• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT7| P5 is nyaow. (Mark all PQ and P4U spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
All of those sites are working.

Sorry. Just checked, and it appears to be a localized DNS problem on my end.

Here's something interesting. Like with SMT4 (megaten4.jp) and P5 (persona5.jp) ATLUS also purchased a domain for EOV.

The url is sekaiju5.jp

It was never updated since its purchase, and it seems it was a placeholder domain until they decided using a page on sq-atlus.jp was the way they wanted to go.

FluxWaveZ

It was never updated since its purchase, and it seems it was a placeholder domain until they decided using a page on sq-atlus.jp was the way they wanted to go.

I'm pretty sure they will be maintaining sekaiju5.jp so that Etrian Odyssey V's official website is eventually moved to it. The website has been included in official server maintenance as recently as 3 days ago, after all.

First took notice of the site in January, myself.

kajigoddess

Neo Member
I suspect Zen's collar is suppose to be part of his cape Thus while it's pretty big, it's not bigger than his shoulders which are covered by the cape. In your image, the cap is missing.

Rei is downright adorable tho. I wish Soejima had done full-sized art of Rei, like how you and Dantis did. <3

I always thought his cape was more attached to his school uniform than his collar... There's a quest where
Rei wants you to make a collar for him
, which would be kind of difficult if it had to attach to the cape.

Also, I recall from one of those magazine interviews that they were initially designed full-sized by Soejima before making them into chibis to make them consistent with the other characters. That art must exist somewhere, even if it's not in the official artbooks...

I always thought his cape was more attached to his school uniform than his collar... There's a quest where
Rei wants you to make a collar for him
, which would be kind of difficult if it had to attach to the cape.

Also, I recall from one of those magazine interviews that they were initially designed full-sized by Soejima before making them into chibis to make them consistent with the other characters. That art must exist somewhere, even if it's not in the official artbooks...

The full size sketch, or at least a full size sketch is in the official artbook, but it's very rough, it's not a full, high quality drawing or anything like that.

Zhao_Yun

Playing Persona 3 FES at the moment and got a quick question Persona-GAF. My Justice Social Link reversed because I didn't want her to reach girlfriend status which would have messed up my other romance links. How long can I let it stay at "reverse" until it breaks? If I restore it by praying at the shrine, do I get the normal 60 days until I have to see her again?

Playing Persona 3 FES at the moment and got a quick question Persona-GAF. My Justice Social Link reversed because I didn't want her to reach girlfriend status which would have messed up my other romance links. How long can I let it stay at "reverse" until it breaks? If I restore it by praying at the shrine, do I get the normal 60 days until I have to see her again?

The 'trick' is to max out one girl's s-link before ignoring her forever and moving on to the next one (dick move, I know). Not sure what to do when a link reverses.

Same deal for P4.

And yeah, Mitsuru probably has the unfitting (and worst) final skill in the game.
A physical attack that removes binds...? Huh. Huh. WHAAAAAAAAT?

I think Teddie actually does get a physical skill at some point (Gigantic Fist?). And yeah, the inability to choose skills in P3 was obnoxious. I definitely would have like to keep some of Aki's single target debuffs over the multi-target ones.

I think that it may be a Golden think to give Teddie Gigantic Fist? Not 100% sure. But I suppose that's a good thing that they tried to let him make sure of his Strength stat a bit, even though if I played Golden I would probably discard it relatively quickly.

Sophia

The full size sketch, or at least a full size sketch is in the official artbook, but it's very rough, it's not a full, high quality drawing or anything like that.

Really? I wasn't aware there was a traditional drawing of Rei and Zen in Soejima's normal style...

Ahnez

I believe restoring it at the shrine works exactly like restoring by talking to her, so yes, it should give back the 60 days

But, you know, its possible to date up to four girls at the same time
lol
if you manage correctly your time

Levito

Banned
Soooo exactly two years ago today S. Link FM start up here on PGAF, and to commemorate the occasion I put together a highlight show:

(Click image for episode link)

I think the majority of you were on at some point or the other, or just gave support throughout that time. Can't thank you all enough for that, I've met some incredible people and made several lifelong friends because of this show. Wouldn't have happened if Armada hadn't made a silly joke about starting a podcast randomly on twitter.

So yeah, thanks PersonaGAF!

Zhao_Yun

I believe restoring it at the shrine works exactly like restoring by talking to her, so yes, it should give back the 60 days

But, you know, its possible to date up to four girls at the same time
lol
if you manage correctly your time

ok cool. I actually just maxed out Strength and Lovers and am close to finishing Priestess. I guess I'll fix Justice once Priestess is maxed out as well. Coming from P4G, I didn't know that P3 had these stricter rules in regards to social links, otherwise I would have planned it differently from the start.

Ahnez

ok cool. I actually just maxed out Strength and Lovers and am close to finishing Priestess. I guess I'll fix Justice once Priestess is maxed out as well. Coming from P4G, I didn't know that P3 had these stricter rules in regards to social links, otherwise I would have planned it differently from the start.
To keep track of the timers of the girl's SL, you just need to know that, once they reach girlfriend status, each time you go out with another girl (regardless of the rank), their timer will be reduced by 15

So, if you meet your girlfriend today, you will have 60 days to meet her again, but if on the next day you meet another girl, then you will have just 45 (44, if you want to be exact)
There is a whole science behind that. lol
LOL you know I didn't mean that

Ok, I meant exactly that lol

Soooo exactly two years ago today S. Link FM start up here on PGAF, and to commemorate the occasion I put together a highlight show:

I think the majority of you were on at some point or the other, or just gave support throughout that time. Can't thank you all enough for that, I've met some incredible people and made several lifelong friends because of this show. Wouldn't have happened if Armada hadn't made a silly joke about starting a podcast randomly on twitter.

Gah, that reminded me of the last few episodes I still need to watch! But congratulations on the 2 year anniversary! Although I got into Persona pretty late, i still greatly enjoy the podcasts I've seen so far!

Dantis

I drew another thing.

CBTcXc1WkAE_Lxi.png:orig

I'm not sure if my art is actually improving, but my ability to draw better art in better time definitely is. I did this over the course of a few hours, which is actually pretty reasonable.

PK Gaming

Right back at you! It's hard to put into words but, SlinkFM was/is like an experience. You guys have given us so much, and i'm glad to have been a part of something so awesome.

It was fun listening to this episode too. Greatest Hits collection are my jam.

Levito

Banned
Gah, that reminded me of the last few episodes I still need to watch! But congratulations on the 2 year anniversary! Although I got into Persona pretty late, i still greatly enjoy the podcasts I've seen so far!

Awww thank you!!

Right back at you! It's hard to put into words but, SlinkFM was/is like an experience. You guys have given us so much, and i'm glad to have been a part of something so awesome.

You are too kind PK. :3

Neku89

I am playing P3FES for the first time too, haha. I thought that it would feel an "inferior" experience since I played P4G before that, but I'm quite digging it.

I'm currently at the August full moon boss and I like the direction the story is taking, even if the murder mystery style of Persona 4 suits me better. The gameplay is definitely rough around the edges but it's far from the horror I imagined. My only gripe is that the accuracy seems far too skewed against the player, missing crucial spells/attack all the time. I found this aspect to be so annoying that I decided to restart the game at around the first half on May to play on Easy. I can tolerate other shortcomings (the Persona skill inheritance is boring as hell, for example) but for a battle system so thoroughly based on exploiting the enemy's weaknesses it's unacceptable to miss ~20% of the time.

Sophia

de arimasu~!

You're all amazing. <3

I drew another thing.

You're amazing too, Dantis. And yeah, your art is definitely improving still, although in more subtle ways.

It isn't in his normal style, it's just a very rough sketch. I assume that's what was being talked about in the interview Kaji mentioned though.

Supposedly, Soejima drew Rei and Zen in his normal style. I've never actually seen proof of this tho. I do hope it exists however.

Popping in to say that as of Wednesday, I'll be a member of PS4-GAF, so if anyone wants to add me on PSN, my PSN name is the same as on GAF.

That said, I'm on the fence on buying the P3P soundtrack off Amazon Japan to round out my soundtrack selection. I don't recall much difference between vanilla P3 and P3P soundtracks but I'm still debating.

Thoughts?

DNAbro

Popping in to say that as of Wednesday, I'll be a member of PS4-GAF, so if anyone wants to add me on PSN, my PSN name is the same as on GAF.

That said, I'm on the fence on buying the P3P soundtrack off Amazon Japan to round out my soundtrack selection. I don't recall much difference between vanilla P3 and P3P soundtracks but I'm still debating.

Thoughts?

Portable has tons of different songs. Like a lot.

LX_Theo

Banned

Thoughts?

P3P adds a shit ton of new songs for FeMC. Most of her songs change from the original P3 soundtrack.

P3P adds a shit ton of new songs for FeMC. Most of her songs change from the original P3 soundtrack.

Looking at the track listing on Amazon, it's just 10 more tracks so for now, I just put it on my wish list.

I'll probably order it when the P4U Ultimax Design Works artbook finally gets a release date...

Thanks for the input all.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I've been wondering for awhile now, but is the general consensus that the new stuff written for yosuke in golden sound pretty inconsistent to the original version?

CorvoSol

Thoughts?

Glorious FeMC tunes.

For the new lines in Golden...

Yosuke and Kanji sound like their VAs kind of forgot what their characters sounded like. Nanako is a little more nasally sounding, like her VA can't quite get it the same anymore. Naoto was similarly close but just a smidgen off. And Adachi's VA was just flat out doing a different voice for most of his new lines. The rest, save for the ones with the new VAs, were spot on. I couldn't tell the difference between Yukiko and Rise's new lines, for instance.

VegiHam

As someone who played Golden without ever seeing the original Persona 4; I can't hear any of the stuff you guys are talking about; and the only character who seemed inconsistent was Kanji. But I have notoriously bad ears so this anecdotal evidence is worthless.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
There's a real exaggerated rise in voice to his new lines compared to his old lines. He does do the rise in the old lines but I feel that it's more constant and sustained in the new lines.

LX_Theo

Banned
You can hear the differences in Yosuke's voice here (P4) and here (P4G)

Yosuke sounds a tad more higher pitched in the Golden exclusive scenes.

Hmm...

Sure, its different, but it seems more like a difference between a person being calm and a person being worked up. It doesn't feel inconsistent to a degree that I could see labeling it as such.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom