• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pillars of Eternity by Obsidian Entertainment (Kickstarter) [Up: Teaser]

injurai

Banned
1098.gif

So good but media blackout might be what I need about now.

Durante

I really like their "global illumination" approximation by simply sampling the final rendered scene around the characters. Very cheap, but does a good job in making everything fit together.

pe-ambient-off.jpg

pe-ambient-on.jpg

Also, don't miss the small segment at the end of the video (with what appears to be cloth simulation).

Deraldin

Unconfirmed Member
Having not quite kept up with this: Have they officially adopted the de-boobsified Cadegund, then? Looks a lot more appropriate now.

The current Cadegund art has been around almost since the beginning. The boobplate version was only around for maybe a week or two at the start.

cicero

I apologize if this has been asked and answered already, but has there been any solid official statements regarding the final set price for Pillars of Eternity on Steam/GOG? I just wish I would have been able to fund the kickstarter.

zkylon

zkylewd
it's impressive how technically competent obs looks in some of these updates

i mean previous to this you'd imagine they were just like 5 random dudes designing on a hacked version of d&d and then like fiddling with the drag and drop options in a poorly made third party editor :p

Durante

it's impressive how technically competent obs looks in some of these updates

i mean previous to this you'd imagine they were just like 5 random dudes designing on a hacked version of d&d and then like fiddling with the drag and drop options in a poorly made third party editor :p
I don't know about that, Dungeon Siege 3 was an entirely custom engine (Onyx) and it performed well on PC and 2 consoles.

zkylon

zkylewd
I don't know about that, Dungeon Siege 3 was an entirely custom engine (Onyx) and it performed well on PC and 2 consoles.
yea i mean it worked but it was nothing to be impressed about. like it looked ok and ran ok but this is pretty amazing looking stuff

like all the dynamic lighting on 2d backgrounds is pretty cray. like i know enough tech to know it's nothing unimaginable but i can't think of any other game that's done something like that at least to this degree of sophistication and with end results looking this good.

i'm guessing there's probably other games, tho, i just don't know em

Top Bottom