• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phantasy Star Online 2 Import |OT2| Item Names in English!

daydream

Banned
I'm at the point now where I understand the majority of the systems, I think.

I don't think it has ever taken me so long to get a game up and running, though. TharpDaddy knows what I'm talking about, haha. It was definitely worth it, game is a lot of fun.

also, Braver 4 lyfe

ShinMaruku

He's a fraud. His team could do much better, they could get decent play testing, they could have thought out their systems better. It's a shame the game has a great base but it's management is so subpar that it is almost better if the base was as shit as it's management so it could collapse.

redhairedking

I played this a little bit about a year or so ago and am looking to get back into it. Is there any sort of IP ban on the JP servers? How fair is the game for players who are just now starting out and haven't been with the game since the beginning?

Liking a lot of those EP3 patch notes; some of the stuff we've been asking for forever.

I played this a little bit about a year or so ago and am looking to get back into it. Is there any sort of IP ban on the JP servers? How fair is the game for players who are just now starting out and haven't been with the game since the beginning?
There's some fuckery going on with PSO2's ISP that effectively acts like an IP ban. Nobody knows when or even if it'll end, but in the meantime there have been workarounds.

Sega keeps making it easier and easier for new players to catch up so no problems there.

daydream

Banned

I just started out a few days ago, having a great time. Not sure what you mean by fair, though. You mean in terms of finding a party?

As has been mentioned on and off, there was a long period where the game was down due to a massive DDoS. Connectivity to the game from outside Japan has been very spotty since, and there is a large percentage of players who still can't connect to the servers at this moment.

redhairedking

By fair I was just curious as to how difficult it will be to get caught up with more veteran players and if I would still be able to enjoy the game. Thanks for the heads up about the connectivity stuff, I'll give it a try soon.

daydream

Banned
By fair I was just curious as to how difficult it will be to get caught up with more veteran players and if I would still be able to enjoy the game. Thanks for the heads up about the connectivity stuff, I'll give it a try soon.

Oh, well, I don't think we can catch up to players that have put thousands of hours into it, haha. Also, you can't jump into timed events like emergency quests or whatever from the get go (as they have mid-high level requirements), obviously. But yeah, you can still enjoy the game just by doing quests and client orders. TharpDaddy and I roll together so if you want some GAFfers to play along with, let me know. We both just started out.

ShinMaruku

If you have a exp booster and do the EQ as they come you should level quite quickly.

redhairedking

Easy way to tell is if your browser can load http://pso2.jp - generally, if you can load the website, you're fine.

No dice on the website, hope the problem (or whatever it is) gets fixed soon, I assume this also affects the vita version?

Oh, well, I don't think we can catch up to players that have put thousands of hours into it, haha. Also, you can't jump into timed events like emergency quests or whatever from the get go (as they have mid-high level requirements), obviously. But yeah, you can still enjoy the game just by doing quests and client orders. TharpDaddy and I roll together so if you want some GAFfers to play along with, let me know. We both just started out.

Thanks! If I can get past the IP problem I'll definitely play with you guys

No dice on the website, hope the problem (or whatever it is) gets fixed soon, I assume this also affects the vita version?

Yep. I ordered the Vita version a day or two before the DDOS stuff started and when I received it I was kinda screwed. I set up an AWS VPN but between the language barrier and network issues my motivation to really get into it has been low. Maybe playing with some people would help. :)

redhairedking

Yep. I ordered the Vita version a day or two before the DDOS stuff started and when I received it I was kinda screwed. I set up an AWS VPN but between the language barrier and network issues my motivation to really get into it has been low. Maybe playing with some people would help. :)

I'm hoping the issues get resolved since the AWS VPN is only free for a year.

DeVeAn

This is probably the only MMO that uses a gamepad and it fits naturally. Was playing Vindictus and the gamepad works but still find myself going for the mouse...Please come to the US!

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I guess I'm back. I'm trying to catch up with my HU and FI levels before EP3 hits and clear all the EP2 story. Shouldn't be a problem, but I feel really stupid for coming back right before the end of the +150% EXP/Meseta/Drop campaign. :(
This is probably the only MMO that uses a gamepad and it fits naturally. Was playing Vindictus and the gamepad works but still find myself going for the mouse...Please come to the US!
FFXI felt amazing on the gamepad as well.

Cmagus

I'm thinking of renewing my subscription again but I've been seeing alot of error issues is this something that is a problem with the JP version of the game? I just want to make sure before i purchase anything.

I'm thinking of renewing my subscription again but I've been seeing alot of error issues is this something that is a problem with the JP version of the game? I just want to make sure before i purchase anything.

