• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT9| SPOILER TAGS OR DIE

However, Ye Olde Demon Fusion Theme kind of triggers me. Too many bad memories of sitting there for half an hour rerolling fusions to get the skills I wanted. I wish they had gone for something new and less somber that's more in P5's style.

If it's what I think it is, you've just been too busy playing plebian PS2 games. :p

Hey I asked this in the main OT and never got a response:

Does P5 in the later sections have remixed boss themes? That was one of the best moments for me in P4! If anyone knows, I'd be grateful.

Not sure if I want links or not though...

Sophia

Yeah they remixed boss theme in Persona 4 was only in Golden, not the original.

I do hope we get a Reincarnation album for Persona 5 tho. :eek:

Yeah they remixed boss theme in Persona 4 was only in Golden, not the original.

I do hope we get a Reincarnation album for Persona 5 tho. :eek:

"Rivers in the Desert" would have been the background music to a Persona 5 PV05.

You mean P4G?
Really? Didn't know that. So there was no different boss music for (Massive P4 Spoilers)
Ameno-Sagiri or Izanami
? I may be using the word 'remix' wrong, I mean like adding different styles to the regular boss music? (If that makes sense).

Oh and on that subject that (Still P4 Spoilers)
chiptune boss/dungeon music
. That was pretty sweet.

Sophia

Really? Didn't know that. So there was no different boss music for (Massive P4 Spoilers)
Ameno-Sagiri or Izanami
? I may be using the word 'remix' wrong, I mean like adding different styles to the regular boss music? (If that makes sense).

. That was pretty sweet.

Oh I thought you were talking about the new content in Golden.Yeah, Persona 5 has music like that in it's late game.

The
chiptune music
was Golden exclusive tho. It just played the regular boss theme in vanilla Persona 4.

Lynx_7

Ameno-Sagiri or Izanami

. That was pretty sweet.

The Almighty and Mist are straight up new tracks, not remixes. The Genesis (final boss theme) does have
a pretty sweet orchestral rendition of Reach out to the truth
but that's about it. And yeah, the original P4 had those tracks.

It didn't have I'll Face Myself - Reincarnation and the
chiptune version
of said track as those are actual remixes. :p

That character limit on the group name is the real hardest boss.

Finally came up with one though: La Lune Rose. "The Pink Moon" in French. It's the first full moon in April.

It's also a song title by Nick Drake, whose lyrics I thought were apropos:
I saw it written and I saw it say
Pink moon is on its way
None of you stand so tall
Pink moon gonna get ye all
It's a pink moon

Dantis

Dantis, palace
truly is shit, even a second time.
SHOCKING

I think the second half of the game is definitely significantly weaker than the first half. My opinions on various aspects of the game have changed since playing it in English (characters mostly, also a few plot points I thought would be bad are actually really good), but I maintain that the overarching narrative (including everything with the antagonist) is properly shit.

It's not impossible that playing through the second half will change my mind, but I just did dungeon 4, and, well
psience

Mediking

That character limit on the group name is the real hardest boss.

Finally came up with one though: La Lune Rose. "The Pink Moon" in French. It's the first full moon in April.

It's also a song title by Nick Drake, whose lyrics I thought were apropos:

I named mine... The Ravens.

Speaking of that scene... I chose "It always feel like this" when the group was reflecting about how mean the adults were treating them at the restaurant.

Ryuji asked if they even belonged there and I chose the answer that I felt.

DNAbro

Dantis, palace
truly is shit, even a second time.

Excited to get to this to see if people are exaggerating or not. People were complaining about palace
but I didn't think it was that bad. It was probably my least fav but I still enjoyed it. Though I did also get super lucky and figured out all puzzle solutions on my first try.

Palace
is so good though. Finishing it up tonight.

Dantis

Excited to get to this to see if people are exaggerating or not. People were complaining about palace
but I didn't think it was that bad. It was probably my least fav but I still enjoyed it. Though I did also get super lucky and figured out all puzzle solutions on my first try.
That dungeon is mostly bad for me in regards to the narrative. I didn't have thaaaat much of an issue with the game design on it. There's a lot more backtracking than the other dungeons though.

EDIT: I just remembered all the boss shit on that palace. I had mega issues with that.

Palace

I'm on
at the moment and enjoying it a lot. I thought
was decent too, although not quite up to the surrounding dungeons.
None of the puzzles in 5 seemed that bad, and the airlock one at the end was fun. Plus the shadows are Daleks. Main downside is that the music isn't as good as 3/4/6/7.

Sophia

Palace
has been a bit of a downer for me, but mostly because
I maxed out charm only for them to go two weeks with no free time, and then toss me in a dungeon. That was lame.

Palace

Palace
could be the best palace in the game period. Everything about it is just perfection.

The Phantom Thieves were always pretty formidable, but with Goro Akechi they were just unstoppable.

SHOCKING

I think the second half of the game is definitely significantly weaker than the first half. My opinions on various aspects of the game have changed since playing it in English (characters mostly, also a few plot points I thought would be bad are actually really good), but I maintain that the overarching narrative (including everything with the antagonist) is properly shit.

It's not impossible that playing through the second half will change my mind, but I just did dungeon 4, and, well
psience

I still really don't see your points at all with a lot of the second half, but i'll get to that more in detail once i'm finished this completionist run.

Lusankya

Palace
could be the best palace in the game period. Everything about it is just perfection.

The Phantom Thieves were always pretty formidable, but with Goro Akechi they were just unstoppable.

Yeah, this one was really good. Imho palace 4 is even better in regards to music and gameplay, though.

Diamond Dogs for me, since I was playing MGS5 before ~

Isn't that above character limit?

