• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT9| SPOILER TAGS OR DIE

Makio

I found funnier what Erika Harlacher says in twitter , she poses with a Ann pic as background so many times in the recent cons holding it to herself knowing she is the actress for the game

Thats the good thing of been still anonymous i guess , looking at her just posing with her character just look like another fan there (glasses included and stuff)

Something cant do someone more recognizable like Bailey / Baker...

--------

To add to the August theory , so the dub begins back in March when Arem tease "so it begins" ... i mean 5 months are fine for a dub of a game of this big , plus seeing how they share VA with Apocalypse pretty sure they got some double sessions in that time slot

barybll

Banned
Not convinced by the dubs
And im not into dubs so the names mean nothing to me.

I will just have to get used with these voices, but its gonna be hard to wash the jp voices from my mind.

I know it wont be bad since they are recycling smt:A and CSII voice actors tho

I doubt anything mankind will ever be able to do will be as good as the umbrella theory.

Yeah that was just...holy shit. Dude deserved the tag for it.

So I'm guessing text box entry would take 4 months? If we assume that the ugly video text is only because they don't have the in-game text done yet, they're only just now starting.

Dantis

Yeah that was just...holy shit. Dude deserved the tag for it.

So I'm guessing text box entry would take 4 months? If we assume that the ugly video text is only because they don't have the in-game text done yet, they're only just now starting.

I'm pretty sure a huge amount of the delay is 'strategic' placing on Atlus US' part.

I'm sure the game will be done and printed waaaaay before Feb, they just don't want to get crushed in the flood of Christmas 2016 game releases.

It's sensible, but frustrating.

Lynx_7

I'm pretty sure a huge amount of the delay is 'strategic' placing on Atlus US' part.

I'm sure the game will be done and printed waaaaay before Feb, they just don't want to get crushed in the flood of Christmas 2016 game releases.

It's sensible, but frustrating.

Instead, they get to be crushed by the flood of games coming around January and February!

Lynx_7

Look at my tag. It's my immortal legacy.

Goddamn man you gotta teach me your ways. Atlus needs to reference this in the localization somehow.

What games?

BTW, updating the list of what the first three months of 2017 will look like in North America:

Jan. 20: Gravity Rush 2
Jan. 24: Kingdom Hearts HD II.8
Jan. 24: Resident Evil 7
Jan. 24: Yakuza 0
Jan. 24: Tales of Berseria
Feb. 9: Ni-Oh
Feb. 14: Persona 5
Feb. 14: Sniper Elite 4
Feb. 14: For Honor
Feb. 21: Halo Wars 2
Feb. 23: Nier: Automata
Feb. 28: Horizon: Zero Dawn
March 7: Ghost Recon: Wildlands
March: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

The japanese release of Nier Automata is also somewhere in there.

Jintor

yKuxj5n.png

Co-Ops are now "Confidants" apparently

oh that's good

that's damn good

barybll

Banned
Mate, that list is B-tier as heck. Persona will be fine.

What you call B-tier, other people call A

And its the hell of an overestimation of persona,may your words be true and the growth of the series in the west be as good as you are predicting.

Setsu00

Goddamn man you gotta teach me your ways. Atlus needs to reference this in the localization somehow.

It's actually quite easy: Just connect dots that aren't really there and keep posting your stupid ramblings on the internet, preferably in a semi-public forum.

I'm not sure I understood all that but the gist seems to be that you're some sort of wizard/witch?

Pretty much, but I would call myself "idiot" instead.

Andrew J.

Matt Mercer as Yusuke Kitagawa: Ideally, the cast of P5 would be all new, but Matt's so good I can't complain. I really like a lot about Yusuke--except his Japanese voice--so this could be the biggest gap between my opinion on the character in Japanese and the character in English.

Yeah, from the little I've heard of the Japanese track Yusuke sounds a bit too deep. If Mercer pitched his voice as high as he did for Shigure, or even Nahyuta, it'll probably sound much more natural.

Strimei

I'm very happy with the cast overall. Mercer as Yusuke, whoever it was that posted the idea about him a day or two ago, I love you for putting that in my head because that was one I couldn't decide about (and it became true!)

As for the complaints about Morgana/Cassandra, honestly I think she's fine. Had I not heard Morgana in Japanese before, I wouldn't blink an eye. So I'm happy.

Dantis

Gravity Rush 2 is going to tank in the west, because it has a super dorky anime style and the first game was proper garbage.

Persona 5 will be fine.

Mediking

Gravity Rush 2 is going to tank in the west, because it has a super dorky anime style and the first game was proper garbage.

Persona 5 will be fine.

Gravity Rush 1 was garbage? What the hell?! It's an amazing superhero game full of charm and fun! I'm day one for GR2.

Lynx_7

Resident Evil 7 and Horizon (and maybe For Honor) are not what I'd call B tier but I can see the argument that there's not much overlap between fanbases.
On the other hand I expect Nioh, Tales of Berseria, Kingdom Hearts, GR 2 and Yakuza to leech sales off each other to some degree, including Persona. Just a reminder that Persona isn't exactly an A tier franchise in the west either. It shares a similar "minor japanese series" niche as the others mentioned, which is bound to limit its performance. (KH isn't minor, but since it's basically just a rerelease I don't expect it to sell gangbusters) Hopefully Nier won't get a western date until later in the year.

I don't expect Persona 5 to flop or anything, I'm sure it'll perform within Atlus' expectations, but the release date they chose isn't exactly a breather period.

Mediking

Nice try, Atlus. I refuse to get spoiled. I stopped watching the trailer after this moment :
y86257.gif

I guess Joker is getting framed or blackmailed. I wonder whose the woman with him....

Dantis

Gravity Rush 1 was garbage? What the hell?! It's an amazing superhero game full of charm and fun! I'm day one for GR2.
Absolute trash. I don't see the appeal at all.

Platinumed it on Vita because there was so little to play, so I've definitely seen enough of it.

barybll

Banned
Nice try, Atlus. I refuse to get spoiled. I stopped watching the trailer after this moment :
y86257.gif

I guess Joker is getting framed or blackmailed. I wonder whose the woman with him....

muahahaha

You got spoiled the first 15 minutes of the game
And all according to plan

Mediking

Platinumed it on Vita because there was so little to play, so I've definitely seen enough of it.

Your words sadden me. Try it again on PS4 and I'll bet you would love Gravity Rush then.
muahahaha

You got spoiled the first 15 minutes of the game
And all according to plan

It's the premise Aristotle, not a spoiler

No wonder Joker is mad at society. He's going to jail for walking with a pretty woman. And I was kinda hoping to experience one or two days of regular life as Joker before his life got turned upside down.

Gravity Rush is utter garbage lol. At the very least I'm glad that fans get a sequel even though it's sadly destined to tank.

Dub cast seems pretty solid. The only one I'm kind of iffy on is Makoto. Cherami Leigh is talented, but I'm not really a fan of her stuff and Makoto seems like a pretty big departure from the kind of roles she usually has.
But hey, I'm so fucking glad that Xander Mobus is pretty much a new go to VO for Atlus now.

Makio

"Cass is too good for Morgana"

Cassandra Lee Morris is a terrific actress but they just miscast her ... for the little we listen so far she doing a "little sister" type of role .... watching the clip again without knowing who is who you listen that voice again you bet she is Futaba or a Velvet sister no a cartonish no gender defined smoking cigar cat ... even Cindy Robinson's Labrys sounds more similar more cartoonish more what expected from Atlus
Not saying she should sounds like Tao from Blazblue , like morning cartoon and saying cat puns and shit ... but she sounds more like a Nanako character than Teddie one.

Great actress , great voice , wrong delivery and wrong tone .
Waiting in the future she prove me wrong or get used to it
---------

Same with Makoto VA is the one i dont see it yet ...or maybe was too baised waiting other type of actress of never been fan of Cherami Leigh work .... is gonna need some time or unless she sold me in her own clip , in a weeks from here

EDIT
LOL Genius arcana just say the same about Makoto... c'mon Leigh steal our hearts

Lynx_7

Honest question, but when did this whole dual-audio begging start? I don't remember many people complaining about the lack of JP voices in P3 or P4
specially since P4's eng dub is better than the original ;P
. Was it P4's anime exposing the series to anime fans that led to such a vocal group, or is it legit just the sheer star power behind P5's cast?

Zolo

It mostly has to do with the fact that it seems most Japanese games coming over these days have dual audio, so it's strange that the bigger releases don't have an option.

It mostly has to do with the fact that it seems most Japanese games coming over these days have dual audio, so it's strange that the bigger releases don't have an option.

Yeah, back when P4 came out, no one did dual audio, but now pretty much everyone is.

Also, more of the comments are probably because of P5's star power, yes. Like, I'd normally wouldn't give a shit, but I really like some of these people.

I won't complain to Atlus about it (I do my first run of dual audio games with English audio anyway), but I would be lying if I wasn't a tiny bit disappointed.

Makio

Wonder if Atlus USA is going to follow the same order as Japan in those characters clips ,if that the case the next one is Morgana and Makoto 3rd , there again i see them doing their own order so i see Morgana / Anne or Ryuji next

Plus how often , weekly ? thats means a proper dubbed trailer until around Christmas (8 weeks)

PD : They interview Robbie Daymond according to Persona Central, so that means Goro is getting a short trailer clip too ?

I know this is kind of OT, but the fact that you don't see the appeal doesn't make it absolute trash. I can agree that it's a bit rough and it can get repetitive, but I still loved the game. I'm pretty sure I played it at least three times on Vita and I'm eager to play the remastered on PS4 as soon as I get the chance.

Top Bottom