• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Play reviews Lair

Status
Not open for further replies.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
sony left lair out of their big conference, so they probably hate it too

jack: lol kaz play gave lair a 9
kaz: omg those idiots like everything
jack: i know rofl
phil: what did i tell you two about smearing your feces all over the boardroom

10 pages? o_O this is some serious business.
spotthenon-gamer.jpg

Geezer said:
So, someone calls out the 360's new crown jewel (COD4* as Halo 3 isn't up to it anymore), so you call out a PS3 exclusive:lol

*-Which is multiplatform to boot :lol

With regards to the flat trees, that's GT5 Prologue you're speaking about, GT5 will likely have the same detail in the car models but more detailed scenery.

It was less "calling out GT5" and more calling out you for how ridiculous your statement was. GT5 and COD4 are two of the best-looking games I've ever seen.

LukeSmith

captive said:
They're releasing a halo comedy?

This is a Lair thread, let's stay on topic and continue evaluating the lovingly charted history of the Play reviewer and degrading into system warrior-related arguments on a game that almost no one has played.

Thisisneogaf.gif

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
LukeSmith said:
This is a Lair thread, let's stay on topic and continue evaluating the lovingly charted history of the Play reviewer and degrading into system warrior-related arguments on a game that almost no one has played.

Thisisneogaf.gif
Whats left to discuss, we have dismissed play as a review source, and LAIR looks like poo, and looks gorgeous, has bad art, is shallow and boring, is waggilicious.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
captive said:
They're releasing a halo comedy?

yeah, september 25th: it's like halo 2, except they've replaced all the elites with these monkey guys. bungie's sense of humor is underappreciated

LukeSmith said:

Thisisneogaf.gif
And your contribution to society is...what?

?

Geezer

Broken water pistol loaded with piss
Segata Sanshiro said:
And your contribution to society is...what?

?
He made us all laugh
at him
for the "sent to die" bullshit?
Laughter is good for the soul after all.

LukeSmith

Isn't the bottom line that PS3 owners and potential PS3 owners are rightfully excited for Lair and there's no real reason to freak out over the first review, because in the coming weeks there will be a broad spectrum of reviews to look at and doubtlessly there will be a review that each poster here can gravitate toward because it closely reflects what they want to believe. For folks looking forward to Lair this is a great sign, for inexplicably crazy folks who hope games turn out bad, it's probably a source of frustration. At some point I'd assume this thread will get scrubbed.

LukeSmith said:
Isn't the bottom line that PS3 owners and potential PS3 owners are rightfully excited for Lair and there's no real reason to freak out over the first review, because in the coming weeks there will be a broad spectrum of reviews to look at and doubtlessly there will be a review that each poster here can gravitate toward because it closely reflects what they want to believe. For folks looking forward to Lair this is a great sign, for inexplicably crazy folks who hope games turn out bad, it's probably a source of frustration. At some point I'd assume this thread will get scrubbed.

What it simply seems like is that any and every game scheduled for some sort of exclusivity on the Playstation 3 is being hyped through the roof for no other reason than it is for the PS3. If the game loses its exclusivity (or we find out it isnt actually exclusive), the hype really drops off ala Assassins Creed.

isochronus said:
What it simply seems like is that any and every game scheduled for some sort of exclusivity on the Playstation 3, Xbox 360 or Wii is being hyped through the roof for no other reason than it is for the PS3, Xbox 360 or Wii. If the game loses its exclusivity (or we find out it isnt actually exclusive), the hype really drops off ala Assassins Creed.

fixed

Shawn128

How the hell did a Play review get so big??

Do you guys really want the game to be bad?

I'm always surprised when people want a game to score bad.

Let's just wait till other reviews to judge. It's the amalgamation of many review scores that allow us to judge correctly, not just one. Just because it scored highly in Play doesn't mean its bad. Yeesh.

Woo-Fu

Banned
isochronus said:
If the game loses its exclusivity (or we find out it isnt actually exclusive), the hype really drops off ala Assassins Creed.

Uh, Assassin's Creed lost its hype due to floating bodies, air punches knocking stuff over in the bazaar and the chip and dale enemy combat AI.

You might want to pick something else.

Woo-Fu said:
Uh, Assassin's Creed lost its hype due to floating bodies, air punches knocking stuff over in the bazaar and the chip and dale enemy combat AI.

You might want to pick something else.

Come on... if GTA4 was exclusive to one platform the hype would be through the roof... its just the nature of fanboys and enthusiasm.

Thunderbear

Mawio Gawaxy iz da Wheeson hee pways games
Segata Sanshiro said:
**BEGIN SEGATAPUTER STATISTICAL SUMMARY

Number rated higher than aggregate: 8
Number rated lower than aggregate: 2
Number rated approximately the same as aggregate: 4
Average: +0.32

Conclusion: Takuhi more often than not scores games higher than aggregate, but by an amount that is overall small enough to call insignificant. Statistically speaking, observed data does not support the hypothesis that Takuhi rates games higher than average.
**END OF SEGATAPUTER STATISTICAL SUMMARY

I owe Casey an apology, so here it is. Sorry dude.

Nice, and good on you.

This has been a weird thread :).

Thunderbear

Mawio Gawaxy iz da Wheeson hee pways games
Shawn128 said:

Let's just wait till other reviews to judge. It's the amalgamation of many review scores that allow us to judge correctly, not just one. Just because it scored highly in Play doesn't mean its bad. Yeesh.

I think that's the reason why so many people feel this thread is being trolled heavily. Why any gamer would want any game to score badly is odd.

LukeSmith

Shawn128 said:

Actually playing the game will help you judge, not reading review scores. :D

Shawn128 said:

I'm guessing you didn't bother to sift through the thread. There were two topics going on in here that made the thread this big.

1) The merits of Play's reviews and whether or not a high score means anything.

2) The same old "Bad art" chestnut.

Nobody talking about point #1 said the game was bad for getting a high score in Play, just that it might not mean anything due to general high scores from the magazine. In analysing the past reviews of the same reviewer, it was found that he does not overrate games compared to the aggregate data.

Discussion #2 was as stupid as usual.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom