• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT7| P5 is nyaow. (Mark all PQ and P4U spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Setsu00

You visit Gekkoukan High School and find out that Nozomi is principle after he ate the student body. He unleashes his Jabba the Hutt Persona and attacks you with Beef Bowls.

You visit Inaba and spend a bonus dungeon trapped in Mr. Morooka's grave, fighting zombies as you try to reach the UFO that came from Canada carrying your ambiguously gay party member who can't use Personas but instead fights with bottle rockets.

We finally get a P2 cameo but it's just Tadashi Satomi screaming into a paper bag.

Did you consider joining the writing team yet?

My name is Silver Arrows, and I was recently approved to post in NeoGAF. I'm a refugee of the Megaten board on Reddit, which is fast becoming a shit hole of 4chan posters and idiocy. But I digress.

I'm a massive fan of Persona now, after buying P4G for my Vita and loving it. Quickly snapped up P3P and now eagerly awaiting P5.

I hope to enjoy the thread alongside you all.

Hey. I hope you will feel more welcome here.

Newcomers quiz:
1) Who is your favorite persona character?
2) favorite persona game
3) favorite persona song
4) favorite persona scene
5) favorite persona
6) favorite s.link
7) What are your thoughts on P4D

Heavenly_Spear

Neo Member
The P4D trailer is miiiiildly better with subtitles? The cutscene quality is shite though. Looks really bad. I wonder who the studio is?

NO.

Lmao, hey man at lest the two would be able to have engaging and intelligent conversations with each other. When ever I pair characters up (romantically or platonic), I figure it's best that both character have SOMETHING in common so they can actually talk to each other. Nothing worse than having an awkward silence cause you can't figure out what to say to another person. *shrugs*

1) FeMC by far. Mainly because P3P is what I played first, but I found the dialogue choices of FeMC to have more impact then some kid who simply shrugs his shoulders and doesn't give a fuck about anything.

2) P4 Golden by far. It was the first JRPG I truly enjoyed, mainly because I could relate more to it. When I played P4G (Which was about a year and a half ago when I got my Vita) I didn't really like most JRPG's because they felt so distant and not very realistic. Yet here's this game where the main characters are high school kids, going through the grind of learning and hanging out, and having to juggle that with pretty much saving the world. I don't know why I didn't know of or played Persona up until that point.

3) See, I don't really have a favorite song, because I never really liked any of the soundtracks in P3 or 4. I don't know, I didn't really enjoy the songs constantly looping and pretty much forcing your way into your head. That being said, I probably enjoyed Backside of The TV the most.

4) Probably the epilogue of Golden. There's something about it, where you just think "This is the end." And you want to go right back into the world and experience it all over again.

5) Sukuna-Hikona, probably because of that sorta bandage looking thing it's got going on her legs.

6) Adachi's mainly because it subverts everything that you have been conditioned to believe about Social Links up to that point.

7) I could care less. It looks interesting, but I have better games to be buying. I'm only waiting for P5.

Zebetite

Banned
3) See, I don't really have a favorite song, because I never really liked any of the soundtracks in P3 or 4. I don't know, I didn't really enjoy the songs constantly looping and pretty much forcing your way into your head. That being said, I probably enjoyed Backside of The TV the most.

i was going to chew you out for not being down with persona music but you went and repped backside of the tv so we're cool now

PK Gaming

but did it succeed? is the official canon pairing Naoto x Kanji OR NOT

P4mC is everyone's type? And he's the MC. So logically not only Kanami should have a crush on the MC, but everyone in the Kanamin Kitchen should also have a crush on the Yu.

I think the only Persona 4 game having characters not actually having a crush on Yu is in Arena. Even in PQ, there were tons of references of characters, not restricted to Rise, who is into Yu.

You think P4Dancing will be any different?

Jesus christ

Did Persona 5's release date get announced yet?

21-P3P-00130.png

Dantis

Nope. It just seems that outside of matters related to investigating, Naoto can be very oblivious to her surroundings and stuff, including Kanji's supposed "crush". Man, the writers sure tried to work the pairing hard into the original P4 animation and Kanji's joke ending in Ultimax though.

Wait, Ultimax has joke endings?

PK Gaming

You visit Gekkoukan High School and find out that Nozomi is principle after he ate the student body. He unleashes his Jabba the Hutt Persona and attacks you with Beef Bowls.

You visit Inaba and spend a bonus dungeon trapped in Mr. Morooka's grave, fighting zombies as you try to reach the UFO that came from Canada carrying your ambiguously gay party member who can't use Personas but instead fights with bottle rockets.

We finally get a P2 cameo but it's just Tadashi Satomi screaming into a paper bag.

REFERENCE UNDERSTOOD

Sophia

Did Persona 5's release date get announced yet?

No getting yourself banned again, Flux. :|

You don't like EITHER soundtrack?! Not even "The Battle For Everyone's Souls" or "Heartful Cry" or "Nevermore"?!?

JNA

Banned
Oh wow. I just saw the new P4D trailer.

They really are going all out with the story on that game it seems. And Nanako is there! :D

The only thing he's wrong about is people not wanting Yu's dick. Ultimax is basically: "Fuck you Yosuke fans, Labrys want's the King Dick, too" the game. And if Yu and Mitsuru smug laugh and smirk at each other one more time my GOD.

I do it all for you, babe

I thought Arena made pairings quite obvious? Yosuke and Labrys clearly have some
romantic thing
going on, and
Kanji and Naoto too
based on the Arena ending. This was gathered by watching endings vids and reviewer comments. I hope I am correct?

DNAbro

I thought Arena made pairings quite obvious? Yosuke and Labrys clearly have some
romantic thing
going on, and
Kanji and Naoto too
based on the Arena ending. This was gathered by watching endings vids and reviewer comments. I hope I am correct?

You always seem to read too deep into things man.

You always seem to read too deep into things man.

well I was just responding to that comment? i thought arena implied more canon pairings that EVER. Its more apparent than PQ. It makes me wonder how story progression in Dancing is different from just free mode dancing. Because story missions may mandate that ONLY X & Y can dance together for THIS MISSION, and this is resource to look into any indications of canon pairings. When a story dance mission has to involve a certain person and a certain someone and nobody else… you know?

DNAbro

well I was just responding to that comment? i thought arena implied more canon pairings that EVER. Its more apparent than PQ. It makes me wonder how story progression in Dancing is different from just free mode dancing. Because story missions may mandate that ONLY X & Y can dance together for THIS MISSION, and this is resource to look into any indications of canon pairings. When a story dance mission has to involve a certain person and a certain someone and nobody else… you know?

Statement still stands.

There are no canon pairings. Period. Kanji likes Naoto and Rise is flirty with Yu.

mitchlol

I'm struggling to get into Persona 4 Golden on my Vita, I've just rescued
Kanji
but I don't enjoy the "Social" part of the game, I really only like the dungeon aspects and I honestly feel like I'm not playing the game right, I don't know what personas to fuse, I'm not sure if I should be trying to purchase weapons/armour for my characters or any of the finer details of the game.

As far as fusing personas goes I usually just fuse with whatever is going to make the highest level, the most recent one is "Jack frost" but I have no idea if he is any good or not...

DNAbro

I'm struggling to get into Persona 4 Golden on my Vita, I've just rescued
Kanji
but I don't enjoy the "Social" part of the game, I really only like the dungeon aspects and I honestly feel like I'm not playing the game right, I don't know what personas to fuse, I'm not sure if I should be trying to purchase weapons/armour for my characters or any of the finer details of the game.

As far as fusing personas goes I usually just fuse with whatever is going to make the highest level, the most recent one is "Jack frost" but I have no idea if he is any good or not...

Simple tips
-Yes buy weapons and armor for your characters. Sell materials in order to get money for it.
- Always be fusing. 90% a fused monster is better than what came before it as long as it is higher leveled. Sometimes you will want a persona for a specific situation but most of the time you won't know exactly what you need until you need it. Trying to keep a steady team of varied weakness and strengths isn't a bad idea.
- Social links are important to making your fused personas stronger and boosting your team members. Higher your social rank, the stronger the persona will be when you fuse it.

Have you heard any of the music from P1,P1P, P2EP,IS? Do you like that music?

Just curious because one of the major things that made me go back to P4G after getting slightly burnt out on it was the music being stuck in my head.

No, considering many have said that the PS1 era games are quite dated, I'm hesitant in pulling the trigger for them.

Welcome to the labyrinth of possibilities, silver arrow. please to enjoy your stay

It's a beautiful place, thanks

JNA

Banned
Welp, I'm finally starting Persona 3 (FES) for the first time. I went to the bathroom just for fun and to explore a bit and I got a message saying my condition was now great.

Uh oh...it's one of THOSE games isn't it? :(

Is it difficult to manage my "condition"?

Zebetite

Banned
Welp, I'm finally starting Persona 3 (FES) for the first time. I went to the bathroom just for fun and to explore a bit and I got a message saying my condition was now great.

condition is just a general indicator of your protagonist's all-around health. you can be sick, you can be tired, you can be normal, you can be great.

great means you have a larger buffer before you get tired or sick, as well as gives you combat bonuses (crit and hit chance, i think).

normal is normal

tired is when you've over-exerted yourself by spending too long in tartarus, or occasionally while studying late at night you'll get stuck on your worst subject and end up tired as a result. your combat abilities are reduced as a result, and you want to cure your tiredness by taking it easy for the next day or two.

sick is what happens when you fail to take it easy while tired, or if you've REALLY over-exerted yourself in tartarus. it lasts longer and has a more dramatic effect on your character's abilities.

so basically, if your character is in rough shape, try to take it easy and don't go so hard in tartarus.

Staying up late too often (studying or dungeoning too long) can put you in 'tired' status. That can be fixed by a classroom nap or sleeping on time once in a while.
If you don't, you'll end up sick. You might get that fixed by visiting the nurse's office.

CorvoSol

romantic thing
going on, and
Kanji and Naoto too

Nah man, have you played Ultimax yet? Labrys spends like, her entire story mode trying to find a way to tell Yu she wants him. Like she even gets relationship advice from Ken of all people.

Everybody wants Senpai. Are you a Weather Goddess? Detective? Pop Star? High School Student? Avatar of Power? Killer Android? Super Agent CEO? Non-Canon? Death? Dead?

It doesn't matter. You want Senpai's collar.

JNA

Banned
condition is just a general indicator of your protagonist's all-around health. you can be sick, you can be tired, you can be normal, you can be great.

great means you have a larger buffer before you get tired or sick, as well as gives you combat bonuses (crit and hit chance, i think).

normal is normal

tired is when you've over-exerted yourself by spending too long in tartarus, or occasionally while studying late at night you'll get stuck on your worst subject and end up tired as a result. your combat abilities are reduced as a result, and you want to cure your tiredness by taking it easy for the next day or two.

sick is what happens when you fail to take it easy while tired, or if you've REALLY over-exerted yourself in tartarus. it lasts longer and has a more dramatic effect on your character's abilities.

so basically, if your character is in rough shape, try to take it easy and don't go so hard in tartarus.

Staying up late too often (studying or dungeoning too long) can put you in 'tired' status. That can be fixed by a classroom nap or sleeping on time once in a while.
If you don't, you'll end up sick. You might get that fixed by visiting the nurse's office.

So I guess grinding in Tartarus is not recommended? XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom