• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phil says January is time to talk about games for Windows

Ushay

I hope ms implements crossbuy

Would make sense for certain games I guess. But they should stick to certain games being console or PC exclusive so each respective platform retains it value. I can only see something like this working if they implement a rock solid app store section for full games (not the shitty tablet ones..) and do every other aspect in a user friendly and hassle free way ie DRM, Achievements etc

JaggedSac

Would make sense for certain games I guess. But they should stick to certain games being console or PC exclusive so each respective platform retains it value. I can only see something like this working if they implement a rock solid app store section for full games (not the shitty tablet ones..) and do every other aspect in a user friendly and hassle free way ie DRM, Achievements etc

Desktop software will be purchaseable from the store this go round. Games are a subset of that.

Crimson Skies reboot!

Anyone?

>_>

I'll take it.

Man, I would flip over backwards if we got MCC on PC... I just recently repurchased a 360 though, and after years away, I'm feeling pretty at home with the Halo games. If they manage to fix MCC on One and 5 is as amazing as the originals, I would be inclined to jump up.

Figments

I'll take it.

Man, I would flip over backwards if we got MCC on PC... I just recently repurchased a 360 though, and after years away, I'm feeling pretty at home with the Halo games. If they manage to fix MCC on One and 5 is as amazing as the originals, I would be inclined to jump up.

It's "Jump Ahead (TM)".

GET IT RIGHT, GAWD.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Maybe I'm too hopeful, but I get the feeling an Age 4 announcement isn't far off, and given that AoK is still relatively popular (5000+ players on Steam right now, not counting other established communities still playing TC), I bet it goes back to the Middle Ages.

Age of Mythology: Extended Edition following Age 2 HD more or less confirms that too many source assets for Age of Empires/The Rise of Rome have been lost to time for a remaster to happen, so my guess would be that a new mainline AoE would be greenlit for the purpose of filling that gap, which I'd be all for.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
Age of Mythology: Extended Edition following Age 2 HD more or less confirms that too many source assets for Age of Empires/The Rise of Rome have been lost to time for a remaster to happen, so my guess would be that a new mainline AoE would be greenlit for the purpose of filling that gap, which I'd be all for.

I hope that's what they do, but they recently handled ancient/classical stuff with AoEO. The Medieval era feels the furthest off and as far as I can tell is most popular with Age fans.

Whatever they do, I hope it doesn't involve more gunpowder weapons than Age 3 had. It just doesn't feel right for these kinds of games. Leave that up to Total War and CoH.

do it right, put your shit on STEAM. watch them put their shit on origin, cuz they in bed with EA.

^

1. MS titles on steam.
2. Give us updated or recent Xbox One releases.
3. Give us some wireless Xbox One support.
4. Implement cross-buy and/or cross-platform play.

Do it MS!

Man, I wish Microsoft gave me the ability to stream Xbox One gaming to Windows or their tablets. I really miss this function. Wii U and PS4 have had this from day one.

You guys think this will ever happen on Xbox?

I think on some level they're thinking about something like that, which is probably why they initially wanted to push for all your Xbox One game purchases to be associated with your Xbox Live account. That, or cross-play/cross-buy fits into that mindset as well.

I would personally actually want a Steam App for the Xbox One that supports the in-home streaming stuff.

"Xbox, go to Steam" *kicks back and plays PC games on my Xbox One*

Acinixys

Unless Win 10 lets me play XBOX 360 and 1 games on my PC i give literally 0 fucks

I had Win XP for 6 years and im sure I will have Win 7 for 6 years because MS pumps out more shit than a cattle farm

Havoc2049

-New Age of Empires
-New Microsoft Flight Simulator
-New Links Golf with XB1 and PC cross-play
-A large portion of their back catalog on Steam (FASA games, AOE, Close Combat, Starlancer, Freelancer, Links Golf, etc.)
-New Battletech MMORPG with XB1 and PC cross-play

One can dream....

FrsDvl

Remote play? Xbox One to pc, and windows phones? Since everything is going to be running off of Windows 10 it shouldn't be too hard to do?

Noobcraft

-New Age of Empires
-A large portion of their back catalog on Steam (FASA games, AOE, Close Combat, Starlancer, Freelancer, Links Golf, etc.)

One can dream....
Oh please this! Also crossplay with XB1 (plssss). I would trade Forza for a console MS flight simulator!

Facism

-New Age of Empires

One can dream....

This would be a majestic outcome if it came to pass.

Bry0

-New Age of Empires

One can dream....

RIP FASA
:(

If they want to win back PC players, they would announce:

They are working with Valve and are backing steam fully on Windows 10.

Announce a new Age of Empires, under a new studio made up of old Ensemble Studios staff.

Satya and Phil will both set a picture of Steve Ballmer and Don Matrick on fire, then they would both do a ritualistic dance around the fire. They will then chant "PC, XBOX, PC, XBOX, PC, XBOX" etc. while dancing.

From the flames, Bill Gates will rise. Bill looks upon Phil and Satya, he gives them a thumbs up. He then disperses into smoke, a beautiful smoke made up of all the colors of the Windows logo.

Announce the XBLA versions of Banjo-Kazooie and Tooie for the PC and I'll be content. Announce a new proper Banjo for the Xbox and PC and I'll be ecstatic.

Best realistic outcome is some small games being released on the Windows Store. Anything other than "here's DirectX 12" is doomed to failure anyway.

I don't know why they haven't unified the platforms yet. Isn't it what they set out to do from the beginning?

I guess the big hurdle is locking pc gamers into a gold subscription.

Seanspeed

Banned
Hey Microsoft, everybody else is talking about games on Windows every day. Not sure why anyone should give a fuck at this point.
Because they run the OS that most of us play our PC games on? Because they have the power to drastically improve our experience?

I'm certainly interested in what they're up to.

Crzy1

The PC is most likely getting KI as a W10 exclusive. MS will then break their arm patting themselves on the back for their massive support of the PC platform.

I can see this being about it. Perhaps Sunset Overdrive as well, but I don't expect Halo MCC to make it's way over to the PC. They demo'd Forza 5 on DX12, so it might make it's way over as well, but I'd say it's a long shot given that the franchise has never left the Xbox, at least with SO and KI, they're both new to Xbox.

Because they run the OS that most of us play our PC games on? Because they have the power to drastically improve our experience?

I'm certainly interested in what they're up to.

They have the power, but they lack the desire. There's always a chance they'll do something worthwhile, but I'm out of goodwill. Whatever they do will most likely be another attempt at extending the Xbox ecosystem into Windows, and will suck as badly as every other time.

SScorpio

Oh please this! Also crossplay with XB1 (plssss). I would trade Forza for a console MS flight simulator!

Not going to happen. Dovetail Games has licensed the license from Microsoft. They currently make Train Simulator which is the game that's updated yearly and has over $4,000 of DLC, and a fishing game.

They are working on a new Flight Simulator, and next week they will be releasing Flight Simulator X on Steam.

It's extremely unlikely they would have a console release, besides how would you control the game with a game pad?

Seanspeed

Banned
They have the power, but they lack the desire. There's always a chance they'll do something worthwhile, but I'm out of goodwill. Whatever they do will most likely be another attempt at extending the Xbox ecosystem into Windows, and will suck as badly as every other time.
Maybe.

I'm still interested in what they're up to, though.

If they are going to bring a big xbox game over to PC as a showcase title I dont think it will be Sunset.

It would be something more well known and something online that leveraged the Microsoft Cloud.

I would bring Forza.

KI will probably happen since they are clearly not hiding that one. Maybe they will add cross play with that one ;)

That or maybe they get buddy buddy with Valve. Fuck it, lets talk crazy. Maybe the reason Steam OS is dead in the water is because MS and Valve are teaming up for the gaming stuff in Windows 10. Its probably the only thing MS could offer Valve that would fix that rift.

Sure they make the OS that games run on. But if I had a legitimate option to use another OS I wouldn't hesitate to switch. As much as I love the ability to play games from any year on PC, if I could have the option of switching to another OS that would only support most of my current games and all future games I would be willing to part ways with part of my catalog.

I just cant believe the people in here who want MS involved in PC gaming again. We are finally, finally, getting rid of them and people want them back. It's like somebody finally found a cure for herpes and everybody is almost back to being disease free and now a bunch of people want to dive back in balls deep in the same skank that gave you herpes the first time.

Top Bottom