• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT9| SPOILER TAGS OR DIE

Mediking

Man I can't stop re-watching the P3DMN trailer. P3MC dancing, those awesome shots from the opening(?), the gorgeous track/remix and Yukari looking amazing
BogusFirmAmericanpainthorse.gif

That new engine is doing amazing work for Persona characters. Yukari looks insanely good.

Hush, precious tomato child. Please don't cry...
What we need to do is invest in P3 DMN to increase the chance of Atlus investing in that game again.

Even if it turns out to be an insipid and/or plotless waste.

Olengie

They already had me with Persona 3 Dancing when it was first brought up years ago.

CE for Vita and standard for PS4 (eventually) lol.

Dantis

You mean P4D Engine V2.
I can't see any engine improvements at all, but I guess there might be something under the hood? It's still missing things like self shadows, AO and reflections, which there's no real excuse for on the PS4 version.

Sophia

Wasn't the theory that the P4D and P5 engine might be the same? Because they had the same debug images + same file formats?

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm hungry for more Persona milking.

P3D and P5D can't come soon enough.

I hope we get the manga in the West soon too.

Makio

Definitely. I'm liking her dance style the most too. Can't wait to see Mitsuru,

I dont know if my body is ready for this yet , but i cant wait for the next trailer to drop and show off more characters in that Dancing All Night Engine.

I dont see why Fuuka should be left out this time around , characters like NPC and social links i can doubt , but pretty sure in the end of it all S,E,E.S is gonna bust a move (even Koromaru somehow).

-----

From the P5 Dancing trailer you can tell the models are basically the same as Persona 5 , of course they can look better since in Dancing games those models are basically the main focus compared to a bigger game like P5.

But even compared to Dancing All Night footage , the models dont look any better or a great difference , but DAN models were great to look at to begin with , so i dont care if the same for the 3 games.

Goro's and Yusuke's are the best. Love how Ryuji's also screams that he's a Phantom Thief lol
NOT WITH THAT ATTITUDE!

She'll certainly belong in it more than a fighting game.
Yes, I'd say she's got a fair shot.

I dont know if my body is ready for this yet , but i cant wait for the next trailer to drop and show off more characters in that Dancing All Night Engine.

I dont see why Fuuka should be left out this time around , characters like NPC and social links i can doubt , but pretty sure in the end of it all S,E,E.S is gonna bust a move (even Koromaru somehow).
This would be Fuuka's first playable appearance then. Can't wait for this game!!

Mediking

Definitely. I'm liking her dance style the most too. Can't wait to see Mitsuru, Aki and the others. Do you guys think Fuuka'll be playable?

Fuuka will be there.

Shinjiro will be there.

Mitsuru will be there.

Aki will be there.

Doggie will be there.

Ken will be there.

The kid that shows up in Minato's bedroom at times will be there. I forget his name...

Female Persona MC will be there. I'm like 65% she will. I need to ask that one guy who leaked Persona 5 R details on GAF about her...

Persona 3 Remaster when?
JK. I know it won't happen.
giphy.webp

Adorable as heck gif.

Persona 3 Remake is reaching Final Fantasy 7 Remake levels. Its Atlus' big money game that they will prolly on drop if they need major hype and cash.

It's just the P4D engine.

??? Really? Same engine?

Makio

The kid that shows up in Minato's bedroom at times will be there. I forget his name...

Female Persona MC will be there. I'm like 65% she will. I need to ask that one guy who leaked Persona 5 R details on GAF about her...

I should say no ,i mean we already had Ken for the "cute" kid dancing role which Nanako and maybe the Twins fill in the other games but who knows.

And about the Fem MC , the way Atlus treat their canon is possible they include "Soul Phrase" , "Wiping All Out" and other p3p songs , but put to Theodore (or other characters) dancing to them so they dont got to include non canon characters in their canon dancing game
im kidding
(Really hope she made it since i like her more than the Male MC)

Mediking

I should say no ,i mean we already had Ken for the "cute" kid dancing which Nanako and maybe the Twins fill in the other games but who knows.

