• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pillars of Eternity by Obsidian Entertainment (Kickstarter) [Up: Teaser]

injurai

Banned
now i really want a backer exclusive cat

image.php

Farks!

I guess it's a PR thing. No point for the gaming media to spend time and energy on doing articles if the dev/publishers just show all the material to the public themselves before they can get their articles up.

Sensuki

Neo Member
Yeah it's scheduled press only (only a few at a time so they can actually show them the game and give them a good demonstration etc).

There's an embargo on the articles until next week. The embargo date is currently Thursday 6AM PDT, but I have a feeling they may waive that a bit earlier in the week, because there's no longer a PE Update on that day anymore.

Sensuki

Neo Member
There's more insight on the main themes of the game and stuff and two developers that we didn't know were working on the game previously.

Yeah it's scheduled press only (only a few at a time so they can actually show them the game and give them a good demonstration etc).

There's an embargo on the articles until next week. The embargo date is currently Thursday 6AM PDT, but I have a feeling they may waive that a bit earlier in the week, because there's no longer a PE Update on that day anymore.

Excellent.

kmag

IMO I really doubt it will

It'll be out this year. Their last update was pretty positive and relatively detailed in regards to the current state, the programming is feature locked and the programmers have moved on bug fix and polish. The narrative team has finished the critical path and has moved on to side content. And the animators have completed A and B priority items and have moved on to polish. At this point, barring a showstopper bug, it's just a question of how refined their content pipeline.

Kimaka

PC World said:
When you walk off to collect berries, another member of your group accompanies you. She starts asking you about your past, about what you did before you fell in with the group. The answers you give—whether you were a soldier or a doctor—may play into the story later on, but more importantly they give you, the player, a better idea of the character you've created and his or her role in the world. Your answers are taken and inscribed into your character's biography for the rest of the game.
dKjxf0D.gif

Building your backstory in Kotor 2 was one of my favorite things. It was nice that for once that NPCs would ask you about your life instead of the questions always going in their direction. The PC had a life before becoming the world's saviour, chosen one, or whatever.

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
This game. I needs it.

Can't wait for the first GAFer to find my created in-game epic item from the Kickstarter "Dandy Hat of the Diseased Yak".

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
best item name btw

Hehe thanks! I asked them to make it boost charisma (or whatever equivalent stat the game has) by tons, but also requested that it have a small, non-harming humorous effect to it of their choosing. The dev replied that he could easily work with that, so I'm excited to see what they come up with!

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
dKjxf0D.gif

Building your backstory in Kotor 2 was one of my favorite things. It was nice that for once that NPCs would ask you about your life instead of the questions always going in their direction. The PC had a life before becoming the world's saviour, chosen one, or whatever.
Yea that was great. i loved how later in the game there would be callbacks to your choices very early in the game. My favorite was the lightsaber color when meeting Atris for the first time. i dont know if she always does it but you can learn that she still has your lightsaber after all those years then lights it up to insult you. When i saw a silver blade come out.. was a very small touch with a great impact. The first time i played the game
when i finally confronted Atris the first dialogue option i picked was "I've come for my lightsaber Atris" *begin combat*

Top Bottom