• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Play reviews Lair

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wollan

So yes, if there’s any doubt left, Lair has come together beautifully.
With its stunning visuals and incredible soundtrack, Lair may well be the single most powerful experience that a man can share with his $5,000 home theatre system.
Lair is an utter feast for the eyes
framerate issues have been fixed.
Don’t assume that because Lair is such a stunning piece of eye candy that there isn’t also a substantial game at its core.

There's no real confirmation about this but I doubt anyone would bother faking a Play review. More at site:

http://gamers-creed.com/?p=80.

Game releases August 14th according to EBGames.

Wollan

It looks like they have taken snippets from someone detailing the review, more on gameplay:

The only negatives were that objectives weren’t explained well enough and confusing navigation sometimes.

They say that some of the confusion is because it combines nearly 6 genres into one game…but once you get use to it, it is a game with incredible depth.

It also says that replay value is extremely high–you can receive higher ranks and that unlocks amazing stuff such as new dragons, etc. to kick butt with.

Speevy

Banned
I'm still holding out hope that it's not very good. I'll choose to ignore this review, thank you very much.

Stealth

Unless this is Play UK, does that score really mean anything? I have nothing against Halverson's magazine in general, but they do give crazy-high scores to very bad games (DMC2, Sonic 360).

mollipen

Wollan said:
There's no real confirmation about this but I doubt anyone would bother faking a Play review. More at site:

Let me check...

Yup, those quotes are from the real review. Review is by Casey Loe.

calder

Stealth said:
Unless this is Play UK, does that score really mean anything? I have nothing against Halverson's magazine in general, but they do give crazy-high scores to very bad games (DMC2, Sonic 360).
*nods*
They sure seem to have a generally high rating from the half dozen or so mags I've read, and they also seem to reeeeaaaaallly rate mediocre looking but flashy high-profile games highly.

I'm still dubious about Lair myself, the gameplay in all the videos I've seen looks a bit boring. I'll wait until ppl here start playing it, I trust GAF's ability to collectively review games more than just about any reviewer out there.

Jtyettis said:
uh, lol

Nice score if true.

No, for real. I'd do it. It will be like an instant purchase. I don't even like the game, I just like the graphics and it's actually doing some amazing technical things.

The gameplay looks so damn uninspired, boring and dull. But like I said, I'm going to buy it just becauseFactor 5 put in the effort to make such a beautiful game and on a technical level, it's marvelous.

FrankT

Wario64 said:
Remember, Play's review scale is 7-10. So a 9 is kinda like a B-.

Wasn't aware of that or not ^. Anyhow, I wonder if the release date is going to stick. I read the date got moved up in Euroland. Did EGM review this in there latest issue?

TONX

Distinguished Air Superiority
If the framerate part is true, then i will own this game
after i play the demo :S

LCGeek

formerly sane
F yeah a PS3 price drop can't come soon enough if lair is this good then my memory can replace all the lair goodness over that bs foot missions from rebel strike. F5 get busy on that next PS3 title as I highly doubt Matty boy at ign was serious about a Wii project.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
LAME

I was hoping for a cool P3 cover. kinda like the Odin Sphere Play cover... oh well.

USC-fan

Banned
Going by what the guys on 1upyour have been hinting at, i sure didn't think it would rate this high.

Speevy said:
I'm still holding out hope that it's not very good. I'll choose to ignore this review, thank you very much.
:lol :lol

REP+

goldenpp72

so its about as good as sonic 360? No doubt lair will be good but play is kinda unreliable.

When does this one hit?

LCGeek said:
F yeah a PS3 price drop can't come soon enough if lair is this good then my memory can replace all the lair goodness over that bs foot missions from rebel strike. F5 get busy on that next PS3 title as I highly doubt Matty boy at ign was serious about a Wii project.
Well then, good thing Play liked this better than they liked Rebel Strike. Hm, wait, they gave that a 90, too.

Dies Iræ

Play said:

YOU'RE HIGH

featurefilm2.png

Holtz

Segata Sanshiro said:
Well, it's not like it's a bad thing. It just doesn't really mean a whole ton in either direction. At least we know it's not totally ****ing terrible now?
If the framerate IS fixed, that`s already a huge deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom