• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Platinum Games developing an ‘interesting’ Switch game

TunaLover

As someone who actually really loved Star Fox Zero (my favorite in the series), this would be cool... except for the fact that the Switch doesn't have a GamePad.
Mmmh I guess motion controls wouldn't work in portable mode, although chaging to first person perspective would be assigned to a button, I actually always used the minus button to enter cockpit view in Zero.

Epcott

Damnit...
Now I'm hoping for a Metroid reboot by Platinum that plays like an easier to control Vanquish.

But after Team Ninja's handling of the franchise, I'm also a little weary of that.

Zakalwe

Banned
There is no word more uninteresting than the word interesting.

I think the word alludes to a shake-up of an existing IP or a new IP that we're not expecting, I don't think it's hollow at all.

For instance, the talk of Bayo with a new protag, or perhaps an previous IP slightly re-designed. I definitely don't think this will be just a regular sequel without any kind of new focus.

5700098-cyborg+raiden+feat+speed+%2820%29.gif

Imagine pulling this off with the joycons
I love that game, but no.

MoonFrog

My bets are on Star Fox Zero 2.

Idk. Star Fox Zero was something I was really looking for when it came out. If they did a sequel with a better arcade mode (more levels, better branching), I think it would be a very good game.

Beyond that, could the Switch even duplicate the notorious controls? That might be nipped in the bud.

But yeah...an action game would quite hit the spot at the moment (not that this would come at the moment :p).

_Clash_

what if there's a giant mech sidekick to the 101 in the 102 i.e the thuban mechanic

so we get the single player unite combat along with an AI that evolves to our playstyle that's a giant mech

no brainer

Somebody in the PlayStation conference thread posted about a /v/ rumor
LOL
saying that Platinum was working on a Sailor Moon game.

It's definitely not this, but I hope it's this.

jdstorm

Banned
Cant wait till Starfox Zero is VR capable via emulation. Having the gamepad controls tracked to your head movements should actually be intuitive and work really well.

Hermii

Hopefully it won't have any of Nintendo's interference this time.

How exactly did Nintendos interference make W101 or Bayonetta 2 worse?

Edit: Or do you mean Nintendos funding, so it will come to other platforms?

Edit: I forgot Star Fox Zero was platinum,

Disgusting, never take me back to the waggle Wii days.

Am I missing something here as not sure why everyone is commenting like this....

Why would a game like this use motion control or waggle on Switch?

It would use the grip or pro controller surely? And if you wanted you could play with a joy con in each hand using the standard button layout.

KHlover

Banned
Legend of Korra 2 and TMNT 2.
As long as they get a bigger budget for it...sure, I'll take it. Korra 1 was a good game, just ugly and waaay too short. Both things a bigger budget could fix.

EDIT: Could also use more boss fights. A total of 2 boss fights, one of which was on her Polar Bear Dog, was clearly not enough.

KooopaKid

Banned
Damnit...
Now I'm hoping for a Metroid reboot by Platinum that plays like an easier to control Vanquish.

But after Team Ninja's handling of the franchise, I'm also a little weary of that.

Platinum for controls and gameplay, From Software for art, backgrounds, level design and lore.

Hermii

We don't know exactly what word he used in Japanese, "interesting" may not have exactly the same implications as in the west. I don't think we can read anything at all into it, except they are working on a game for Switch.

Gambit

I am happy with whatever but I gotta say that Sailor Moon rumour really hit home for me.

I never knew I wanted a Sailor Moon game. Now it's one of my most hoped for announcements.

Especially if it's in addition to whatever interesting Switch title they plan.

Top Bottom