• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Mafia |OT| Memento Mori

Pfft, the only thing I seemed to seriously push through town was the plop lynch XD.

2013_%2B6_22_15_56.gif

Kidding!

Ohhhh man, that was bad lol. Like a full page of disappointment.

Had an alarm set and everything. It claims it went off.

At least the end of that thread gave us one of my favorite posts of this whole affair from Verelios:

11037 for town MVP
FEP for scum MVP

:p

Edit: Thinking back, my dumb ass was basically responsible for my own lynch because I was panicked and forgot I had a vote on WAMD rather than Hyper, and then wrote my vote out wrong.

Of course, I think even if I had survived, I would've been just delaying the inevitable.

2013_%2B6_22_15_56.gif

Kidding!

At least the end of that thread gave us one of my favorite posts of this whole affair from Verelios:

11037 for town MVP
FEP for scum MVP

:p

Edit: Thinking back, my dumb ass was basically responsible for my own lynch because I was panicked and forgot I had a vote on WAMD rather than Hyper, and then wrote my vote out wrong.

Of course, I think even if I had survived, I would've been just delaying the inevitable.

So Plop who did you save all those days as doc?

PK Gaming

GG everyone

Whew what a crazy game. I seriously hated the fact that I was scum in my very first mafia game... Like I really wanted to team up with the good guys and kick ass! But man, I felt a genuine camaraderie with my scummates so I had to go in hard with the lies. So yeah I tried to fake it till I made it, but I made so many mistakes. The worst was when I knew 11307 was going for the fake out and I had my post ready but I forgot to highlight WAMD's name.

I guess luck was the best thing i had going for me

0RqIK6V.png

But seriously, i'm glad I participated in this game and i'm extra glad I got to know you all. I feel like GAF just became a bit smaller.

yeah should have worded that better who did you protect.

First night was me because I didn't trust anyone.

Second night was FEP because I figured he was in danger because his successful push against Exodu5 made him our most likely town, which put a target on his back.

Third night was Vanguard because he had just been exposed as an Innocent Child or whatever it's called.

Fourth night was me because I'm an idiot. I was so sure Star was scum that the idea of saving her seemed ludicrous. I figured even if she was town, I was the one who needed to stay alive because I had even a teeny, tiny chance of maybe saving someone else.

I figured if she was town and died, I'd look bad, but nobody would seriously believe I had something to do with it because it's too obvious. I learned too late (and after I had died, Sophia confirmed) that I made the wrong choice.

Style

Banned
Pssst... Danganronpa Mafia was a couple seasons ago. But good news, there's a Danganronpa 3 game coming up.

(Sneaks away)

Send me a reminder/invitation for that one when it's getting made! Despite doing garbage this game, I'd like my try at another one!

A quick note for Town - The reason I lied about my shot count was because I scanned Flux N3 (or someplace thereabouts) and since I claimed right after he died, I figured it'd probably make me look scummy if I said I scanned him (not that it ended up mattering...)

Verelios

Big nod to Sophia and Crimson for always giving responses to questions fairly quickly and generally being the Fuuka to my investigation.

Ya'll can't be Rise cause I lost.

Natiko

Banned
A quick note for Town - The reason I lied about my shot count was because I scanned Flux N3 (or someplace thereabouts) and since I claimed right after he died, I figured it'd probably make me look scummy if I said I scanned him (not that it ended up mattering...)
A bunch of people in the spectator thread mentioned that it's normal for PRs limited in quantities to do what you did anyways.

TheExodu5

Banned
GG.

Props to 11037...devilishly well played in the end. If FEP were back you could have won that.

I panicked day 1. Say that 3 of us were he prime suspects and decided to jump in to challenge Sorian. Ended up backfiring in the end. PK voting for me was an accident...but it worked out quite well in the end.

I have no idea how to Buzz made it to the end. Man, you dodged kills left and right. Well done!

Booooo to whoever got the bear curse and didn't have fun with it. One of the most fun mechanics ever. Should have been a whole game thing!

Well played to everyone.

Overall the game seemed to go really well, almost too well. There didn't seem to be any major balancing issues. If there's anything I would have changed in hindsight, maybe drop the bear puns since I'm a bit worried that they discouraged Vanguard from posting at all, and not have the ascetic wear off after the celebrity revealed. The idea was to weaken the role, but I'm not even sure why we had it as it was. Role PM's I think needed to be a bit clearer too.

The biggest worry we had from the start was the mostly new scum team, especially with Exodu5 being lynched so early, but PK and BB managed to hang on anyway, despite relatively little guidance. I thought the neutral would have a harder time getting rid of a couple of his items, but he played the role really well, especially for a new player, and was gone before town even realised there was a neutral.

And thanks to Sophia for co running and providing most of the flavour.

Danganronpa should be a return to firm for unbalanced main season games. I demand that it be so

I don't think I'd ever be allowed to run it main season :(

GG and well played everyone especially PK you had me fooled till the last moments also big thanks to both Crimson and Sophia.
If there's anything I would have changed in hindsight, maybe drop the bear puns since I'm a bit worried that they discouraged Vanguard from posting at all.
the item wasn't the problem it just the hit the one person who hates teddy. also i was extremely busy with college stuff that day or i would've posted more. it didn't help that i was confirmed town either so it was a bad luck combo.

Top Bottom