• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playboy playmate body shames woman at gym on Snapchat; endures wrath of the internet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fitts

Two wrongs don't make a right, don't call a woman a bitch, no matter what she did.

Nah, she's a bitch. I googled her too because I had to know. She should be face shamed cuz this bitch is ugly inside and out. Looks like she's been doing hard drugs for a long ass time or something.

Jobbs

Banned
Nah, she's a bitch. I googled her too because I had to know. She should be face shamed cuz this bitch is ugly inside and out.

She's a horrible person but I don't think shaming peoples' physical appearance is ever really okay even if it's a playboy playmate

edit: she killed a kitten!??!?!?!? fuck it, call her whatever you want

No kidding, damn:

690c079d4394fc3db65d310cea11dcf2baa903bf67048a37895eb9d2c5b21472.png

"Charities who support obesity"?

Don't understand some people. Is it really that hard to show a shred of compassion towards others? Do some people just have a malfunctioning conscience or what is it exactly?

Most people feel entitled to one thing or another. Always in need to feel superior or try to hide your own insecurities. People are shitty. Sure they might not murder or rape you but they can be god awful. I feel more often than not.

I am glad to read the repercussions the person got. This behaviour should be punished and shamed.

Two wrongs don't make a right, don't call a woman a bitch, no matter what she did.

I agree. Using sexist words isnt right.

Bit-Bit

All of you in here posting terrible things about her is just as bad if not worse.

Instead of reaching out and using this as a teaching opportunity about internet bullying, the majority of ya'll have opted to bully her over the internet. Calling her names and saying horrible things about the lady.

Fucking hypocrites.

All of you in here posting terrible things about her is just as bad if not worse.

Instead of reaching out and using this as a teaching opportunity about internet bullying, the majority of ya'll have opted to bully her over the internet. Calling her names and saying horrible things about the lady.

Fucking hypocrites.

Or maybe there's bullying and then there's justice. Last I checked you don't chose to be obese whereas this person chose to be an asshole.

Lakitu

st5fu

Fucking hypocrites.

Nobody on here is insulting her directly and people are understandably upset over someone who body shames a woman in private and kills kittens. Obviously.

Maximo

Man the Company is really going all out, out right calling her a complete cunt, people like her should be called out but the companies comments and it's context is alittle unprofessional.
In no way shape or form excusing her actions and hoping my comment doesn't come across like that, just man the Company is unleashing hell fury.

Or maybe there's bullying and then there's justice. Last I checked you don't chose to be obese whereas this person chose to be an asshole.

Check again.

I kind of love the justifications for having the right for being a jerk here - the internet mob mentality is sure crazy.

entremet

Man the Company is really going all out, out right calling her a complete cunt, people like her should be called out but the companies comments and it's context is alittle unprofessional.
In no way shape or form excusing her actions and hoping my comment doesn't come across like that, just man the Company is unleashing hell fury.

It's a deterioration of discourse.

She's horrible, but man that was pretty unprofessional. Just drop her and make a statement. No need to go to 100 percent.

Fucking hypocrites.

Really now?

Really?

Public shaming a naked person because you think theyre fat and ugly is the same as publicly shaming a "public figure" for being the kind of trash who would do such a thing?

Believe me, Im sure this woman has and will continue to do plenty of learning regarding her internet bullying.

GAF calling her a few names, at max, on a forum she will never read in reaction to fat shaming and killing a kitten.

VS

Publically displaying a person's naked body and shaming them in front of snapchat followers (and by that proxy, whoever else shares it off snapchat, as what probably happened considering it got out).

I can't tell who is worse here!

Fucking hypocrites.

I always find it funny that when someone bullies someone else, or says something racist, or sexists, the onus is on other people to "teach" them or turn the whole experience into a learning session. That's nice and all, but let's not pretend she doesn't know that these sort of actions are shitty and unwelcome in society. She is not a victim here - it's the woman who's naked body is plastered on the internet for people to make fun of and destroy.

But hey, focus on the person doling out the abuse. That'll help.

gogogow

Yeah, that company is definitely going all out, they keep posting about it on their IG and oh, they also coincidentally have 50% off too!

Profane Clothing IG said:
We're Ashamed we have a celebrity model and Playmate of the Year featured in our T Shirt Collection who felt the need to purposely fat shame

Profane Clothing are SO ASHAMED they have her on their t-shirts that they are STILL selling the shirts in their store!

It's fine to post a statement how you've dropped her, because of her shitty behaviour/personality, but to make a profit off of the situation is just disgusting imo.

SpaceWolf

Banned
Nobody on here is insulting her directly

Wait, sorry...

Calling her a "bitch" and a "cunt" isn't insulting her directly? Or are you insinuating it's perfectly okay to call her a cunt and a bitch if the person in question doesn't happen to hear you?

The woman did a horrible thing, and it's really good she's been severely punished as a consequence for what she did, but using vile slurs in an attempt to bring the woman down is just really ugly behavior on everyone's part. Not necessarily uglier behavior than how this woman behaved, or more repugnant, just ugly.

I'm sure someone, somewhere is going to accuse me of "White-Knighting" or whatever, but honestly, I just think it's ironic people are attacking this woman for being a bully, whilst at the same time showering her with swear-word insults instead of having some kind of constructive conversation about what she did. I thought this place was generally a more mature community than that.

MUnited83

For you.

Fucking hypocrites.

People will call people who are fucking assholes fucking assholes. Who would have tought? And no, people calling her an asshole (which she is) is not worse than what she did.

Servbot24

Banned

Fucking hypocrites.

While the calls for her life to be destroyed do make me feel very uncomfortable, it's not even close to the same thing.

I always find it funny that when someone bullies someone else, or says something racist, or sexists, the onus is on other people to "teach" them or turn the whole experience into a learning session. That's nice and all, but let's not pretend she doesn't know that these sort of actions are shitty and unwelcome in society. She is not a victim here - it's the woman who's naked body is plastered on the internet for people to make fun of and destroy.

But hey, focus on the person doling out the abuse. That'll help.

I think the matter is whether the punishment fits the crime. You seem to think mass online shaming is no big thing, but it absolutely ruins lives. Jon Ronson's excellent book 'So You've Been Publicly Shamed' tells the stories of those of who committed varying degrees of fuck-ups and ended up attracting the wrath of the internet, and it really puts into perspective the death-by-a-thousand-cuts nature of online revenge. Individually, nobody thinks they're doing anything particularly bad - after all, these cunts (it disproportionately affects women) deserve to be taken to task for what they've done - but taken in aggregate, it's this mass of unfiltered hate and loathing that turns into one of the most extreme forms of punishment around.

Look at their instagram, they sell shirts with cunt written across them in big white text. So subtlety is probably not their strongest point.

Breads

Banned

Fucking hypocrites.

No posting words in a videogame forum is not as bad as taking nude photos in the locker room and then body image shaming said victim.

You are so interested in making yourself look good you did it at the cost of sounding incredibly trite. They are not hypocrites. This is not the same thing. False equivalency god damn.

royalan

I think the matter is whether the punishment fits the crime. You seem to think mass online shaming is no big thing, but it absolutely ruins lives. Jon Ronson's excellent book 'So You've Been Publicly Shamed' tells the stories of those of who committed varying degrees of fuck-ups and ended up attracting the wrath of the internet, and it really puts into perspective the death-by-a-thousand-cuts nature of online revenge. Individually, nobody thinks they're doing anything particularly bad - after all, these cunts (it disproportionately affects women) deserve to be taken to task for what they've done - but taken in aggregate, it's this mass of unfiltered hate and loathing that turns into one of the most extreme forms of punishment around.

The grand irony here is that everything you just described is exactly what this "model" just tried to do to this woman minding her own damn business in the locker room.

The punishment absolutely fits the crime. Live by social media bullying? Reap the benefits of it.