Aside from the 107 error people have been having issues here and there with extreme lag. Personally I'm using the AWS method to connect and it plays relatively smooth for me, however there was one set of TACOs where I could barely move and everything was teleporting all over the place. Considering I have no trouble doing EMGs with random JP and the odd few English players though I have to assume it was due to one of the players using a really crummy VPN.

Wanted to get back involved but saw no further news on a NA version and this IP ban fuckery

uninstalling it. Screw it.

back to warframe.

redhairedking

Wanted to get back involved but saw no further news on a NA version and this IP ban fuckery

uninstalling it. Screw it.

back to warframe.

I'm checking the site daily since I don't want to put up with a VPN and have had zero luck. A friend living in South America can connect just fine though, lucky him.

VariantX

Gonna give this game a go again. Probably have a massive update patch to go through first though. Haven't played it in almost a year and a half. The last time I played it was around the time they added the bravers and dumans a while back. Anywhere I can find a changelist for all the stuff thats been added since?

daydream

Banned
FWIW I'm having a great time despite VPN. Obviously it'll be slower than your regular connection, but personally speaking, it doesn't get in the way of my enjoyment. And it was super easy to set up. Only lag is due to me being on a laptop, I'm pretty sure.

redhairedking

FWIW I'm having a great time despite VPN. Obviously it'll be slower than your regular connection, but personally speaking, it doesn't get in the way of my enjoyment. And it was super easy to set up. Only lag is due to me being on a laptop, I'm pretty sure.

Yeah, but after a year you have to pay for the Amazon vpn which I'd rather not do. Unfortunately, the Amazon solution is the best one it seems.

Gonna give this game a go again. Probably have a massive update patch to go through first though. Haven't played it in almost a year and a half. The last time I played it was around the time they added the bravers and dumans a while back. Anywhere I can find a changelist for all the stuff thats been added since?
Off the top of my head, asides from the usual additional maps/quests/matter boards/loot the most significant changes are
1. Frequently running event quests, like almost constantly running compared to EP1
2. Super Hard difficulty
3. Support partners, which are mini-mes that can run quests for you and do other various things
4. Crafting, which let you extend equips and technics with additional properties
5. Another Dark Falz urgent quest
6. Tower Defense quests, a series of urgents where an MPA protects towers from increasingly dangerous waves of Darkers

VariantX

Off the top of my head, asides from the usual additional maps/quests/matter boards/loot the most significant changes are
1. Frequently running event quests, like almost constantly running compared to EP1
2. Super Hard difficulty
3. Support partners, which are mini-mes that can run quests for you and do other various things
4. Crafting, which let you extend equips and technics with additional properties
5. Another Dark Falz urgent quest
6. Tower Defense quests, a series of urgents where an MPA protects towers from increasingly dangerous waves of Darkers

Hell yes to the bolded. Ever since I played games like star ocean 2 and rogue galaxy, I fell in love with the idea of being able to build stuff. I might lose dozens of hours on this alone if its extensive enough.

Sykotik

Damn. I came to try this out again and now I'm
back
boned.

What's this amazon vpn solution? Edit: Never-mind, found it.

Sykotik

Is the NeoGAF clan still active? I'd like to join, if so.

I'm only a level 23 or so Ranger. I've completely forgot where I was going and what I was doing. Man, I feel like such a noob trying to navigate the systems. I don't know how to add friends, or whisper people that aren't next to you.

I need help. lol

I'm kinda getting the feeling that infected dropships are silent run enders. Nobody ever seems to go after them (plus they always seem to be just out of reach of my AIS most of the time) and when you get sniped by one in the middle of a heated moment things can go south quickly. Anybody know how to deal with them?

Error 107.

Tweaker won't launch the game.

And I can't register on PSO-world because a MEGAIDIOT banned my IP for no reason.

There was a really good post someone linked in another PSO2 thread the other day with indepth technical details on what is happening. Have a read through here.

But yeah, safe to say unless you use PSO2Proxy, Amazon Web Services, VPN or possibly Pingzapper (dunno if that still works) you aren't playing PSO2 currently.

There was a really good post someone linked in another PSO2 thread the other day with indepth technical details on what is happening. Have a read through here.

But yeah, safe to say unless you use PSO2Proxy, Amazon Web Services, VPN or possibly Pingzapper (dunno if that still works) you aren't playing PSO2 currently.

Verizon FiOS/DSL users can get in with no proxy.

Sykotik

How is the Neogaf team doing? I'd like to join but the leader hasn't been on when I am, and I don't know if there's another way to get in.

Top Bottom