• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Super Live P-Sound Bomb!!!! 2017 Thread

They didn't have to cut that in order to have the full Never More. We didn't need two versions of Light the Fire Up in the Night again. >_>

Fair enough, sorry. Didn't seem like length was a concern with this concert either (Nearly 3 hours long!) so that was weird.

Dugna

I know this is a bit of a pain but can anyone post the setlist? At least the stuff you remember off of the top your head?

I think all the P5 vocal tracks where played mixed with some of the boss music from P5 and then the favorites from P3/4 even heard some P1/2 intros in there also I think.

Gbraga

I know this is a bit of a pain but can anyone post the setlist? At least the stuff you remember off of the top your head?

They got Key Plus Words back, Dragon. Key Plus Words!!

It was so powerful in 2012. One of my favorite tracks that year. :')

I'm hoping for the full setlist as well, it'll probably appear on Persona Central at some point.

I think all the P5 vocal tracks where played mixed with some of the boss music from P5 and then the favorites from P3/4 even heard some P1/2 intros in there also I think.

P1/P2? Really? Can't wait to hear the P5 stuff.

They got Key Plus Words back, Dragon. Key Plus Words!!

It was so powerful in 2012. One of my favorite tracks that year. :')

I'm hoping for the full setlist as well, it'll probably appear on Persona Central at some point.

Nice! I agree, that song was amazing at the 2012 show, the 2013 version didn't quite have the same power.
Man, we are definitely on the same wavelenght lol.

Man this was a long show, but let's see. Things might be wrong/out of order.

Your Affection [Violin Ver.]
Burn My Dread
Wake Up, Get Up, Get Out There
Persona Series Medley Remix [Beneath the Mask/Signs of Love/When the Moon's Reaching Out Stars]
Mass Destruction
Reach out to the Truth
The Last Surprise
Phantom
Tokyo Emergency
Key Plus Word
Master of Shadows
Break Out Of
Laser Beam
Willpower
Beneath the Mask [Rain Ver.]
Blooming Villain
Fog
Demon of Lust
Battle for Everyone's Soul
Heaven [Violin Ver.]
Maze of Life
Time to Make History
Whims of Fate
Knights of the Holy Lance (Hey they remember!)
Our Beginning
Aria of the Soul
Burn my Dread (Yes, again, I think)
Rivers in the Desert
P3D Remix Medley
P5D Remix Medley
Kimi no Kioku
Light up the Fire in the Night
Life will Change
Never More
Hoshi To Bokura To

Burn My Dread
Persona Series Medley Remix [Beneath the Mask/Signs of Love/When the Moon's Reaching Out Stars]
Laser Beam
Mass Destruction
Reach out to the Truth
The Last Surprise
Phantom
Tokyo Emergency
Key Plus Word
Master of Shadows
Willpower
Blooming Villain
Fog
Demon of Lust
Heaven [Violin Ver.]
The Beginning
Maze of Life
Time to Make History
Whims of Fate
Our Beginning
Rivers in the Desert
P3D Remix Medley
P5D Remix Medley
Kimi no Kioku
Life will Change
Never More
Hoshi To Bokura To

Holy Fuck!

I need those violin versions. If Heaven was even better than 2012 I'm gonna fucking die.
And Knights of the holy fucking lance?! Wut?!
And that medley must've been sweet as hell.

Burn My Dread
Laser Beam
Mass Destruction
Reach out to the Truth
The Last Surprise
Phantom
Tokyo Emergency
Key Plus Word
Master of Shadows
Willpower
Blooming Villain
Fog
Demon of Lust
Heaven [Violin Ver.]
The Beginning
Maze of Life
Time to Make History
Whims of Fate
Our Beginning
Rivers in the Desert
P3D Remix Medley
P5D Remix Medley
Kimi no Kioku
Life will Change
Never More
Hoshi To Bokura To

I cried a little when they were doing this song. Must have spent at least a hundred hours with those tunes in the background...

Holy Fuck!

I need those violin versions. If Heaven was even better than 2012 I'm gonna fucking die.
And Knights of the holy fucking lance?! Wut?!
And that medley must've been sweet as hell.

It was a heck of a standout, probably the single most surprising and pleasant song in the concert.

I'm also definitely missing a bunch of P3/P4 songs that flew over my head during the middle. Break out of seems to be one of them.

Sycoraxic98

Neo Member
I actually had to step out and missed Hirata-san's final monologue before Never More, but saw that she was crying and thanking people profusely. Was she just talking about how grateful she was? Did something happen?

I actually had to step out and missed Hirata-san's final monologue before Never More, but saw that she was crying and thanking people profusely. Was she just talking about how grateful she was? Did something happen?
She was touched by how much the event has grown from when it started back in 2008.

When they played the ending anime cutscene from P3 before Yumi sang Kimi no Kioku, was anyone else expecting an announcement of a direct sequel to P3?

