• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PewDiePie defends Polish politician who believes women are less intelligent than men

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is indeed a big benefit of their jackassery.

What benefit? There's absolutely no benefit here. This is not exposing shit ideas as shit ideas, this is making people rally behind shit ideas. I mean, look at the rate of like to dislike ratio on the PDP video for example. The bigger audience seems to be fucking embracing stuff like this.

Some of you are missing the point that there isn't an all out outrage over something as flat out ridiculous as defending a goofy bow tie wearing mummy looking James Bond villain ass backwards motherfucker saying women are less intelligent than men. It would be one thing if PDP did this and people were angry and shit but that's not what's happening here, they're supporting him. This shit is insanity.

So fucking stupid. Even if you felt that way, why would you say that? I mean, he doesn't need the exposure. He doesn't need the publicity.

At least movie "stars" have the excuse of being drunk and in a dead end career when they have their racist, sexit outbursts.

Just blurting it out? Lol.

Anyway I am sure a fake or a "sorry if you were offended" apology is on its way soon.

I remember once many years and years ago my girlfriend and I were looking through YouTube videos trying to find some reactions to people playing Amnesia. We stumbled upon this channel where a guy was just screaming into his microphone at an unbelievably high volume every 2-3 seconds and babbling incoherently.

If you asked me back then "will this guy go on to become an internet cult sensation and a clarion call for neo-fascism?" I would have assumed no.

The world is fucking nuts.

Of course not, for what it's worth though in America specifically I think women are 60% of the college students now

That's what I thought, in the UK they usually mention that girls grade higher than boys in high school... and I know it's anecdotal but I've met some really dumb guys over the years.

I hope not, love CLS. But if he did, I'd probably still watch CLS lmao

giphy.gif

Arcia

Banned
Oh man, are you telling me the man whose early material was filled with rape jokes has a low opinion of women?!

...yeah, I've known since the beginning he was a shitstain, he always gave me a bad vibe. Call it women's intuititon lol.

And I remember people telling me "oh, hes just using shock comedy, he doesn't really mean anything, stop being so offended at everything." Nope, people who joke around about that kind of stuff are usually scum.

D i Z

Why would anyone give two shits what this dude thinks in the matter. He makes silly YouTube videos, how does that give him insight into the struggles of living life as a woman or politics in general.

Why would anyone care about who their children are dedicated viewers to?

"these reason" man this guy sucks. I get it hes a dude with stupid views that unfortunatly many people have. But since he is in the limelight so often, of his own volition, I get to say this.

If you ask me this sounds like more fake news created by the jealous mainstream media! They're so jealous and afraid of his YouTube success for some reason! In a totally unrelated matter, does anyone have the home addresses of Craveonline's staff and the names of their children? By the way, don't forget, we're the good guys, we have to fight back! /s

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
A rich internet white guy turns out to be a douche? I for one am shocked!

Ok, fuck it. PewDiePie can eat shit forever. How is it that literally every time there's smoke there is also a huge fire when it comes to YouTube idiots?

Guys, slow down. He didn't mean it this way. The mainstream media is out to get him. The Wall Street Journal is not providing context for his remarks. It was just a joke. He does it because he knows it will make people upset, it's edgy. It's only Youtube, it is not meant to be taken serious. /s

I'm sure I missed a few there from the previous defense forces when Youtube celebrities aired their disgusting views.

Turns out, there is a good reason there is a filter between celebrities and their audience like there has been since the start of mass media. And when you remove it, a lot of these people can't shut the fuck up and feel the need to talk about their abhorrent views.

I still can't believe this stuff is what keeps the kids busy these days. A look at those trending tabs on Youtube and you are filled with idiots doing idiot things and influencing kids like that is some normal behavior. Youtube needs to take some damn responsibility and start booting channels of their network.

L Thammy

I feel like we should have expected better from the guy that became popular by screaming "rape" into a microphone. I'm half serious, too; he actually showed responsibility for his words when he decided to stop doing that. Not so much when he started attacking the mainstream media.

Have the people who were defending PewDiePie over his Nazi imagery stuff weighed in?

Murkas

How do parents control that content? Just curious as my kid is only two and it's a conversation we've had between my wife and I in terms of how to regulate crap like that.

Don't have kids but here's my experience from having 2 cousins, 5 and 4 that stay over every now and then. (The 5 year old is a sly fucker, he watches these tech review channels that go into phone/tablet details so he now knows how to change settings and shit). They both have their own tablets.

Youtube kids app is generally better than the regular Youtube apps. Netflix kids is pretty good too.

Kids can sorta be aware of the ads that appear in the f2p games but some of these ads are sneaky. They're games in the actual ads and try their best to hide the X button.

You wanna password/parental control everything. Leave nothing unturned. Dunno about Android but on ipad you got restrictions under general settings so you can hide certain apps, only let stuff you're allowing them to access appear. You're probably gonna want to restrict the internet browser too.

Password protect your account for purchases and app downloads.

Keep an ear out on what they're watching. Some of these kid targeted streamers (Minecraft, Roblox etc) love cursing/making edgy jokes.

Keep an eye out on what they're watching. The 5 year old tricked my mom into unlocking her ipad (he has his own one) so he can watch Youtube videos (my mom has regular Youtube app only, the kid knows there's stuff on there that don't appear on the kids one), glancing at him he was watching a video that looked innocent. Something like 30 amazing facts that will make you smarter. The vid was just music only with text on some pictures, it started out innocent with shit like bears can eat this amount of food, an airplane can go this fast blah blah blah, couple of mins later I glance over and it's explaining how there's a 15 min video clip of Marilyn Monroe performing oral sex on JFK.

The kids are zombies, they can't eat without their eyes being glued on a tablet. I'd separate the tablet from dinner time.

The 5 year old is a right sneaky prick, he knows how to delete history and the recently closed apps.

You gotta be next level vigilante with this shit, you'd think being on a gamer forum and all you're tech savvy. Fuck no, you gotta dive into this a bit. Imo I wouldn't even give a young kid their own ipad, I'd let them use your one for X amount of mins a day. Growing up my parents would never let us have a TV in our own rooms, I kinda feel like giving a young kid their own tablet is the same thing.

Betty

Banned
“If you’re a female watching this, I want you to know that you are not what the media or politicians or people on Twitter try to tell you… or even what I am [trying to tell you]. You’re not weak, you are not less privileged, you are strong. I think it’s a real unhealthy way of looking at things. What happened to ‘I am a woman hear me roar?’ It’s become ‘I am a woman, I earn less than men'"

Seems his messaging is a bit scattershot, he's not agreeing women are less intelligent but he also trusts the guy saying that same thing is being honest about how wage gaps are tallied.

Kremzeek

What a dipshit.

He'll just wave it away as a joke or something, and all his defenders will say stop picking apart everything he says.

I wish he'd just play games and shut up about everything else.

Seems his messaging is a bit scattershot, he's not agreeing women are less intelligent but he also trusts the guy saying that same thing is being honest about how wage gaps are tallied.
I mean that's wrong too but even then in that quote he doesn't mention anything about intelligence, just weakness. Oh and also being a condescending dick.
Very selective bolding in the OP
Not really, if anything it's selective because it doesn't bold enough jackassery.

Ponn

Banned
I love the insidious ways these jerk offs work to manipulate people.

"At first I was OMG this is horrible and wrong. But then I started to think about it and it started to make sense (proceeds to present cherry picked out of context observations or flat out bullshit). And hey you know I might be wrong but shouldn't we at least listen to these people saying vile stuff?"

These creepy vile pieces of shit are like those fun uncles that whisper shit in your ear and pretend to be your best buddy that you should trust. It makes me sick.

tbm24

I know a 7 year old girl who worships this dude and his channel. Not actually sure what to do about it given it's my friends kid and she's only 7.

I hate when rich ass white men argue against statistics like this.

You'll still be fucking rich PewDiePie if women get paid fairly. Like, stop being so stupid.

Cat Party

How do parents control that content? Just curious as my kid is only two and it's a conversation we've had between my wife and I in terms of how to regulate crap like that.

Treat watching YouTube the same way you treat any other media. Most importantly, watch it for yourself with them. Kids these days tend to have their favorite channels on YouTube (not just for gaming), and you need to know what they are and what the people who run them are up to. It's weird to us how our kids are consuming media, but we have to adapt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom