• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pikachu with Ash's Hat confirmed for distribution in Pokémon Sun & Moon this year

JoeM86

No thread about it yet.

To tie in with the anime's 20th anniversary in 3 weeks and the 20th movie in July, when you pre-book tickets for the movie, you will get a code that allows for you to get the Pikachu with Ash's hat. There are six variants

025-o.png

Original Cap can be obtained from April 15th to May 1st and then July 19th to July 31st.
025-h.png

Hoenn Cap from May 3rd through May 15th then again August 2nd through August 14th.
025-s.png

Sinnoh Cap from May 17th to May 29th with a repeat on August 16th through August 28th.
025-u.png

From May 31st through June 12th you can get the Unova Cap, repeated on August 30th through September 11th
025-k.png

From June 14th through June 26th you can get the Kalos Cap, repeated September 13th through 25th.
025-a.png

Finally, from June 28th to July 17th you can get the Alola Cap Pikachu, repeated from September 27th through October 9th.

Each one comes with the special Pikashunium Z Z-Crystal, which allows it to use the move 10,000,000 Volt Thunderbolt
tumblr_oi1bozCfX81qioqevo2_r1_500.gif

Your code can only get you one of the Pikachu, but you can redeem as many codes as you want.

Obviously this event won't be Japan only. It's a unique form with a unique Z-Crystal and Z-Move so it'll likely come later this year in the west to tie in with the movie

Obligatory
tumblr_mahp85tgvo1qauhek.png

MAtgS

So we got Ash's greninja in the demo after it was released, what'll be the canon explanation for a half dozen pikachus?

ash_ag

So we got Ash's greninja in the demo after it was released, what'll be the canon explanation for a half dozen pikachus?

It's rather simple. People assume that time in the Pokémon universe is a strict progression of cause to effect, but from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly time-y wimey stuff.

Chances are it will be transferrable. Ash-Greninja is.

People who have hacked have said it can be put on Bank too, unlike the Cosplay Pikachu

My god, is GameFreak learning and going to actually let us keep the special Pikachu family Pokemon they release now?

Hoo boy

I can tell I need to tune out if this year is going to be a nostalgia wank for the anime anniversary. I get that it was huge at the time and played a big role in the success of Pokémon, but it's also not good.

Let's focus on Alola (where the anime is watchable) and move forward pls.

JoeM86

I'm assuming we can't evolve them or the hat disappears.

Correct. It can't evolve or breed

Hoo boy

I can tell I need to tune out if this year is going to be a nostalgia wank for the anime anniversary. I get that it was huge at the time and played a big role in the success of Pokémon, but it's also not good.

Let's focus on Alola (where the anime is watchable) and move forward pls.

Lucky for you there's a distribution for just that :p

025-a.png

Finally, from June 28th to July 17th you can get the Alola Cap Pikachu, repeated from September 27th through October 9th.

WPS

I'm assuming we can't evolve them or the hat disappears.

That's the one thing I really like about Go's events - Raichu gets to piggyback off of pikachu events, while in the main games raichu only gets volt tackle from pikachu s bag of toys, and even then in Sun and Moon they won't tutor it to raichu.

JoeM86

We have further details

Original Cap Pikachu comes at Level 1 with the moves Thunderbolt, Quick Attack, Thunder and Agility
Hoenn Cap Pikachu comes at Level 6 with the moves Thunderbolt, Quick Attack, Thunder and Iron Tail
Sinnoh Cap Pikachu comes at Level 10 with the moves Thunderbolt, Quick Attack, Iron Tail and Volt Tackle
Unova Cap Pikachu comes at Level 14 with the moves Thunderbolt, Quick Attack, Iron Tail and Volt Tackle
Kalos Cap Pikachu comes at Level 17 with the moves Thunderbolt, Quick Attack, Iron Tail and Electro Ball
Alola Cap Pikachu comes at Level 20 with the moves Thunderbolt, Quick Attack, Iron Tail and Electro Ball

I held off on Sun and Moon purely because I was certain they'd be coming to Switch (or Pokémon Star) and would at least be announced already.

Every reminder that there's still no news is painful.

This reminds me of my desperate wait for a PS4 port of GTAV and TLOU. I was certain they were coming but grew more apprehensive the longer they made us wait. Both of those turned out to be real so I'm counting on Pokémon Star, but I guess we'll see.

¯_(ツ)_/¯

JoeM86

Announce a Switch port/remake already Nintendo! I want to play this now but only on the new hotness.

Don't expect that to happen. If one comes to Switch, it wouldn't be a port or a remake. It'd be an enhanced version like Platinum/Crystal/Emerald

Half the reason I bought the game was seeing this thing, but after all this time its only been shown as Japan only, or a movie only thing?

That and I wanted it to be at least more viable than standard pikachu but all it seems to have is varied move sets that you could get anyway :(
in other words, wtf is the point.

Smasher89

We have further details

Original Cap Pikachu comes at Level 1 with the moves Thunderbolt, Quick Attack, Thunder and Agility
Hoenn Cap Pikachu comes at Level 6 with the moves Thunderbolt, Quick Attack, Thunder and Iron Tail
Sinnoh Cap Pikachu comes at Level 10 with the moves Thunderbolt, Quick Attack, Iron Tail and Volt Tackle
Unova Cap Pikachu comes at Level 14 with the moves Thunderbolt, Quick Attack, Iron Tail and Volt Tackle
Kalos Cap Pikachu comes at Level 17 with the moves Thunderbolt, Quick Attack, Iron Tail and Electro Ball
Alola Cap Pikachu comes at Level 20 with the moves Thunderbolt, Quick Attack, Iron Tail and Electro Ball
Interesting, that means there is no Johto cap (maybe that wasn't changed in the anime?).

We have further details

This reflects the development of Ash's Pikachu's moveset in the anime, I guess? I don't know if the anime strictly follows the 4 moves only restriction.

Top Bottom