm front end going into P4D competition.

I'm more of a jack of all trades when it comes to rhythm games. I can clear anything from any game(except IIDX 14k, EFF THAT), but rarely FPC.

I really don't expect P4D to bring the hardcore, but I guess we'll see.

Marche90

Can't wait for all the Rhythm games that are going to release on Vita this year, though obviously P4D is my most wanted game in the platform so far.

This is my highest rated Perfect so far:

B71KRgrIUAA-ScS.jpg:large

I think mine's The World is Mine on extreme, but I have no way to check.
Due to economical issues, I had to sell both Diva games ;_;

Anyway, this is not Persona Diva gaf, so that's the only commentary I'll make about that xD

LX_Theo

Banned
which Persona should i start with?

3 or 4.

Starting with 4 means you get the best first impression in gameplay mechanics, but it could make going and playing 3 worse later on. You could avoid that by starting with 3 first, but there are more aspects that have not been developed as much as 4.

Either way.

Makio

About the trophies topic , i think the ones for Persona 4 Golden are damn easy . Basically is a matter to put a lot of time in them, no dificult / or requiered skill level ones.

The only i found bitchy is the "Rise Hardcore Fan" because depends in a lot of random factors , but the other ones are easy to get .

I have myself like 85% of the trophies , still wonder how the fuck get the "Register 100 skill cards " one.

And i dont have the All Social Links Max because
I hate Fox sidequests ... fuck that stupid social link

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom