• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT9| SPOILER TAGS OR DIE

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Alright finally managed to dive in today and made it all the way to 4/18, I am so ready for this.

The way the intro "week" of the game was ramped up was actually pretty brilliant and despite being the longest persona opening I've played yet (almost 5 hours until I basically had the ability to choose to do stuff), it felt really engaging.

Lunar15

Yeah, the labelling over there doesn't always work.

Do you mind sharing said spoiler? Maybe it's not as big as you think.

Faux-Igor. Don't know more than that and i've had my suspiscions but I have no isea what it means or how it connects to anything.

This is a real hidden gem in the soundtrack: Confession/Secret

To me, it's another example why P5's soundtrack is stronger as a whole, even if it doesn't reach the highs of 4's soundtrack.

Agreed, P4 has so many good standout tracks, but I think overall all of P5 tracks are just great overall, even if it doesn't have as many highs, it barely has any lows for me at all.

Edit:

Looks like ATLUS USA put up the entire Persona 5 Soundtrack on iTunes! $29.99!

Agreed, P4 has so many good standout tracks, but I think overall all of P5 tracks are just great overall, even if it doesn't have as many highs, it barely has any lows for me at all.

Edit:

Looks like ATLUS USA put up the entire Persona 5 Soundtrack on iTunes! $29.99!
Waiting for the physical full OST myself. Hope they release it in the States.

Waiting for the physical full OST myself. Hope they release it in the States.

I just bought it on Friday from Japan and am waiting to receive it, haha. I double dipped, but only because I currently don't have my own personal computer to rip music and sync my phone to. :/

I don't think any of the other OSTs were released her physically, but they also weren't released on iTunes so I guess we'll see.

I just bought it on Friday from Japan and am waiting to receive it, haha. I double dipped, but only because I currently don't have my own personal computer to rip music and sync my phone to. :/

I don't think any of the other OSTs were released her physically, but they also weren't released on iTunes so I guess we'll see.
Yeah, I am pretty tempted. Might pick one up myself from JP. This OST is one of the best in the whole series! I also picked up the P5 Official Design Works from JP.

Yeah, I am pretty tempted. Might pick one up myself from JP. This OST is one of the best in the whole series! I also picked up the P5 Official Design Works from JP.

Yeah, I couldn't resist anymore. I also ordered that along with it from Amazon JP! Should be here between the 20th-24th. Really excited!

I guess we'll see if it comes over, the OST probably won't go anywhere. You can still find all the OSTs for past games on tons of sites.

Don't want to spend too much time in here in the middle of my P5 playthrough, but I had a comment I wanted to write before I forgot, concerning a minor aspect of a Social Link (I'm not calling them confidants, get outta here):

So everyone agrees it's not a good idea for you to not call the maid service with your own phone... but Becky has the gall to just up and text you? The nerve.

But seriously, the game is great. Big upgrades to dungeon crawling and graphic quality but it's otherwise aggressively Persona, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Goddamnit Sega...

https://twitter.com/sonic_hedgehog/status/854739876134109184

You'll never see it coming.

C9yjfX9UMAECLzl.jpg

9:54 AM - 19 Apr 2017

Wanted to pop in to ask about this park the TV and Morgana keep talking about. I've walked around everywhere that I can, and I don't see a park. Morgana tells me I should check it out, but uh...where is it?

Setsu00

Wanted to pop in to ask about this park the TV and Morgana keep talking about. I've walked around everywhere that I can, and I don't see a park. Morgana tells me I should check it out, but uh...where is it?

Inokashira Park? You need to read one of the magazines to open the location, but I think Ann's S.Link takes you there automatically at one point.

^ I don't know if I'm supposed to look at that! If the park is something that opens up via a SLink or some plot branch, then I'll just ignore it for now.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Don't give up. Got all those on my Vita for $10 each during a sale.

I won't quit! I love p1 because of how SMT like it is, even if the demon negotiations are a huge pain unless you know what you're doing I think it still makes for a great game. It's kinda super short too for a jrpg, if the encounter rate wasn't so high I figure you could finish the game in like 15hrs? Which is a nice breezy pace compared to the magnificent yet monolithic life sims the games later became lol.

asagami_

Banned
I won't quit! I love p1 because of how SMT like it is, even if the demon negotiations are a huge pain unless you know what you're doing I think it still makes for a great game. It's kinda super short too for a jrpg, if the encounter rate wasn't so high I figure you could finish the game in like 15hrs? Which is a nice breezy pace compared to the magnificent yet monolithic life sims the games later became lol.

Wait, you played the PS1 version? You have the patience of a saint.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
OH MY GOD THE REALIZATION THAT YOU CAN DO MULTIPLE MEMENTOS REQUESTS IN A SINGLE TRIP IS BLOWING MY MIND, this makes time management much easier.

Wait, you played the PS1 version? You have the patience of a saint.

Lmao yep, I enjoyed it but it kind of turned me away from persona for a while because I figured it was going to all be like that.

Makoto
finally flipping out and awakening to her Persona was great. You hardly knew the other characters when they awakened but Makoto had been a pretty constant presence in the game for a while when you take her to the bank. Tons of scenes showing characters from every single possible angle talking down on her and saying some pretty horrible things, and then she finally goes "stfu" and runs over some people with a motorcycle.
It was a rather cathartic moment.

Ulong

Persona 4 Golden. This will be an odd question maybe, but is there a good list online of which weapons/armor are supposed to be available at which dungeon tiers? I'm doing ng+ with all the social stats so I can max every link in one go, but I'm not completely sold on trivializing the combat using High end gear and persona's, and would like to only buy the stuff I should have access too at that point. In NG+ though, the late game gear is there to buy immediately.

Is there really no way to change battle order? It always starts with Morgana and 90% of the time he's the last person I want to start with.

It's based on the agility stat of the (equipped) persona.

Ahh...that makes sense. But kind of disappointing.

I finally had an enemy take one of my party members hostage tonight. I used the Thieves Guild option, which was a bit underwhelming, but thanks to that random person who will probably never know they helped me out.

Zakalwe

Banned
I think it's telling that I notice stuff is not as it should be and I'm not a native english speaker.
By the way, that website is really well done.

It's horrible from a UX perspective. :/

It's crap on mobile, too.

It's based on the agility stat of the (equipped) persona.

Ahh...that makes sense. But kind of disappointing.

I finally had an enemy take one of my party members hostage tonight. I used the Thieves Guild option, which was a bit underwhelming, but thanks to that random person who will probably never know they helped me out.

Overall agility, not just the persona. You can equip accessories like the Cheetah Socks to add to the stat, which shuffles around placement.

If I don't have a PS2 or Vita, is the best way for me to play P4 to get a PS TV?

There's probably a decent amount of other stuff on Vita I'd want to play, but I don't know about dropping $200 on a Vita when I wouldn't buy it if P4G wasn't on it.

I can't believe they haven't put it out on PS4 yet. That seems like such a no brainer. Especially now after the success of P5.

Maybe I'll wait to see if there's an announcement around E3.

Edit: LOL just saw this thread
http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1362225

Lunar15

I'm liking the game so far, only thing I really hate is that there is no way to properly heal sp in palaces

That's technically the point: restricting SP is what limits you from just gunning through a dungeon (even though you still can)

Protip: get your confidant rank up with the doctor: (ability spoiler)
She'll eventually start selling accessories that let you regain SP every turn, and then later will discount them for half off

Zakalwe

Banned
I'm liking the game so far, only thing I really hate is that there is no way to properly heal sp in palaces

As others have said, this is how the content is balanced. I see each Palace kind of like a puzzle where finding the most efficient actions to take in each battle is key. Taking note of the enemy weaknesses so you can end battles with the least SP spend possible (making sure to ambush then knocking down first hit and negotiating).

It's really fun trying to make it as far as you can in one day with the little resources you've gathered, I think a lot of the frustrations with the limitations in this game can be lessened with a bit of a perspective shift.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost

My only real issue with p5 so far (i have only just finished the second palace) is that time management feels a lot tighter than in p4 because p5 has sooo many days that you can't do anything confidant or social stats related.

Would you guys say this goes away later in the game?

Lusankya

My only real issue with p5 so far (i have only just finished the second palace) is that time management feels a lot tighter than in p4 because p5 has sooo many days that you can't do anything confidant or social stats related.

Would you guys say this goes away later in the game?

In general you have the same amount of free time as in Persona 4.

Top Bottom