• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phantasy Star Online 2 Beta and Information Thread [Open Beta Live Now]

ok guys as a PSO purist who loved everything PSO and balked at everything PSU, before i start the big ass download...

is it a good transition or is it PSU lite?

It's pretty much PSO at its base, with everything good about PSU and several brand new concepts added to the mix. It's the most fun I've had since PSOBB.

The locked character creation situation is really getting to me - I'm so upset about it I'm probably not getting much done at work today.

Raide

ok guys as a PSO purist who loved everything PSO and balked at everything PSU, before i start the big ass download...

is it a good transition or is it PSU lite?

It is the true sequel to PSO. Forget PSU even was made. While it does have changes from PSO, there is much here that reminds you of how awesome PSO was and also how much more interesting they have pushed the game.

The sounds alone bring back fond memories of PSO but the new combat feel and flow makes it feel fresh.

I got onto Ship 2! :D My character is Chiyana and I will now try to get onto the NeoGAF team, which would be the right-click menu option to whisper someone?

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Quest settings translation and guide to whispering to other players added to the OP.

So...I've been swamped with work and stuff, leaving me with little time to even start the download for the patch. I might play a bit this weekend, just wondering whether it's realistic to bother starting on ship 2 now and possibly joining the neogaf team. Is the ship packed/full all the time?

So...I've been swamped with work and stuff, leaving me with little time to even start the download for the patch. I might play a bit this weekend, just wondering whether it's realistic to bother starting on ship 2 now and possibly joining the neogaf team. Is the ship packed/full all the time?

Unless you enjoy soloing or have good enough Japanese to party up with native speakers, getting on any ship other than Ship02 is beyond pointless.

You guys have no idea how upset I am from this. I'm going to flip out if character creation is still locked when I get home in ~7 hours.

Going to sleep in about 30 minutes, anyone else for a team invite before I head to bed? If you can't get on tonight of course we'll get you tomorrow.

Wonko_C

Anyone having trouble starting the game? It was running fine in the closed beta. When I click the start game button on the launcher I just wait and wait, the gameguard doesn't even show up. task manager shows that pso2.exe is maxing out one of my cores.

Unless you enjoy soloing or have good enough Japanese to party up with native speakers, getting on any ship other than Ship02 is beyond pointless.

You guys have no idea how upset I am from this. I'm going to flip out if character creation is still locked when I get home in ~7 hours.

I hear you. I'm not too familiar with Japanese culture, but it is now after 1:00am there, so I assume most people are already in bed or will be going to sleep soon. Yet, Ship 02 is still locked. :(

ezodagrom

Ship 2 blocks are now less filled than they were during the pre-OBT, there might be another problem to the lag and character lock. Something about that was mentioned in SEGA's PSO2 twitter, about ships 1 to 5 having problems with lag, and SEGA is investigating the issues.

Actually, in most games I end up soloing a lot lol...

In any case, I'll probably download the patch when I get home tonight. Not sure when I'll get to play but hopefully I can create a character on Ship02.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
I assume the game patches itself when you launch the client and click "Start?" No way of telling how long that's going to take, is there?

ezodagrom

Oh wonderful!

Will we be able to keep playing after it's launched, or will an ip-block commence?
Taking into consideration that english players can play in the Phantasy Star Universe japanese servers with no problems, no, I wouldn't expect any ip-block to happen.

Ogni-XR21

I called in sick at work today so I got to start at 4pm Japan time (9am German time). So I had no problem registering on ship2.

Still a bit confused about some stuff but that was to be expected. Hoping for an English patch to come soon.

I took my first steps during the pre-open-beta so I'm still a noob.

I haven't gotten any other quests than forest yet. Anyone know what is needed to play cave and city?

I called in sick at work today so I got to start at 4pm Japan time (9am German time). So I had no problem registering on ship2.

Still a bit confused about some stuff but that was to be expected. Hoping for an English patch to come soon.

I took my first steps during the pre-open-beta so I'm still a noob.

I haven't gotten any other quests than forest yet. Anyone know what is needed to play cave and city?

For Cave (Volcano?) I think you have to finish Free Forest (full run with Rockbears at the end) within a certain period of time. Might involve taking some client orders.

City, as far as I know, is only available during Emergency Mission events.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I've been trying to register for the last 30 minutes but I just keep getting 500 Internal Server Errors.

Is it too late to register? Or is it just down for some reason? Sigh :(

Well, looks like it's time for me to brush up on some game mechanics. I probably haven't touched half the stuff yet. I only went questin' and shootan'.

VariantX

I reinstalled the drivers for the logitech pad, finally got it to work, but now ive royally screwed up the controls because I was trying to get the second analog stick to control the camera. I cant seem to set them back to defaults because the option is still greyed out. So im stuck hunting for a guide to find out what the default configuration is.

Ainaurdur

I still won't get home from work for a couple hours. I just took a peek at the pso-world forums, had to back out slowly.

Much safer here.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
For Cave (Volcano?) I think you have to finish Free Forest (full run with Rockbears at the end) within a certain period of time. Might involve taking some client orders.

City, as far as I know, is only available during Emergency Mission events.
The time limit is 15 minutes and it's the client order from the silver-haired girl that gives you CO for the Mag.

Edit:
According to their latest tweet, creation of new characters on Ships 1-5 will be possible, but not tonight (it's 3AM here in Japan).
Tomorrow, maybe?

Forget PSU even was made.

You can't forget PSU was made because Universe and the Portable games embody the progression of combat mechanics. PSO2's system is essentially just a tweaked version of Portable 2 Infinity's combat, minus a lot of weapon types (which I hope get added back over time).
There were growing pains that turned a number of PSO fans off, however I feel PSU's overall change in tone and presentation from PSO (to be more akin to classic Phantasy Star with hyper-anime stylings, rather than PSO's focus on high-tech fantasy) was more to blame than combat.

Blueblur1

I still won't get home from work for a couple hours. I just took a peek at the pso-world forums, had to back out slowly.

Much safer here.
It's not that it isn't safe there. It's just packed with weird dudes that like to role play and talk about how beautiful their characters are.

Khalil

Neo Member
Just completed the updates every time I try to play the game client just close with no error codes.
Using windows 8 consumer preview BTW.

stuck here
w1r2Q.png

Ok I've tried every trick in the book and I still can't get this client to download without error 12152. I've turned off my fire wall, I've marked the downloader as an exception in my antivirus software, I've turned off my antivirus software, I've changed the file location, and still no dice. I don't get this thing, I can only surmise that it has something to do with my wireless internet timing out because there's nothing else stopping it. I'm not going to download this if I have to be shackled to my computer, removing the error message and resuming the download every 60 seconds. This is torture.

Ok I've tried every trick in the book and I still can't get this client to download without error 12152. I've turned off my fire wall, I've marked the downloader as an exception in my antivirus software, I've turned off my antivirus software, I've changed the file location, and still no dice. I don't get this thing, I can only surmise that it has something to do with my wireless internet timing out because there's nothing else stopping it. I'm not going to download this if I have to be shackled to my computer, removing the error message and resuming the download every 60 seconds. This is torture.

The update servers themselves are also being hammered pretty hard, so it might not be a problem on your end.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Trying to login but I get this message. I assume it means my login is bad? I swear I registered this weeks ago with this username/pw. I guess I have to register again?

OPOw7.jpg

The update servers themselves are also being hammered pretty hard, so it might not be a problem on your end.
I'd like to think it was something on my end so I could resolve it and download this thing but I just tried it through a cable and it still gave me the error so I'm inclined to agree with you. I experienced the same problems during the pre-open beta when things were a little quieter so I don't know when this issue will be resolved.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Yeah.
Authentication failed. Please check your SEGA ID and password and try again.

Is there a place I can do forget my password reset? I have a feeling my registration didn't go through maybe, but I did get a couple emails when I regg'd months ago or so

Is there a place I can do forget my password reset? I have a feeling my registration didn't go through maybe, but I did get a couple emails when I regg'd months ago or so

https://cha.isao.net/profile_oem/OE...l=/profile_oem/OEMLogin.php?product_name=sega

Use the SEGA ID, then select and complete one of the following:
-Full registered first and last name
-Date of Birth
-Entered security question and answer
Then enter the registered email address in the last field.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
https://cha.isao.net/profile_oem/OE...l=/profile_oem/OEMLogin.php?product_name=sega

Use the SEGA ID, then select and complete one of the following:
-Full registered first and last name
-Date of Birth
-Entered security question and answer
Then enter the registered email address in the last field.

Crap, gives me this message

"IDが登録されている情報と異なります。"

I guess I should just make a new account

Crap, gives me this message

"IDが登録されている情報と異なります。"

I guess I should just make a new account

Entered ID information does not match information on record.

Yeah, probably best suited just starting from scratch.

Top Bottom