• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Platinum Games developing an ‘interesting’ Switch game

Principate

Saint Titanfall
Bayonetta 2 was closing completly the story.
I don't get why we need a 3.

I would prefer a new ip

Kamiya wants to make Bayonetta 3 and the studio wants to make another game in the IP. They're actually currently discussing it.
Basically this

Inaba said:
Maybe there would be a male Bayonetta! (laughs). I would like to make Bayonetta 3. We're talking within the company even now about what to do. But because we're constantly talking about it, that actually makes it really hard to say. If we weren't talking about it, we could just say something random or offhand, you know, but because we're actually talking about it...Of course, that's just something that you talk about when you're making a series – do you want to keep the same protagonist? There's plenty of precedent for changing protagonists, and so that is something we discuss – do we want to keep the same one, have a different one, add new ones – but that's certainly not anything I can say for sure at this point

Raitaro

What if it's a new Wave Race but now with Road Rash style combat mechanics on top of the racing action?

Now that would be interesting! Remember, Nintendo (Europe) renewed this trademark near the end of 2016.

(I'd take a Metroid, Kid Icarus, F-Zero / Captain Falcon spin-off, or Wario Land too of course. Or anything original by them. Don't kill me but preferably not Bayonetta 3 though; I never fully fell in love with that series or its aesthetics or themes.)

Is it ARMS?

Isn't ARMS developed by the Mario Kart 8 team?

E-phonk

Banned
I hope they port over Bayo 1,2 and make Bayo 3
This.

While i own Bayo 1 & 2 on Wii U I hope more people get to play Bayo 2. In 2018 the Switch will have a broader userbase than Wii U ever had, so a port of both games in 2018 and a sequel in '19 would be perfect.
Also, Bayo 2 wasn't as big as a flop (from Nintendo's POV) some people seem to think. It sold more then 400k last time I heard of it. Last thread I could find gave us some figures: (+160k in US, +60K in france, +50k in japan, all digital not included).
That's not a huge succes but also not the total failure, knowing it was on Wii U, and the franchise has upwards potential and attracts a userbase that Nintendo can't reach with first party titles.

kitsuneyo

Wonderful 102 would be cool because the core of a great game was present in 101, it just needed more polish. Build on top of the best parts of 101, and 102 could be amazing.

Whatever it is, awesome to hear Platinum have something coming to Switch!

Airan

Malenetta incoming.

Anarchy Reigns ARMS style would also be pretty sweet.

Oh man whatever PG are making I'll keep a sharp eye out. Bring on E3.

duckroll

Platinum with budget = hot
Platinum without budget (+TW101) = cold

Transformers Devestation had no budget and it was one of the hottest Platinum titles in ages. Less to do with budget, more to do with talent leading the team. Mad World had good production values and it was total garbage.

WarRock

I just hope interesting doesn't mean a lot of controller gimmicks.
Well:

What do you think of the Nintendo Switch as a platform to develop for?

It’s kind of hard to say, as you don’t want to make the game fit the hardware, you want to make the hardware fit the game – you don’t want to add a gimmick to your game just because the hardware supports it – but with the Switch, now we’re in this time where you can play Zelda on the plane, whenever you want, because you can keep it with you or bring it outside, and that’s something we couldn’t have imagined before. So perhaps the thing to do now is to make a game that draws people in and that people want to keep playing, and they can because they don’t have to wait until they’re at home. That’s one thing that would be great to get out of the Switch.

Transformers Devastation was directed by the guy who previously worked on Metal Gear Rising. TMNT was directed by the guy who previously worked on Legend of Korra, which was considered to be one of Platinum's weakest works.

So yeah, that's all you need to know there.

duckroll

Transformers Devastation was directed by the guy who previously worked on Metal Gear Rising. TMNT was directed by the guy who previously worked on Legend of Korra, which was considered to be one of Platinum's weakest works.

So yeah, that's all you need to know there.

Transformers Devastation also had Hiroshi Shibata as the lead game designer. He's like Kamiya's shadow, design lead on Okami, Bayonetta, and W101.

jdstorm

Banned
Nintendo needs more strong female characters on their roster and Platinum can deliver. With Samus Aran and Sheik both defunct, all they have left is Impa.

Rosalina, Toadette, Elma, Callie, Marie, Squid Girl/Octoling Girl, roughly half of the cast of Arms. Saying there is only Impa left is a stretch. Especially since every character on that list has had a key role (Lead or Important Supporting) in a WiiU exclusive.

WarRock

Nintendo needs more strong female characters on their roster and Platinum can deliver. With Samus Aran and Sheik both defunct, all they have left is Impa.
So you're saying we need a sequel for this:
68881_front.jpg

I agree.

brinstar

There was a rumor that it was being devoloped by Platinum before it was revealed in January. But after that it was never confirmed.
are you sure you're not thinking of the guy who leaked it, who just thought it might've been by platinum from looking at it?

KingBroly

Banned
I have to wonder who the Director of it would be it.

It could be Kamiya...or the guy behind TMNT and Korra...or someone else

Astral Dog

This is true and perhaps they're feeling lucky but after W101 and B2 they seemed to noped the fuck out of Original Platinum IP's. So it could go either way. Likely be lowish budget regardless.
They only had one game since then,one they where making anyways and needed support

Top Bottom