• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Platinum Games developing an ‘interesting’ Switch game

Please be a comedy Captain Falcon Character Action/Bounty Hunting Game.

tumblr_n8q0uovlJs1qzp9weo2_500.gif

I mean the character himself being overly serious in a colorful setting leads to some interesting humor.

tumblr_nauaj1exzt1r7sijxo1_500.gif

DizzyCrow

I would love a boss rush game from them. Even better with cartoony designs.

Hell just give me boss rush from all Bayonetta bosses and I'm good

Let's START With a W101/Bayo 1/2 Port for dat eeeasy money.

Then let's get a new IP on there. Maybe something with Dragons, perhaps?

then blow everyone's minds with Bayo 3 and Vanquish 2. :)

Or, y'know. Platinum Metroid. Couldn't do any worse than Team Ninja, right?

TriBlade

Let's START With a W101/Bayo 1/2 Port for dat eeeasy money.

Then let's get a new IP on there. Maybe something with Dragons, perhaps?

then blow everyone's minds with Bayo 3 and Vanquish 2. :)

Or, y'know. Platinum Metroid. Couldn't do any worse than Team Ninja, right?

I like the way you think:)

Love these guys to bits. Hope they find success in their future ventures and I'm looking forward to what they have to show on Switch.
Hope Nintendo will keep working on them since Bayo2 and W101 are so good. Maybe on Switch they'd actually sell.
I wonder if they could get Nintendo to green light that Wonder Blue game Kamiya was thinking about on the basis that it's basically 100% devil may cry

NolbertoS

I'll go off a tangent and predict ifs. New IP. Platinum games needs a series to sell alot. Although Bayonetta 2 and Wonderful 101 were awesome, sales sucked :(. I'd be happy if they released an open world RPG like BOTW or make a MP game like Scalebound on the Switch

Moaradin

Pretty much, and by a decent margin. Certainly better than Bayonetta 2 turned out to be. I hated nearly every character in that game, and barely got through the thing thanks to it having some good mechanics.

Yeah, I played Bayo 2 immediately after Wonderful 101 and it was pretty apparent how much of a downgrade that was. W101 is definitely Platinum's best action game (I put Automata up there as their best game as well, but those are way to different for me to choose).

I'll go off a tangent and predict ifs. New IP. Platinum games needs a series to sell alot. Although Bayonetta 2 and Wonderful 101 were awesome, sales sucked :(. I'd be happy if they released an open world RPG like BOTW or make a MP game like Scalebound on the Switch
PG is working on their very own IP and I can see it on Switch, PS4 and PC.
I can also see
wish
that Nintendo lets them make a Zelda spin off like that Sheik one they were teasing at e3. With how well Nier and MGR turned out, I think it would be a pretty big success.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
http://sourcegaming.info/2017/05/29/straight-from-the-source-atsushi-inaba-platinum-games/

if you read the source of the excerpt, they kind of explicitly say they're not working on bayo 3 yet. of course, they could be... but i don't think it's happening yet or they wouldn't be talking about it all IMO.

EDIT - ok this is actually a different interview.

If Bayonetta 3 were to ever happen, would Bayonetta still be the protagonist or would you try to surprise fans?

Maybe there would be a male Bayonetta! (laughs). I would like to make Bayonetta 3. We're talking within the company even now about what to do. But because we're constantly talking about it, that actually makes it really hard to say. If we weren't talking about it, we could just say something random or offhand, you know, but because we're actually talking about it...Of course, that's just something that you talk about when you're making a series – do you want to keep the same protagonist? There's plenty of precedent for changing protagonists, and so that is something we discuss – do we want to keep the same one, have a different one, add new ones – but that's certainly not anything I can say for sure at this point.

What are your thoughts on Bayonetta making it into Super Smash Bros.? How involved were you in that process?

I didn't have that discussion with Sakurai myself. I think Sakurai most likely puts characters in that he really likes, so he must have really liked Bayonetta. I was really happy to see Bayonetta in Smash. I hope she's in future Smash games as well.

TreIII

Based on Inaba's quotes from BitSummit a short while ago, it sounds like this may be the "new IP with new Director" that he teased would be revealed "within the coming weeks".

I'm ready, either way.

jnWake

Sakurai + Platinum Uprising sequel would be incredible.

Star Fox
Rogue
One would be cool too. No dual screen controls here to annoy people haha.

Top Bottom