• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Mafia |OT| Memento Mori

PK Gaming

Similarly, "I'm inactive because" doesn't fly. Why are you town? Why aren't you scum? Who is scum?

Alright, here goes nothing

61ObqbN.png

Why i'm town

• I've voted for just about every scum player so far. The argument that I did this to make myself look good doesn't even factor because
1) that clearly hasn't worked out for me!
2) It's downright counterproductive to consistently do so as I've mentioned.

• As a scum, I never would have opted to for Sorian on day 1 since he was one of the few users that believed in me and likely had a doctor protecting him on day 1, ultimately making him a risky AND detrimental kill for me. I also wouldn't have killed Flux either but I can't really corroborate that with evidence... just trust me on this one.

• I'm a bad player! I'm clearly emotional. I bandwagon even though I pretend not too, and I lack experience. I've consistently made some of the worst plays and basically got through due to dumb luck. Or maybe not? I bet scum tried to make a scapegoat too. That's probably why i'm alive right now.

I prioritized school and recreational activities over Mafia. Simple enough. Mafia was intimidating and it kind of felt like work. I didn't try my hardest and it shows... sorry.

On Voting

On day 1 I initially voted for Style because it was obvious, but doing so put me under so much goddamn scrutiny. So after working on my reads list (and realizing I couldn't have finished it in time) I made this grand post indicting TheExodu5 even though I wasn't even super confident about him. I was honestly bluffing to make myself look cool... it worked out in the end, but all that stuff about his recent play being worse than his earlier play was fluff. It wasn't meritless because I was clearly onto something, but I was winging it.

Day 2 was obvious

On Day 3, I straight up had no idea who to vote on. Rather than avoid a situation where i'd put a target on my back, I decided to wait things out. I realize now that doing so was an incredibly bad idea; being successful in this game comes down to proactivity.

Day 4 was another case of bandwagoning. I mean granted, I thought he was a scum player and I still think that to some extent but given how dire the situation is, I can't get by on "thinking."

Day 5 was an actual goof because again, my dumb ass actually missed the deadline. Yet another case of bandwagoning and I'm not going to lie, I completely bought into Hyperactivity's argument against him.

When plop flipped town, I knew I couldn't trust Hyper at all, which was why I voted to lynch him. I'm still in shock over how he wasn't scum.

Thoughts on who scum might be

Matt Attack is a given, based on Verelious's post.

Blackbuzzard getting a pass is completely mystifying considering he was on the chopping block on a several occasions. His passive play has been suspicious from the beginning.

I don't like being put on the defense by 11037. He seems like a textbook town, but there's also a chance he might be scum. He's been a careful, largely unemotional player who hasn't really had much of a presence until now. I'm not saying he's scum, but him being town isn't 100% either.

FEP's probably the only one I really trust. He's got this aggressive passion that only a town fighting for their life would have in this game.

By her own admission, WAMD's activity hasn't been too hot. Nothing she's said strikes me as suspicious, but that's mainly because her posts have generally been non-committal. I agree with FEP's assertion that her not voting on any scum is suspicious (even if that implicates me).

So for me, it comes down to WAMD and Blackbuzzard. I pray that it isn't 11037, because if he beats us, i'll never, ever live it down.

Banned
Calm down chief

I saw your post and figured i'd vote for someone to seal the game

Buzzard switching his post at the last second was definitely suspicious though
You and BB just happened to vote for WAMD in like a 10 second gap? Sure. I'm not buying that.

You and BB just happened to vote for WAMD in like a 10 second gap? Sure. I'm not buying that.

At this point the pool has been narrowed to the point where basically anything is a shot in the dark, that's how safe much of the play these past few days has been. This is actionable evidence against PK and surprisingly BB, or at least as close to actionable evidence we're gonna get.

Banned
We absolutely need FEP to move his vote off WAMD or we're screwed. I guess WAMD could come in to make it a tie but idk if she has ever been here for day end.

A scream.

It was the scream of WhereAreMahDragonz.

Without warning, her face began to melt.

It distorted.

It twisted.

And after a few seconds, it brusted.

Personas and Shadows are two sides of the same coin, after all. If put under enough stress, the controlled aspect of a Persona will revert back into it's uncontrolled form.

And that was exactly what had happened here.

As for WhereAreMahDragonz?

She was no more.

WhereAreMahDragonz has been devoured by her own shadow.

"Welcome to the Velvet Room.

My name is Igor, and I am delighted to make your acquaintance. This place exists between dream and reality, mind and matter... It is a place where those with a special power may home their ability.

You, my dear, are gifted with the power of a Persona. This means you are aligned with the your fellow Persona users in the Town

With your powers together, you have the ability to vote and remove those who would threaten your town.

But take heed of the Shadows that approach, for they threaten to destroy everything you hold dear. Find your fellow Persona users, and make use of your bonds to draw back the Shadows.

My time is running short. However, dreams are a gateway to your future, and there is endless possibility stretched out before you.

'til we meet again..."

PK and BlackBuzzard grinned deviously at the other Persona users. They knew that, in terms of raw power, they outnumbered the remaining Persona users.

The time had come. The town would be devoured into eternal darkness.

As Matt Attack, 11037 and flatearthpandas looked on, the duo of Shadows transformed into grotesque abominations. None of the Persona users had any time to react as Matt Attack was grabbed. Tossed into the air by Buzzard like he was nothing, and landing with a thud on the roof of the nearest building.

11037 and flathearthpandas summoned their Personas, but their actions were too late. A bolt of electricity flung down from the sky, and nailed flatearthpandas head on. He was knocked backwards into the street. Meanwhile, 11037's Persona attempted to rush BlackBuzzard, only to be swatted away like it was nothing. Grabbing ahold of the nearest lamp post, Buzzard ripped it off, and threw it with a great force at 11037, stabbing him through the stomach, and causing him to tumble over.

PK and Buzzard's Laughter filled the air, as the town's blue sky was suddenly covered in darkness. Screams could be heard from people, as shadows began appearing left and right. Without remorse, they began to swarm the unsuspecting towns, as Matt Attack and 11037 looked on. They were unable to get up. They were unable to do anything to help. One of them was paralyzed, and the other was bleeding to death...

The Persona users had lost.

All that remained was the sound of howling.

Matt Attack, 11037, and flatearthpandas have died.

They were all vanilla town

The Shadows have won the game!

PK Gaming:

"I am a Shadow, the True Self.

Born from the darkness in mankind's heart, I'll soon learn everything there is to know about mankind.

My Reverse Persona of the Fortune Arcana can see the arcana hidden behind their hearts. The power of a name cop!

All I have to do is say the words, Investigate: <user>, and it's name shall be revealed to me.

But I am not alone.

My fellow Shadows are:

And we have the power to communicate with each other:

Together, we'll user in a new era. Where the ignorant will wither away and the wise among us will reign supreme!

But there are fools that would stand in our way...

We can take out those Persona users, once a night!

As long as I don't use my power that night, I only need to say the word. Kill: <player>

If we can hold the majority, then we win.

Let the games begin."

BlackBuzzard:

"I am a Shadow, the True Self.

Born from the darkness in mankind's heart, my strength is unmatched by anyone else!

Nothing can stop my Reverse Persona if I kill them with this command, Strong: <player>. The power of the Chariot Arcana is unmatched, for it is the power of a Strongman

It strength will only last twice.

But, I am not alone.

My fellow Shadows are:

And we have the power to communicate with each other:

Together, we'll user in a new era. Where only true strength matters!

But there are those that would stand in our way...

We can take out those Persona users, once a night!

As long as I don't use my power that night, I only need to say the word. Kill: <player>

If we can hold the majority, then we win.

Let the games begin. "

Congrats to the scum team! You guys lost two of your number almost immediately and proceeded to watch town annihilate itself for the remainder of the game, so major props for pulling it off. I feel like you guys were particularly bold with throwing shade at each other, which absolutely helped you avoid suspicion in the later stages of the game (I may have fallen hook, line, and sinker).

This is far from the first time I've lost a Gafia game, but it definitely hurts a little more this time since we essentially figured out who scum was in the final 10 minutes (11037, your WAMD-vote bait was incredible). If we'd just had one more vote! In any case, GG to all.

Banned
Good job PK and BB!

Thanks for hosting the game Crimson and Sophia! It was very fun, tense and frustrating.

edit: i can finally edit my posts now

Style

Banned
I messed up so bad, but it's nice scums found a way to win anyhow. 11037 & Matt Attack you two did really great; would have won the game if the rest of town wasn't idle right now.

Ourobolus

Banned
Yeah man that play by 11037 was ballsy. This is why as scum you HAVE to post at the nigh-exact same time. Even with his unvote if it had happened after both of you had voted you would have had majority. It didn't matter due to the way it played out, but phew that was clutch.

Sophia

Let us know any critiques of the setup that you may have. Good or bad. I thought it was slightly town favored myself, but it seems scum pulled off a win anyhow.

Was awesome running it with you, Crimson. <3

Also major thanks to Ouro and cabot for helping balance the setup. We wouldn't have gotten it finished without you two, probably >.<;

Top Bottom