• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phantasy Star Online 2 Beta and Information Thread [Open Beta Live Now]

Mistle

So it spent hours updating (the long blue bars) then this happened

fWnN9.png

help? :/

ezodagrom

PSOW is recommending Ship 10 as a temporary ship for those locked out.
In my opinion though, it's better to either wait for ship 2 to be unlocked or play in another ship (like ship 10) temporarily, then delete that character and create a new one in Ship 2 once it's unlocked.

In the closed beta, during this time of the day the game was unplayable due to the lag, but later during the day, when the japanese players went to sleep, the population would take a drastic drop and the game would become alot less laggy. Most likely the japanese population should start to quiet down in a couple of hours or so.

Character creation has been locked in ship 1, 2 and 3.
First day rush, it's normal that it got to this. It should quiet down later during the day, I bet the character creation will be unlocked once the japanese players start going to sleep (possibly in a few hours?).

Yeah, I couldn't get in. Couldn't really stay up until 3am on a day I had work just to make my character. Hoping Ship 2 character creation gets unlocked at some point - everyone I know is on Ship 2 so no point going for another.

Definitely not happy right now.

Mistle

When I enter my SEGA ID it comes up with seemingly an error, 603?

EDIT: PSOW seems to think it's wrong password but i don't think it is... when I try other password option it doesn't even start loading, just straight up denies

EDIT 2: ....PSOW was right

Lag is pretty bad, I'm just gonna take a break (sleep) for a while and hopefully it dies down. Nothing worse than teleporting enemies and damages that don't register.

Yeah, I couldn't get in. Couldn't really stay up until 3am on a day I had work just to make my character. Hoping Ship 2 character creation gets unlocked at some point - everyone I know is on Ship 2 so no point going for another.

Definitely not happy right now.

You can make your character in another Ship, or even Character Creator demo, and then import it later to Ship 2.

Unlike PSO 1, you will lose your level and items, AFAIK. Just appereance.

I just tried Ship 6 and cleared the tutorial, but will wait to ship 2 to go further.

BTW, I hope they will release new costumes and combinations. And not too expensive or even achievable ingame.

You can make your character in another Ship, or even Character Creator demo, and then import it later to Ship 2.

Unlike PSO 1, you will lose your level and items, AFAIK. Just appereance.

I just tried Ship 6 and cleared the tutorial, but will wait to ship 2 to go further.

BTW, I hope they will release new costumes and combinations. And not too expensive or even achievable ingame.

I have my character's appearance saved in the offline character creator, so not much point to doing this. Don't really feel a need to rush and do the tutorial I've already done twice over just to have to do it yet again later.

Looks like character creation has been unlocked:
http://twitter.com/sega_pso2/status/215798518374338560

Hopefully it's still unlocked when I get off work...

Actually debating going back home for lunch to get this over and done with. I'll probably check this thread to see if people are having problems creating characters again before I do that.

Raide

Any ETA on the English Patch? My Japanese is pretty random, so I can only get a few bits. Still loving the game and it makes me think of PSO and not PSU. :D

Jubern

The blue bars won't advance at all, it it normal?

I installed the game the other day, let it update the launcher and everything then changed the settings and tried to launch. Update interface with blue bars comes back, with the progress one (first one) at ~10% appears and the download/install ones at 0%

It won't move, like at all. I tried to uninstall/reinstall like right now, but it does the same thing.

Do I just have to wait hours for... something to happen?

Raide

The blue bars won't advance at all, it it normal?

I installed the game the other day, let it update the launcher and everything then changed the settings and tried to launch. Update interface with blue bars comes back, with the progress one (first one) at ~10% appears and the download/install ones at 0%

It won't move, like at all. I tried to uninstall/reinstall like right now, but it does the same thing.

Do I just have to wait hours for... something to happen?

During the patching? Yeah, it can takes ages and ages.

jtrov

Only played for about 3 hours before the lag got pretty bad, but damn does this feel like a proper sequel / expansion on the PSO formula. Wasn't so sure about more heavily mission structure, but I'm really enjoying it.

First thing I did was join some rooms, none were English speaking, but it was fun co-oping through a handful of missions. Just having a ton of fun so far and I can't wait to log back in later. Made my character a Hunter, but I'm thinking about deleting him and making a Force instead.

Anyway, my character is on Ship 02: jtrov

ezodagrom

About the lag, SEGA mentioned in their PSO2 twitter that it seems to be occuring in the first 5 ships, and they're going to investigate to see what may be causing it.

ezodagrom

Probably from all the people. I am on Ship 9 and it's running smooth.
Seeing as the pre-open beta also had a considerable amount of simultaneous connections and there was close to no lag, something else could be causing problems in these ships (of course the amount of players logged in and those that are always trying to login or create characters may be contributing to the lag).

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Seeing as the pre-open beta also had a considerable amount of simultaneous connections and there was close to no lag, something else could be causing problems in these ships (of course the amount of players logged in and those that are always trying to login or create characters may be contributing to the lag).
Still, the maximum number of players was 40k and it's around 60+ now, that's quite a difference.

In other news:
Team "NeoGAF" has been created on Ship 2. PM the leader -> Twentytwo or me, ハセモ (sorry for making it hard) if you want in. :)

Mistle

I think I have to break tradition of having a male as my main... The character creation options are so bad IMO.
They seemed to put a lot more effort into females, so I might try and recreate my RAmarl, but this time as my main.

Khalil

Neo Member
^
Sadly didn't take screen shot but I think its the same as this

fWnN9.png

ill try again tonight if there error ill post it.

Cmagus

gdi guess I'm not playing this round.

Can probably just keep trying.It is very odd not being with the other english players especially when a bunch of jp players pop in when your running a mission lol. When you select a mission from the counter and it brings up the second option box is there a way to keep the mission closed to just myself for now.

Mr. Hyde

I am going through the tutorial with the blonde elf looking girl and I am stuck at a red electric gate that won't let me pass. It keeps showing a chat bubble of her popping up while she runs. I am not sure what I have to do to get past it. Does anyone know?

Cmagus

So I am looking at this and I cannot read it obviously would any of these options possibly for passwording a mission?

option.jpg

I am going through the tutorial with the blonde elf looking girl and I am stuck at a red electric gate that won't let me pass. It keeps showing a chat bubble of her popping up while she runs. I am not sure what I have to do to get past it. Does anyone know?

Afin's not a girl.

It's probably asking you to do a specific action before letting you proceed. Could be jumping, attacking, dashing, etc. The picture should illustrate what the game wants you to do.

Mr. Hyde

Afin's not a girl.

It's probably asking you to do a specific action before letting you proceed. Could be jumping, attacking, dashing, etc. The picture should illustrate what the game wants you to do.

Well, he told me to dash and I did that but I haven't seen him tell me anything else to go along with it. Hmm..

Mastamind

Well, he told me to dash and I did that but I haven't seen him tell me anything else to go along with it. Hmm..

Same thing happened to me, it should be the dash one. You cant do it near the gate, it didn't recognize it there. I had to back up a bit to the big area and do it there. I did it right after one of the times i got the popup.

ok guys as a PSO purist who loved everything PSO and balked at everything PSU, before i start the big ass download...

is it a good transition or is it PSU lite?

Top Bottom