• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare Hits PS4, PS3 on 8/19, 1080p/60/splitscreen on PS4

Ughhh... that's a long time to wait. So, do we know if it will be digital-only?

Love to see a game supporting local co-op!

Local Co-Op on PS4!

I love that this trend is back on the rise!!!!! #Gamechanger

Now we just need to nix the microtransactions....

The_Monk

I might be interested in playing this but I need to do a bit more of research my good people.

Is there a levelling system?
Is it suited for a 8 year old to play (regarding difficulty and violence-free)?
Do the micro-transactions really get it in the way?

If someone can answer, thanks in advance. :)

Cornbread78

*Checks calendar*

XB1 version: "February 25th, 2014"
PS4 version: "August 19th, 2014"

Holy $hit, almost exactly 6 months to the date....

crazy how that works...

KORNdoggy

great news, and fits in quite nicely release wise. been too many games out this and next month. not sure about july though?

Raw64life

This game looked like doodoo to me and I never gave it a second thought, but people seem to be excited about it. But I was already planning on getting Diablo III that day.

Foshy

This nearly drove me to buy an XB1. Glad I held out.

I'll still get one around when Sunset Overdrive and Forza Horizon 2 are released, but I can probably find it cheaper then.

I might be interested in playing this but I need to do a bit more of research my good people.

Yeah there is a levelling system for each of the characters on both the Plant and Zombie side. Our 5 kids and myself play it with the youngest being 4 and he's fine playing it and there nothing violent about it.

The micro's don't get in the way at all and the card packs you earn give you plenty of customisation options.

1. You level up by completing challenges.
2. There's more skill involved than most people would think. Projectile drop, leading targets, etc..
3. Not at all

MEGATON! Does anybody know if its on dedis or P2P?

Dedicated servers for PvP and P2P for Garden Ops. At least thats the way its currently setup for the Xbox systems

wapplew

*Checks calendar*

XB1 version: "February 18, 2014"
PS$ version: "August 19th, 2014"

Holy $hit, almost exactly 6 months to the date....

crazy how that works...

Not money-hat yo, small team not enough resource, focus on one platform is better, etc etc.

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
Diablo 3 and Plants vs Zombies in the same day. There's so much grind and so little time.

Gowans

My favourite game so far this gen.

It's just great and my 4 year old loves watch me play and unlocking sticker packs.

I want Playstation franchise skin packs. Like the heroes pack Uncharted 2 had

DLC-Skin.png

ElNino

You can level up the character's powers/attacks by completing challenges while playing.

My 7 year old really likes it, and I have no issues playing it with him. The violence has not been anything that me or my wife think is not appropriate for him. The co-op mode is fun for us to play together, and it is the first online multiplayer game I have let him play.

I haven't played the game that much yet, but so far I've never bought a micro-transaction and I haven't felt the need to either. From what I've seen, the stuff bought in the sticker packs is mostly just cosmetic upgrades. The only "useful" stickers seem to be reinforcement packs that you can use as tower defense type stuff in game.

The_Monk

Yeah there is a levelling system for each of the characters on both the Plant and Zombie side. Our 5 kids and myself play it with the youngest being 4 and he's fine playing it and there nothing violent about it.

The micro's don't get in the way at all and the card packs you earn give you plenty of customisation options.

1. You level up by completing challenges.
2. There's more skill involved than most people would think. Projectile drop, leading targets, etc..
3. Not at all

Dedicated servers for PvP and P2P for Garden Ops. At least thats the way its currently setup for the Xbox systems

You can level up the character's powers/attacks by completing challenges while playing.

My 7 year old really likes it, and I have no issues playing it with him. The violence has not been anything that me or my wife think is not appropriate for him. The co-op mode is fun for us to play together, and it is the first online multiplayer game I have let him play.

I haven't played the game that much yet, but so far I've never bought a micro-transaction and I haven't felt the need to either. From what I've seen, the stuff bought in the sticker packs is mostly just cosmetic upgrades. The only "useful" stickers seem to be reinforcement packs that you can use as tower defense type stuff in game.

Thank you all for these great answers! :)

Cornbread78

Not money-hat yo, small team not enough resource, focus on one platform is better, etc etc.

Umm, OK, I'll take your word on that one...

PopCap Games:
PopCap Games is an American video game developer and publisher, based in Seattle, Washington, United States, and it is a subsidiary of Electronic Arts. It was founded in 2000 by John Vechey, Brian Fiete and Jason Kapalka, and, as of 2011, employs about 400 people

geordiemp

Great, my son bugged me into getting the 360 version. Its OK but struggles.

the only game that was exclusive to XB1 that I really wanted.

Ps4 definitive version confirmed LOL...

Tobor

Umm, OK, I'll take your word on that one...

PopCap Games:
PopCap Games is an American video game developer and publisher, based in Seattle, Washington, United States, and it is a subsidiary of Electronic Arts. It was founded in 2000 by John Vechey, Brian Fiete and Jason Kapalka, and, as of 2011, employs about 400 people

I'm sure he was joking about the usual excuses devs make.

It was obviously a 6 month moneyhat for this game.

I wonder how well this will do on PS4. Releasing during summer and not releasing just before Titanfall like it did on the Xbone will probably help it.

The micro-transactions are lame but it does look fun.

Split screen on PS4 means I'll be getting it. My daughter likes it on 360 and I'll be able to be playing it with her if it's split screen.

Top Bottom