Named mine The Phantoms, cause I'm an unoriginal square.

I almost went with that as well lol.

Anyway, I'm in gaming Nirvana with P5 and Nier Automata right now, so good.

How do you activate training in your room again?

I managed to do it once but I can't figure out how to do it again.

The chair between the bed and the desk.

IMO they probably could have saved some money during development by (August)
not spending it on multiple wacky animated scenes where the guys are checking out Ann. Not only is "THE GUYS LEER AT THE GIRLS AND WACKY HIJINKS ENSUE!!!" the absolute nadir of stock Persona scenes, it's even worse here because it undercuts huge parts of the Kamoshida storyline.

Lunar15

IMO they probably could have saved some money during development by (August)
not spending it on multiple wacky animated scenes where the guys are checking out Ann. Not only is "THE GUYS LEER AT THE GIRLS AND WACKY HIJINKS ENSUE!!!" the absolute nadir of stock Persona scenes, it's even worse here because it undercuts huge parts of the Kamoshida storyline.

It's beyond wild that it keeps showing up in the game despite that whole story line.

Lunar15

Yeah, there's plenty of clueless aesops to be found across the Persona series.

All the more frustrating because they're so, so close and no other game is getting anywhere near what Persona is trying to do.

A game about younger generations pushing back against an older generation that's basically left them screwed, especially in a seniority centric society like Japan, is an awesome topic. But hoo-boy are there a ton of missed or bungled opportunities in this game.

Even slight stuff like (Dungeon 2 Spoilers):
Why not show even more of Madarame's victims? What made Kamoshida work is that you saw all these kids with bruises and fear. You just don't really see the same with the other villians so far. Also, why have the revelation about Yusuke's mother be the actual trigger for his awakening? That'd be way better framing in my opinion. Bringing it up afterwards was just redundant.

Ironically, none of this really upsets me all that much. Missed opportunities are more my opinion than a critical flaw of the game. The game is tremendous and I'm enjoying it, but woof, they're just so close to hitting some amazing themes and they keep missing.

What I will give P5 (August spoilers, I guess):
While no one in P4 seemed to realize that Yu Narukami's friend group,
consisted almost entirely of people who went missing for two weeks, in P5 there have been like three or four characters who figured out who the Phantom Thieves were almost immediately. But it was super funny to see Makoto being all "Woah has famous boy genius Akechi figured out this incredibly obvious thing that even I figured out after like three days???"

Sophia

What I will give P5 (August spoilers, I guess):
While no one in P4 seemed to realize that Yu Narukami's friend group,
consisted almost entirely of people who went missing for two weeks, in P5 there have been like three or four characters who figured out who the Phantom Thieves were almost immediately. But it was super funny to see Makoto being all "Woah has famous boy genius Akechi figured out this incredibly obvious thing that even I figured out after like three days???"

Yeah, it's interesting that the group is slowly "discovered" by a few people here and there. Mishima kind of knows the initial group at least, Makoto figures out stuff, and even other characters get suspicious. The writing in general is just a huge step up from Persona 4 because the characters aren't all brain dead.

Mediking

Joker looks really cool in the Yaso outfit. Ann looks adorable in her version...

Joker in the P3 outfit makes me smile. Lol

Lynx_7

Man, it's frustrating not being able to join in a lot of the discussions going on right now. When I finally get to play the game most people will probably have moved on already.

Man, it's frustrating not being able to join in a lot of the discussions going on right now. When I finally get to play the game most people will probably have moved on already.

This is literally the 9th incarnation of a thread for a series that took nearly a ten year break between main titles.

Sophia

This is literally the 9th incarnation of a thread for a series that took nearly a ten year break between main titles.

Hah. Yeah. Don't worry Lynx, we're not moving on anytime soon. I haven't even gotten into walls of paragraphs regarding a lot of the plot points in Persona 5 yet. :p

Lynx_7

I was thinking more about the general discussion in the game's OT, as the first few weeks are generally the most active ones, but I suppose you're right. lol

I mean, achievement stats say that only 2% of owners have beaten the game so far. Even people who got it at launch are going be playing it for a while

Mediking

Is there a way to wear the Yasogami uniform but keep the P5 music?

Yup... as long as Joker isnt wearing it. Anybody else in the party can wear it except for Joker and the P5 music still plays.

Edit:

Wait... what? You need a copy of P5? Why didnt you say anything earlier? You live in the US?

Lynx_7

Wait... what? You need a copy of P5? Why didnt you say anything earlier? You live in the US?

I don't live in the US, but I really appreciate the gesture. :)

It's no biggie, if everything goes well I should be able to buy it someday next month, or june.

Setsu00

All the more frustrating because they're so, so close and no other game is getting anywhere near what Persona is trying to do.

A game about younger generations pushing back against an older generation that's basically left them screwed, especially in a seniority centric society like Japan, is an awesome topic. But hoo-boy are there a ton of missed or bungled opportunities in this game.

Even slight stuff like (Dungeon 2 Spoilers):
Why not show even more of Madarame's victims? What made Kamoshida work is that you saw all these kids with bruises and fear. You just don't really see the same with the other villians so far. Also, why have the revelation about Yusuke's mother be the actual trigger for his awakening? That'd be way better framing in my opinion. Bringing it up afterwards was just redundant.

Ironically, none of this really upsets me all that much. Missed opportunities are more my opinion than a critical flaw of the game. The game is tremendous and I'm enjoying it, but woof, they're just so close to hitting some amazing themes and they keep missing.

Madarame's victims are actually scattered all over Tokyo. A few of the homeless guys are his students, like the guy sitting somewhere on the station square or the guy who sells you his charms. There's also Nakanohara, but I get what you mean.

Top Bottom