• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT9| SPOILER TAGS OR DIE

MSMrRound

So not quite the same calibre of acting then, lol.

Nah, just implying that they did a great job in Trails of Cold Steel and I'm eager to hear more of them.

C6sMZ0MVoAAYLPa.jpg

Lies, Morgana!

Was going to suggest that maybe update it with some additional options?

Diluting the options further won't help come up with a singular winner, though, if anything, unsupported options need to be removed.

(Still super suspicious of the sudden increases in the "Neighbor" and "Unfuckwithable Coolness" options. Went from 0 to winning in the span of an half an hour.)

Mobile Suit Gooch

Grundle: The Awakening
Diluting the options further won't help come up with a singular winner, though, if anything, unsupported options need to be removed.

(Still super suspicious of the sudden increases in the "Neighbor" and "Unfuckwithable Coolness" options. Went from 0 to winning in the span of an half an hour.)

True. Go ahead and add the thing.

Persona 5 |OT| Rub the black cat

Who is part of the Dorobou fanclub, and why do you all always start voting at the exact same time?

My vote was for Last Surprise, but if I had to pick one of the top 3, it'd be Lupin the 5th.

Mediking

Oh! I got a fun question! Out of ALL the characters in Persona... which are the ones you really connect with or remind you of yourself?

I'm pretty much Junpei in real life. Goofy on the outside but there's a whole different layer underneath the easy-going nature I have (wow, that sounds cheesy). The reason I don't have a Junpei avatar is because Minato is still my favorite character of all time.

My memory is kinda fuzzy but I do remember that there is something about Yukiko's social link that made me really admire her. Isn't it like...
she feels like her job is holding her back or something?
Or is that Rise...?

And I really can't wait to see who I can connect with in Persona 5. I know NOTHING about the cast but my money is on Goro.

daevious

The Dorobou one is terrible. Too obscure.

Agreed, you'd have half the thread trying to explain the reference.

Lupin the 5th has just enough obscurity that those who get the joke really appreciate it but explaining the joke to those who don't isn't a giant hassle either.

Can always save Larceny Is Over for OT2, heh.

Ah shoot, I knew I was forgetting something...

Really bummed we're not gonna get
Persona 5 |OT| Among Thieves

I felt this one was clever too.

There's always OT3. But really, too many great suggestions. I think Happy Valentine's Day is brilliant.

I'm thinking of calling it now, as follows:
  • OT1: Lupin the 5th (won both polls)
  • OT2: Larceny is Over
  • OT3: Among Thieves
Sound cool?

_Ryo_

I still think the OT should focus on turn based combat. So many believe it's an outdated concept. Prove that not only is it noy dead, but that it can be the most amazing, magical combat ever.

I still think the OT should focus on turn based combat. So many believe it's an outdated concept. Prove that not only is it noy dead, but that it can be the most amazing, magical combat ever.

Hopefully reviews and sales will reflect this. I've heard some say Persona 5's combat is fluid enough to make you forget its turn based, which is crazy to me.

Tbh, I don't really like any of those titles. I think with how many delays this game have had (especially here in west) it's only right for the title to be some sort of reference to that. That's why I think "Happy Valentine's Day" is the best one in the poll.

But, "Lupin the 5th" won fair and square.

TL;DR You guys have bad tastes lol

cj_iwakura

Tbh, I don't really like any of those titles. I think with how many delays this game have had (especially here in west) it's only right for the title to be some sort of reference to that. That's why I think "Happy Valentine's Day" is the best one in the poll.

Let it be known I'm also an advocate for Happy Valentine's Day.

Consider this our PUNishment

Also, I forgot to vote.

Actually, having the link just be in the post, wouldn't that mean that some lurkers might've voted as well? Shouldn't it be a quote to reveal kind of deal?

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
You think Persona 5 is gonna have enough people posting to make it to OT2?

Actually.... yeah. It could happen.

We'll see, I remember posting in the Persona 3 and Persona 4 US release threads and the thread participation rose significantly as time passed.

The original Persona 3 JP thread had just 600-some posts total. The US thread had just under 5000. FES had a bit over 200 posts in the JP thread, a bit over 3000 posts in the US. P3P had around 1600 posts, didn't see a JP thread for that one.

Persona 4's JP thread also had about 600-some posts, the US thread just over 9000 posts. P4G had nearly 17000 posts.

The JP/Import thread for P5 is already over 3600 posts, well above the prior games. I think P5 could go over 20k and thus end up with an OT2.

Top Bottom