• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Platinum Games developing an ‘interesting’ Switch game

I mean Bayonetta in Smash shows that Nintendo is interested in the series so I'd be more shocked if they didn't fund a Bayonetta 3.

To be fair, that was mostly Sakurai's doing, for the ballot and all that jazz.

I mean, Smash Bros. has three Kid Icarus characters and yet you don't really see Nintendo have much interest in continuing that series or even acknowledging it that much.

Inaba had this to say, recently:

http://sourcegaming.info/2017/05/29/straight-from-the-source-atsushi-inaba-platinum-games/

What are your thoughts on Bayonetta making it into Super Smash Bros.? How involved were you in that process?

I didn't have that discussion with Sakurai myself. I think Sakurai most likely puts characters in that he really likes, so he must have really liked Bayonetta. I was really happy to see Bayonetta in Smash. I hope she's in future Smash games as well.

Always one to push outside their own comfort zone and create a totally different playstyle. I can't think of any platinum games that play similar to another other than Bayonetta 2 which was a sequel.

God, I would kill for a Wonderful 102.

But the most probable answers are either:
- Bayonetta 3, as Nintendo may want to increasingly associate her with their brand owing to the positive reception in (and the fan input that drove her being added to) Smash Bros
- A new IP, as Platinum have shown an interest in making use of unique Nintendo hardware for gameplay purposes.

I definitely have a feeling Bayonetta 3 is happening. But this may not be referring to that. Platinum probably has more than 1 Switch game in the works at this point.

random25

5700098-cyborg+raiden+feat+speed+%2820%29.gif

Imagine pulling this off with the joycons

it-looks-like-nintendo-is-working-on-a-wii-music-sequel-140083740693.gif

MGrant

Platinum and From Software are the reasons I'm excited for third party support for this thing. Please be good.

Fbh

Interesting is good.
But tell me Platinum..... Is it Wonderful?...is it fucking WONDERFUL?

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Why are we acting like this will be anything but Bayo3? lol

What about this is news? Their logo was on the big logo slide. "Dev claims that previously announced game in development will be 'interesting'" doesn't really seem like earth shattering stuff.

Top Bottom