• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PES 2018 - Pro Evolution Soccer |OT| Man Blue vs Man Red for the KONAMI Cup

PaulLFC

Sooo, it's not 4k on PS4 Pro yet, right? The image quality is terrible.
I was thinking that. A bit disappointed with it graphically, it definitely looks worse than 2017 did post 4K update. Loads of aliasing around the edges of the pitch and advertising boards at Anfield.

Matty8787

I have had a little stuttering in-game so I am going to try and reset my monitor overclock and see if that solves it. Still getting a delay in the menu's though and I am using an X1 controller.

GHG

I was thinking that. A bit disappointed with it graphically, it definitely looks worse than 2017 did post 4K update. Loads of aliasing around the edges of the pitch and advertising boards at Anfield.

I think I identified the problem for you.

StarEye

The Amiga Brotherhood
Online still not working on PC, despite website saying servers are online.

Brilliant game though, although is the lighting in PC version different/worse than PS4 version?

Hasney

Brilliant game though, although is the lighting in PC version different/worse than PS4 version?

Yeah, it looks baked in.

Need these servers to crack these packs

Fluloco

By playing in the Camp Nou both in the demo (in PS4) and in the final game (PC) I would say it's exactly the same on both, but I don't know, maybe I'm wrong.

philm87

Lighting isn't particularly great on the PS4 Pro version. Fifa has the lighting and grass pretty spot on, they should be proud of this if nothing else.

Matty8787

Ok reset my monitors overclock and limited in RTSS and it runs mostly smooth now with the odd random stutter so I am happy with that.

Defending and dribbling I need to get used to again as I ain't played for ages.

julrik

Exactly.

And LOADS of dithering - even on shadows and hair! Just check out Griezmann in Edit Mode and zoom in on his face with R2. Looks terrible. And he's scanned by Staramba as well, and should be one of the best faces in the game. Really, really weird. Hope the Day One patch saves the day.

Fluloco

Exactly.

And LOADS of dithering - even on shadows and hair! Just check out Griezmann in Edit Mode and zoom in on his face with R2. Looks terrible. And he's scanned by Staramba as well, and should be one of the best faces in the game. Really, really weird. Hope the Day One patch saves the day.

The Day One patch is already in (check in the logo screen the version, in the lower left corner, should be 1.01)

philm87

PESUniverse will release theirs today. Costs £5, though.

Apparently PESWorld will release theirs today too, but not a lot of info about it, as far as I can tell.

PES Universe is free isn't it? Just choose Bronze membership. Anyway their website keeps crashing so they may be updating it at the moment,

CaVaYeRo

Servers are online now, went online 11:30-ish. Here's in-game screens with Dembélé already in Barça, Neymar & Mbappé in PSG, etc:

https://www.gamereactor.es/noticias/435233/PES+2018+descarga+ya+la+actualizacion+de+plantillas/

_2202863b.png

_2202933b.png

philm87

I've noticed tika-tika tactics don't seem to work as well, but may be because I'm getting used to the new game and also playing with the starting MyClub team. Hoping my Usain Bolt code works later on PS4 :-D

Matty8787

Just finished my first full match.

I ended up with 3 free kicks and a yellow for the opposition so fouls seemed OK to me.

Some of the animations are superb I must add, waiting on that all important option file to start a ML and maybe some MyClub.

julrik

The Day One patch is already in (check in the logo screen the version, in the lower left corner, should be 1.01)
Damn...

Then I don't know what the hell is up with the IQ. Doesn't look like 4K - that's for sure.

PES Universe is free isn't it? Just choose Bronze membership. Anyway their website keeps crashing so they may be updating it at the moment,
I thought Bronze members would have to wait a little longer for their OFs, and that Silver, Gold and Diamond get Early Access? Might not be the case for OF V1.0, though.

First special agent I roll on myclub gets me Messi.

200.gif
Congrats! I got Griezmann - happy with that.

pieface

Not a fan so far.

I've only played 2v2/3v3 online and here's my thoughts.

1. There's no way to filter the quality of team you're matched up against in the clan matches. So if your clan play as a 3star team, you get matched against 5 star team. This is just painful. Surely a filter is simple?

2. There's no way to filter the clan matches so you only play against 2 or 3 actual players, rather than 1 person with the CPU. If I wanted to play against the CPU i'd do offline matches. The fact that one person can start a 3v3 clan match is just stupid.

3. Don't know if this is network related or just the game, but it feels so slow and sluggish to pass and move players. Almost like my TV is not in "game mode".

Mainly, they've introduced a cool 3v3 idea, but have implemented it with absolute stupidity. FIFA just does online games better, and the 2v2 setup for online games is way better in FIFA.

Tizoc

Biggest gripe i have so far is that there is no arabic commentary
That is one thing fifa has over pes overe here i guess and is the reason many in the me would go for fifa

Atill i enjoyed what inplayed and kook forward to trying it eith coworkers today

Bumhead

Banned
A little annoyed with PES Universe. I was under the impression the Bundesliga would form part of today's patch regardless of what you paid, but they're only letting Gold members (£10) have access to it today. "Early Access", apparently.

Jingo

How do i play 2vs2 coop online? I can only do it local or 3vs3, am i missing aomething or pes screw me up again? I dont want to continue to make rooms to play.

philm87

What difficulty is everyone playing at? Playing at top player atm and coming from FIFA its quite a learning curve.

Professional is probably a decent balance if you're new to PES or recently come back. Probably dominate possession but not always easy to create and finish chances. Depends massively which team you play as also. Professional might be good for a starting master league team but too easy if you're Real Madrid.

03sho

Even though my copy was despatched from The Game Collection 2 days ago it still hasn't arrived. Never using then again

Top Bottom