• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Platinum Games developing an ‘interesting’ Switch game

Akhe

1B3DmAK.jpg

I'd buy 10 copies with no regret.

MDave

Platinum working on a Megaman Legends game (in the style of Vanquish's gameplay) thanks to Capcom lending them the licence with Nintendo publishing it ...

Its a nice thought anyway :p

I'm guessing it'll be a new IP, but I'd also like a Bayonetta 3. I'd be very surprised if we got a Bayo 3 announcement anytime soon though; the way Inaba talked about it made it seem like it wasn't in actual development yet.

I'd be over the moon about Bayonetta 3 or W102, but in the absence of my number one dream request (a Bayonetta-like three-party deal for Platinum to bring Viewtiful Joe back and on Nintendo where he belongs), if we're in for a new IP I'd love to see the return of VJ-like side-scrolling character action. That's a design philosophy that I don't think was ever properly followed up by anyone, and we all know which studio is best placed to take it on. Much as I love Bayonetta and W101, there's a certain button-for-button precision on the 2D plane that 3D arenas fall short of replicating.

Seems like a lot of Japanese games are now being announced or rumored to be on the Switch now, like many predicted.

That said, I'm asking for Okami and Viewtiful Joe sequels!!!
I know those are impossible but I can dream!

"Interesting" sounds good but doesn't give us much to go on. Wonder when we will hear more details and if it's the project that has a new director. We never did hear more about that project, right?

ReitStuff

are you sure you're not thinking of the guy who leaked it, who just thought it might've been by platinum from looking at it?

Maybe. It was in the 4chan leak right before the January event that was 100% correct. It said that ARMS was being developed by Platinum.

Hopefully by "interesting" they mean it will branch heavily from their Bayonetta template and try something more radical. I love Platinum's character action games but I want to see them develop something more experimental again, like with TW101.

Edit: I just realized I've been blocking Star Fox 0 from my mind.

jts

...hate me...
Man, the love for TW101 is fascinating and I own that game.

I ought to actually play it sometime.

I got turned off by the wackiness when I first tried it, never to boot it again since.

Neiteio

Man, today is TORTURE for Nintendo fans in terms of E3 hype

Fire Emblem Warriors info, Mario + Rabbids info, a potential Smash leak (even if it's fake, it gets me mad hype at the potential), and now THIS

Mind going delirious with visions of a Switch spinoff of Bayonetta starring Jeanne as a school teacher by day and an angel hunter by night

Dehnus

If it's Wonderful 202, I'll personally raid Nintendo for one of the Switches. Even if I have to fight Kimishima over it in a gloriously epic battle with many over the top summons and panty shots of us both... and trust me GAF you don't want those pantyshots!

Therefore it is better if we all just wend in a letter asking Kimishima to just send me one for the interest of the world's sensitive eyes. In case W202 does release.

:p.

Really loving all the Wonderful 101 love here. One of the best games ever made.

As much as I would love a sequel or some kind of continuation I do think it'd would be one of those games that feels so complete as to stand on it's own.

RK128

Likely referring to them working with another Nintendo IP (like Star Fox Zero on Wii U). But I could see them also working on No More Heroes 3 (the game has no developer currently an Platinum ARE great with action games) and Bayonetta 3 (Nintendo likely wants another one to happen, considering her increasingly being linked to as a Nintendo character).

Neiteio

Metal Gear Rising is Platinum's best game — BEST GAME — but I'm not sure it makes sense for it appear on Switch over the other two platforms.

Then again, Bayonetta made no sense, either. Loved it, tho!

Top Bottom