• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Platinum Games developing an ‘interesting’ Switch game

Hero

logo.png

Don't play with my heart like that.

Plum

What if they're being literal and it's a semi-sequel to W101 called The Interesting 101? Gasp in mild delight and nod approvingly as you learn interesting facts about the Wonderful 101 universe and the characters within.

Varjet

What if they're being literal and it's a semi-sequel to W101 called The Interesting 101? Gasp in mild delight and nod approvingly as you learn interesting facts about the Wonderful 101 universe and the characters within.

Sounds like that would be Mr. Wedgewood's thing.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
I hope it's "interesting" like W101 at least, and not "interesting" like Mad World and Star Fox.

W101 was an extreme Bomba why would it be W101 interesting? More likely it's another starfox type deal a SE port or Bayonetta 3 (which while bomba had greater mindshare than w101)

Peléo

Great. Some people complain about the lack of single-player focused games on the Switch. This Platinum game and the current expected releases of the end of fiscal year should completely reverse it.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
Combined with this
Inaba said:
Maybe there would be a male Bayonetta! (laughs). I would like to make Bayonetta 3. We’re talking within the company even now about what to do. But because we’re constantly talking about it, that actually makes it really hard to say. If we weren’t talking about it, we could just say something random or offhand, you know, but because we’re actually talking about it…Of course, that’s just something that you talk about when you’re making a series – do you want to keep the same protagonist? There’s plenty of precedent for changing protagonists, and so that is something we discuss – do we want to keep the same one, have a different one, add new ones – but that’s certainly not anything I can say for sure at this point
Chances of Bayonetta 3 are rising.

duckroll

W101 was an extreme Bomba why would it be W101 interesting? More likely it's another starfox type deal a SE port or Bayonetta 3 (which while bomba had greater mindshare than w101)

Who's talking about sales here? When Platinum makes "interesting" games rather than the norm of what they do (pure character action), it can end up good, or it can end up really bad. Either way it'll probably bomb because Nintendo sucks at selling anything outside their comfort zone and no one else would pay Platinum to make a Switch only game hahahahaha.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
Who's talking about sales here? When Platinum makes "interesting" games rather than the norm of what they do (pure character action), it can end up good, or it can end up really bad. Either way it'll probably bomb because Nintendo sucks at selling anything outside their comfort zone and no one else would pay Platinum to make a Switch only game hahahahaha.

That's the point it's either going to be SE or Nintendo meaning if it does end up being Switch exclusive which I think it's resonably unlikely a new experiemental IP is unlikely to be what Nintendo pays for. It'd likely be again giving them another franchise or Bayonetta 3 because Bayonetta 2 was critically well regarded and there's some level of fanbase for it since it won the character poll for Smash (well as far as useable characters).

jdstorm

Banned
Come on Xenoblade X Rising Revengence.

its definitely not happening but Elma and her Skell/Doll deserve the platinum treatment as they single handedly fight off an alien invasion.

Think Halo Reach x Vanquish × DMC.

duckroll

That's the point it's either going to be SE or Nintendo meaning if it does end up being Switch exclusive which i think is resonably unlikely a new experiemental IP is unlikely to be what Nintendo pays for. It'd likely be again giving them another franchise or Bayonetta 3 because Bayonetta 2 was critically well regarded and there's some level of fanbase for it since it won the character poll for Smash (well as far as useable characters).

Nintendo pays for a lot of stupid shit. :p

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
I hope it's "interesting" like W101 at least, and not "interesting" like Mad World and Star Fox.
Can't really blame them for Star Fox though... They delivered the game Shiggy and Nintendo wanted.
Don't think anyone could have marketed a game like W101. Better be glad that first party budget allows them to deliver such games without having to worry about it sales. Well then again Scalebound happened as well... lol.

TheOasis

5700098-cyborg+raiden+feat+speed+%2820%29.gif

Imagine pulling this off with the joycons

tumblr_nayn7xsBOj1se9xd2o1_500.gif

It's inevitable. Platinum is not going to leave a motion control required, QTE punch scene with HD rumble on the table.

Also, I'm glad to see so much interest in this thread for a W101 sequel. The IP deserves another shot.

Lelou

If they don't drop bombs on this e3 i will be really angry.
Everyones is working on something secret for switch, but no one can say a word.

C'mooon

Platinum had a surprising amount of Wii U games during it's short life.

I think Bayonetta 2 and Wonderful 101 remasters could do well on Switch.

As for new projects, my hope is for a new IP or a sequel to Wonderful.

Top Bottom