And about the Fem MC , the way Atlus treat their canon is possible they include "Soul Phrase" , "Wiping All Out" and other p3p songs , but to Theodore dancing to them so they dont got to include non canon chars in their canon dancing game
im kidding
(Really hope she made it since i like her more than the Male MC)

Persona 3 Female MC will prolly be an unlockable hidden character.

Atlus has to toss people who love her something.

Isn't that right... @AtlusPrime ?????

asagami_

Banned
I really just want to see Koromaru dance. That's all I ask for Atlus. Give me the dancing dog.

You know what, I'm not interested in the Persona dancing games, but I will buy the P3 game if Koromaru is a playable character xD

I can see a lot of Persona gaf fellows entering to a god mode just to play the three dancing games at same time :p

72f2f33f1972c3897af51f3f7fe7238a.gif

Dantis

Persona 3 Female MC will prolly be an unlockable hidden character.

Atlus has to toss people who love her something.

Isn't that right... @AtlusPrime ?????
AtlusPrime doesn't post in here. Or at all from what I've seen. He's a much less involved presence than John was (which is fine).

Ugh, I just wiped on (Dec. 24)
Mr 1000-foot tall
boss when he had only a sliver of life left. He had just done the super beam with all four arms, Makoto died, and I was so tired that I forgot to revive her before the end of my turn so she could heal everyone. Party wipe after a two hour fight. :((((

I just realised something about Persona Q2. Due to 3DS space limitations, it's totally gonna be dub-only in the West, isn't it?

FUCK.

Mediking

AtlusPrime doesn't post in here. Or at all from what I've seen. He's a much less involved presence than John was (which is fine).

I know, man.

I was just hoping that maybe someday that the new AtlusPrime guy would make an effort to interact with us.

We don't bite. :/

I also have no idea what Hardin is even up to.

At least Hardin would toss us a bone about information and crack jokes.

Of course. Hidden in the PSN store for you to unlock with 15 bucks. Comes with a new stage and wiping all out remix too!

Lol sad... but very possible.

I don't regret buying all the costumes for P5 though.

Nictel

I just realised something about Persona Q2. Due to 3DS space limitations, it's totally gonna be dub-only in the West, isn't it?

FUCK.

Maybe downloadable DLC like with P5? Though I don't know how common that is on the 3DS, or is the memory on the device itself too small?

Maybe downloadable DLC like with P5? Though I don't know how common that is on the 3DS, or is the memory on the device itself too small?

There's no reason why that couldn't happen and it's happened a lot on Vita.

I can't think of a single instance on 3DS though, so it would be unprecedented if it were to happen, so seems like an unlikely thing for ATLUS to bother with.

Think about how some of us felt with Persona 3, Persona 4, SMT IV, Apocalypse, etc.
Well, in those cases there WAS a Japanese dub, you just had to go unnecessarily out of your way to get it (undubs and the like). With SJ there isn't any English VO even being made.

I wasn't trying to start a subs versus dubs thing though. SJ is just the only SMT game I can think of with non-Japanese characters and they didn't dub it. Seems to me that would have been a cool chance to improve on the Japanese release in some ways.

Well, in those cases there WAS a Japanese dub, you just had to go unnecessarily out of your way to get it (undubs and the like). With SJ there isn't any English VO even being made.

I wasn't trying to start a subs versus dubs thing though. SJ is just the only SMT game I can think of with non-Japanese characters and they didn't dub it. Seems to me that would have been a cool chance to improve on the Japanese release in some ways.

I'm of the opinion that lack of Japanese audio track is cut content, whereas English audio is added content. No justification for removing the former, and entirely reasonable not to add the latter.

However, you have a good point with the non-Japanese characters thing. A dub would arguably have been fitting, you're right.

Top Bottom