So a famitsu special was only printed and handed out to the concert goers? I guess that's why the games never leaked. If only Atlus's website managers could time it better.

Lol, she already cried at the 2013 show because it was their first show at the Budokan. She's so sweet. Last night she was tweeting that she couldn't sleep, I hope she didn't go to the show without at least sleeping a couple of hours lol.

Memories of You is such a beautiful song. It's honestly the most powerful song in the Persona series.

Too much feels in that song.

Gbraga

Memories of You is such a beautiful song. It's honestly the most powerful song in the Persona series.

Too much feels in that song.

Did they do the 2012 thing again? With Hirata doing the second voice? That was absolutely amazing.

I'm also partial to 2012 Mass Destruction, Lotus Juice singing "ooh yeah" and "baby baby" along with Kawamura adds a lot.

Man, 2012 was fantastic. I do appreciate how unique it ended up being, though. Gives me a reason to always go back to it, even with so many concerts since then. Breakin' Through was HYPE.

Did they do the 2012 thing again? With Hirata doing the second voice? That was absolutely amazing.

I'm also partial to 2012 Mass Destruction, Lotus Juice singing "ooh yeah" and "baby baby" along with Kawamura adds a lot.

Man, 2012 was fantastic. I do appreciate how unique it ended up being, though. Gives me a reason to always go back to it, even with so many concerts since then. Breakin' Through was HYPE.

Yeah, 2012 is still my favorite as well, 2013 came close though. Today must've been amazing though, that setlist is crazy.
As for Memories of You, Yumi struggles a bit with it which is understandable so having Shihoko do backup vocals was a good call, they only did it that one time though.

So a famitsu special was only printed and handed out to the concert goers? I guess that's why the games never leaked. If only Atlus's website managers could time it better.
I uploaded some pics here https://imgur.com/a/EMWMd

I didn't know that Yumi was struggling with Kimi no Kioku. During the concert she mentioned that Meguro said it was a must to sing that song lol. She had the audience to sing part of the chorus.

I uploaded some pics here https://imgur.com/a/EMWMd

I didn't know that Yumi was struggling with Kimi no Kioku. During the concert she mentioned that Meguro said it was a must to sing that song lol. She had the audience to sing part of the chorus.

It's a hard song because of the chorus which doesn't give any time to breathe, sometimes she tries to sing it without stopping but usually she has to take a break to catch her breath.
On one of the shows she made a joke about Meguro trying to kill her when he wrote it lol.

Part of it is that it's a really, really long show that clocks in at 3 hours long, so the setlist naturally looks stacked. Be prepared to set aside that amount of time to really enjoy it instead of moving around like I was.

And oh, rewatching the recording and I did get a whole bunch of things wrong. Heaven's main instrument was the flute (and was a really shortened version, part of a medley with other tracks like Mystic and Our Beginning). It wasn't so much a P3D and P5D remix medley as it was just DJ Waku mixing the trailer songs and a bunch of other P3/P5 samples.

Keinning

where's the outrage of the P3 fans about "a fucking dance game oh my god when will this milking ever stop so embarassing i'm glad that will never happen to my favourite one" by the way

e79bebe9d8123cd5dca361eaf3d80807.gif

atlus gives no thoughts to your cries of "maintaining franchise integrity"

Part of it is that it's a really, really long show that clocks in at 3 hours long, so the setlist naturally looks stacked.

And oh, rewatching the recording and I did get a whole bunch of things wrong. Heaven's main instrument was the flute (and was a really shortened version). It wasn't so much a P3D and P5D remix medley as it was just DJ Waku mixing the trailer songs and a bunch of other P3/P5 samples.

Oh, OK. They've been using the flute on Heaven for a while, now I'm a bit disappointed lol, was really curious to see that violin version.

Can I still buy a ticket? I completely forgot you can still watch it again after it's over, I didn't buy a ticket because I'm at work and wouldn't have been able to watch it live.

There are strings, but it's the accompaniment. I suppose that's what stuck in my mind.

I see. I seriously need to get home lol.

where's the outrage of the P3 fans about "a fucking dance game oh my god when will this milking ever stop so embarassing i'm glad that will never happen to my favourite one" by the way

e79bebe9d8123cd5dca361eaf3d80807.gif

atlus gives no thoughts to your cries of "maintaining franchise integrity"

Persona 3 is awesome in any form, Persona 4 isn't.

Oh wow, I live right next to this event and didn't even know it was happening...

Lol, OMG...

Anyway, I'm finally catching up with this.

OMG this show is amazing, the production values are through the roof, there's so much going on on stage and everyone is on point. Oh wow, this might end up being my favorite show yet.

NeatoKuni

Where is everyone finding streams? I missed it. :(

Edit: it wouldn't take my card so if anyone wants to pm me a restream 👀

Top Bottom