Lakitu

st5fu
Wait, sorry...

Calling her a "bitch" and a "cunt" isn't insulting her directly? Or are you insinuating it's perfectly okay to call her a cunt and a bitch if the person in question doesn't happen to hear you?

The woman did a horrible thing, and it's really good she's been severely punished as a consequence for what she did, but using vile slurs in an attempt to bring the woman down is just really ugly behavior on everyone's part. Not necessarily uglier behavior than how this woman behaved, or more repugnant, just ugly.

I'm sure someone, somewhere is going to accuse me of "White-Knighting" or whatever, but honestly, I just think it's ironic people are attacking this woman for being a bully, whilst at the same time showering her with swear-word insults instead of having some kind of constructive conversation about what she did. I thought this place was generally a more mature community than that.

I mean, nobody is harassing her in person or making her life misery like she has done to that poor woman. People are venting and are obviously upset about what she's done. How is it possible to have a constructive conversation about someone like that? What is there to be said that can be considered constructive? She did an evil thing and she has obviously paid the price now which is more than enough.

Saying that, I understand your perspective and respect it.

Bold One

This sort of thing is terrible, and girls do it all the time.

THIS is the problem that I think we are at risk of overlooking, its fairly common today especially with every phone being equipped with a camera and having unrestricted access to social media networks. No one shames or demeans women quite like other women.

Regardless of how you feel about body shaming and its repercussions, I'm certain that you can understand why it's absolutely inappropriate to insult a person trying to better themselves at the gym. If anything, it's pretty nasty to insult anyone for being fat anywhere but it's even more so disgusting in this situation.

No wonder nobody wants to go to the gym when you have fuckheads like this.
99.999999999℅ of people at the gym don't give a fuck about you unless you curl in the squat rack.

Trust me you are judged more walking down the street or going out on the weekend.

-

Shaming is such a shitty thing. Then to top it off taking nude photos in the locker room? Wtf.

whoever wrote this needs to be fired. it almost makes the company look worse than her

"yea shes a piece of shit and we still supported her through all of this until her dumbass got caught"
The company is named profane clothing and sells lame club 'tits out & middle finger' shirts. It's name is already tainted.

whoever wrote this needs to be fired. it almost makes the company look worse than her

"yea shes a piece of shit and we still supported her through all of this until her dumbass got caught"

Well, from the looks of it, they definitely don't have a spokesperson who issues professional statements when needed. I sure as hell would fire that individual if they spoke on behalf of the company in that context...lol. Nevertheless, their smear posts on Instagram about Ms. Mathers have been extremely entertaining, omitting the animal cruelty, of course.

Yes, I'm part of the problem...

Fucking hypocrites.

Come on buddy you can't be serious ? As bad as taking someone's picture naked and publish it to make fun of said person ? IF NOT WORSE ???

People have the right to be angry at one person. It's human to react to someone being an ass to other persons. That teach said persons that their behaviour is bad.

You don't? medical issues asside most people can choose not to eat as much and get off their butts.

Whenever it is medical or not, this is no reason to make fun of someone for free. Especially not taking naked pictures of said person.

Check again.

I kind of love the justifications for having the right for being a jerk here - the internet mob mentality is sure crazy.

People telling someone that she acts like an idiot. What's crazy in there ?

Fucking hypocrites.
This is some dumb "Eye for an eye" bullshit that totally ignores the context of the situation.

She photographed a nude person and made fun of the way she looked by sharing it on the internet to who knows how many people. For no reason othee than this woman dared to share a gym with her.

Everyone here is making fun of the playmate because of her shitty attitude, outlook and behavior.

Not all criticism is equal. Some people deserve to be shamed and insulted for their behavior. It's ridiculous that you can't even call assholes out for being assholes anymore without someone whining about it.

NinjaBoiX

The body shaming and general attitude that led to it is pretty gross but posting a picture of a naked stranger on snapchat without consent? That's absolutely vile.

She deserves everything she gets, fucking vacuous cunt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom