• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phantasy Star Online 2 Import |OT2| Item Names in English!

I used Cirnopedia for added reference. Red Xs means its a weapon you can't use because of your not the right class. Grey Xs are weapons that you can't yet equip because you dont meet the requirements (-atk, Dex,-def for example)

Most helpful - thank you!

If anyone wants to play tonight (10ish EDT) with a level 3 that can't read anything and has little idea what they're doing, let me know. :)

Scirrocco

And to the OP: go tell pso2.jp to grow a spine and arrange for some actually working hosting/routing for their game network. Knowing the Japanese, they're only going to wake up from their communal sleep of "what me? I'm not responsible!" if you scream into their face at the top of your lungs (or upper-case letters) what a bunch of incompetent idiots they are. Good luck.

Point me in a direction, and I shall yell!

Pingzapper finally got me in last night for my first PSO2 session in three weeks.
Felt so good.
Oh so good.

I'm not sure I'm willing to go all the way off the deep end with that Amazon Web Service tunnel solution someone put out there, so hopefully this continues to work.

Varion

Pingzapper finally got me in last night for my first PSO2 session in three weeks.
Felt so good.
Oh so good.

I'm not sure I'm willing to go all the way off the deep end with that Amazon Web Service tunnel solution someone put out there, so hopefully this continues to work.
It's really not that hard if you have to use it, at least. Been using it for a few days when I play and it's working fine, although I have to leave ProxyCap on when I'm playing or it drops if I try to switch blocks/go to my room. I did have one burst of lag during an EQ the other day, but other than that it's generally been fine, and the lag might well have been on the server end anyway. Not like the server is up to full capacity yet anyway, considering they're still splitting some EQs into 'ships 1-5' and 'ships 6-10' and seem to be avoiding putting any decent announced ones on during peak hours.

You realize that everybody using PingZapper or a similar VPN will appear to be connecting from the exact same IP address in Sega's eyes, right? Not exactly the best idea if you value your account.

Argh the patches are frustrating. I'm on an 8GB Vita card with the physical copy. I had about 1.2GB left and there was a 1.4GB patch.

I deleted the game content from my card and redownloaded all patches and it ended up around 6GB. Not sure how or why but I'm just glad it fits.

I'm so out of the loop, I didn't know this was coming

LmJofrP.png

Varion

Tower Defense Despair sounds aptly named from the sounds of it. Can't wait to try it out... someday

Yeah the new EQ is... crazy. Went to one yesterday and we failed on rounds 5 and 6 respectively (there are 8). Friend managed to do it "but S rank isn't happening".

Playing with the mechs is fun as hell though.

trejo

So... is it just me or is that new TD EQ hard as balls. So far none of the parties I've been with have been able to beat it even once. Heck, we've only once managed to get as far as wave 8 before getting utterly obliterated. It's like WTF.

Those Gundams knockoffs are pretty damn sweet though.

I'm glad the connection issues seem to get better for people, I'm still met with Error 107 everytime I try but I hope it will eventually resolve itself :/

On the towers - they seem to spawn from infections left on spawn pads. These infections are placed by the floating sorcerers, who will throw projectiles that infect them; if they're nearby, kill them first, then stand on the pad and clear them (you can do this up to five times assuming 4000 points are collected).

It's certainly not impossible to clear; I just did my first two runs today and got S and A rank runs. I didn't really do much to contribute (heck, I spent most of wave 8 stuck behind a wall because I was in a corner grabbing crystals when it went up), so I guess most of the JP players are getting the hang of it now.

Oh I'm well aware of the gimmick of the Darker Towers, I just felt completely overwhelmed by the rate it was happening. I think the second run would have went better had 3 players not disconnected from the session.

Varion

I'm glad the connection issues seem to get better for people, I'm still met with Error 107 everytime I try but I hope it will eventually resolve itself :/
Are they? I haven't been following it as much since I started using the Amazon workaround, but whenever I forget to switch it on it's still 107s for all. Can only hope one day I'll be able to connect again without because it's really not ideal (seem to get lower frame rates using it too).

Finally beat the new EQ a couple of times earlier too (only with B ranks though). It's hard, but it's the most fun I've had with the game in a long time. Playing with the AISes is so good.

I never thought the day would come when I'd miss B20, but it has. The English community still seems to be absolutely decimated, I'm not sure why everyone still hasn't used one of the multiple safe workarounds but ship 2 is still pretty much dead all the time. Can't even do Tacos any more because it's impossible to try and get 4 people together.

I never thought the day would come when I'd miss B20, but it has. The English community still seems to be absolutely decimated, I'm not sure why everyone still hasn't used one of the multiple safe workarounds but ship 2 is still pretty much dead all the time. Can't even do Tacos any more because it's impossible to try and get 4 people together.
I'm still around. Just haven't gotten on after finding out I could cause my friends still can't normally. I should come back to atleast see what's going on.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
So is there a faster way to fresh download this? It takes literally all day to download and patch...I had to reinstall Windows and figured I might give it a try again.

So is there a faster way to fresh download this? It takes literally all day to download and patch...I had to reinstall Windows and figured I might give it a try again.

If you have your data files from a previous installation you can just dump them all into your new installation directory. From there, the patcher should figure out you have the newest files already and won't attempt to download them again.

Have people found a way around the IP block for the SEA version? Seems like a native english client might be nice to use. They need to bring this to the west already.

Myself and another gaffer are rolling on the SEA servers tomorrow since he has that annoying connection issue with the Japanese servers. Anyone else on the SEA servers? Really looking forward to playing a PSO game again. All this Destiny comparison talk has been really making me itch to play one.

Even if it's somehow easier to connect to SEA rather than JP, I can't recommend it knowing how many ways the game was changed for the worse there.

What i saw a little bit ago was that it was mostly terminology changes, is this not the case?

There were also changes to item ownership (more things bind to owner than in JP) and bonuses (mostly changed for the worse):

They changed some pretty vital stuff around in the SEA version though. For example, the dragonkin destroyer latent (and probably the rest of them too but I haven't confirmed) was changed so that instead of being a percentage boost to damage it becomes a percentage CHANCE to do +60 (at lvl.1 latent) damage. Not +60% damage, literally 60 more damage. And its only a chance!

Also costumes bind on equip so the market is probably super cut throat and stuff.

The item names don't seem to be translating for me despite launching from the tweaker app. Anyone have this issue or know how to fix it? Google's not giving any help.

Edit: Woops, double post.

daydream

Banned
So, Tharp and I played our first session (until maintenance dropped). Don't think I've ever been so confused in my life. Had fun, though.

If I'm around you can poke me if you have questions; Tharp already managed to send me a friend request so you guys can't be -that- lost though.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
So I finally got the game installed and am running Tweaker updates...

But I'm getting Error 107 when I try and launch. Am I SOL?

ShinMaruku

Ah them pso2 changes. My force is looking to be even hawter. Bring me home Sega!
And I am glad that fraud Sakai ain't director anymore.

Top Bottom