• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PLAYERUNKNOWNS BATTLEGROUNDS Early Access Thread: This Is Battle Royale

Gears

Ive been kinda hoping for a light pc specific game to play while im going through persona 5 and zelda, you guys think this is worth it in comparison to other similar games? I enjoyed the dayz mod, and the culling was a fun time passer

Kadin

Ive been kinda hoping for a light pc specific game to play while im going through persona 5 and zelda, you guys think this is worth it in comparison to other similar games? I enjoyed the dayz mod, and the culling was a fun time passer
I'm having a lot of fun with it with my group. Solos aren't too bad either, kinda fun to play when you want to just go do stuff on your own although I either hide a lot to last to the final part of the round or rambo it up and die within the first 5 mins. Either way, me and my 5 friends all bought it and we're enjoying it a ton.

The nice thing is that when you die (or hopefully win), the next match loads up pretty fast so there's not much downtime. Definitely worth the price imo.

So, is there any particular reason these kinds of games seem to always be set in some generic post-Soviet state?

Or is it just tradition because ArmA 2 was set in a generic post-Soviet state?

TVexperto

So, is there any particular reason these kinds of games seem to always be set in some generic post-Soviet state?

I think its the perfect setting, landscapes and small towns. What kind of map would be betteR?

E-flux

I think its the perfect setting, landscapes and small towns. What kind of map would be betteR?

78a1f76203c562c3d7c318765865da44_M.jpg
I would love a game like this to be set in southern europe, but in general anything rural or sparsely populated would suit just fine. Or rather places with small towns here and there. Southern europe has quite a lot of elevation changes which would work well in gameplay plus the use of color in there both in nature and in some towns are super pleasing to look at.

Tecnniqe

Banned

Setting kinda fits with weapons and stuff if you ask me but I don't really mind it as much as long as the gameplay is fine.

More maps or some dynamic changes would be nice and I'm sure they said more stuff is coming with the possibility of snow maps if they could get it working so theres still a lot to come in that regard.

Lren

After watching the thread for a while, finally took the plunge and bought the game. Seems like an amusing time waster, especially with a few drinks here and there!

Sane_Man

This game is so maddening!!!! I just can't kill anyone. I get the drop on them every time yet they seem to one hit me after I put 5 bullets into them. It makes no sense. Plus I keep losing sound.

Ianan

I've won 2 rounds today! Glad to see this game doing well, been playing it since the DayZ Battleroyale mode.
Can't wait to see new maps/weather etc.

I'm having a great time with this game. Only won once in a duals match. My only complaint is telling which direction are shots coming from.

Sane_Man

Losing sound? Like completely or what?

Yeah completely. I only get sound via a headset for some reason and every ten minutes or so I lose all sound. If i pull out the headset USB and plug it back in the sound comes back immediately. No idea what's causing it.

Game is still addictive as hell. Even with the technical issues and the fact that I'm terrible at it.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Yeah completely. I only get sound via a headset for some reason and every ten minutes or so I lose all sound. If i pull out the headset USB and plug it back in the sound comes back immediately. No idea what's causing it.

Game is still addictive as hell. Even with the technical issues and the fact that I'm terrible at it.

Is it a general issue or this game specific? I've used optical and audio jack and I've not had this issue. Have you attempted to update the audio driver or something?

Sane_Man

Is it a general issue or this game specific? I've used optical and audio jack and I've not had this issue. Have you attempted to update the audio driver or something?

Specific to this game. No I haven't tried updating so I'll give that a go. Thanks. I also get the odd full game crash. A pop up mentions something about information loss and then I'm booted to my desktop. My computer is easily above the recommended stats so I have no idea why.

Grief.exe

Instead of setting to default audio in the settings, try specifically selecting your headset.

jediyoshi

Someone else mentioned this on Reddit. There was a post on the official forums claiming they were the copyright owner for the crossbow, and Bluehole removed the item from the game shortly after that post.

Crazy, at least nothing of value was lost :p I noticed the holosight had eotech branding on it too, wonder if the artists just got carried away with their references.

SamuraiX-

So good. Basically the game summed up in one GIF. lol

GypG2Vn.gif

oD26B37.png
ZTs1oeI.png

This game is so maddening!!!! I just can't kill anyone. I get the drop on them every time yet they seem to one hit me after I put 5 bullets into them. It makes no sense. Plus I keep losing sound.

I had this type of day for most of my time playing yesterday. Leading targets can feel tricky and I've noticed that bullet spread seems to drastically increase if you're moving even a little bit left/right and if you're not giving it enough time for your crosshairs to recenter after the kick of every shot.

Keep at it though. It's taken me like 10 hours to get accustomed to the EA build of the game after I thought I had the hang of it during the alpha/beta. They've definitely done some balancing and tweaking with the gunplay.

Ark

Sunk 17 hours, and my entire Sunday, into this game with some friends. Made it to the final 2-5 a few times, but have yet to win.

This game is intense, addictive, and fun as fuck!

Yeah, I've generally been able to make it to Top 15 before getting killed by following a pattern of grabbing the bare essentials, killing off whomever was unlucky enough to land near me without getting their hands on a gun (Or better yet, punching someone to death for their gun) and camping in an enclosed space behind several closed doors with a gun trained on the only entrance as deep in the circle as possible and waiting things out until I'm forced to make a run for the new circle where I proceed to hole up in the first enclosed room I can find.

Any better strategies, or should I stick with this theorem until I Git Gud at the gunplay?

I mean I got really lucky with this the first time I did it. Ended up dead-center of the circle and wasn't forced to move until the last ten were standing.

Lren

This game is intense, addictive, and fun as fuck!

Pretty accurate so far! Managed to convince a few friends about the game as well, even those that generally don't like this type of game are interested in it. Definitely gonna be keeping an eye on what gets added patch wise.

kasane

Lol not like winning is that hard. Me and my squad usually gets top 10 unless something disastrous happen in the first few minitues of the game.

Last circle is actually the easiest because if you clear your behind and sidrs its pretty much who has the better aim.

And honestly luck plays a big factor with the map

arimanius

Game has been hitching during firefights today for some reason. Gotten me killed twice since my side becomes a slide show. Even turned down my settings and still doing it. Frustrating.

SamuraiX-

Any better strategies, or should I stick with this theorem until I Git Gud at the gunplay?

Hate to say it could be as simple as this, but I'd argue not to be too conservative about getting into battles because more often than not you're gonna have to take fights to win games. I noticed I was placing higher the more I took advantage of favorable opportunities since I was getting more practice with weapons/gunplay.

Game has been hitching during firefights today for some reason. Gotten me killed twice since my side becomes a slide show. Even turned down my settings and still doing it. Frustrating.

Are you by chance looking in the direction of high-density areas during these fights (e.g. the larger towns on the island)?

I still cant wrap my name around the title

Which part?

DrBo42

PlayerUnknown is the main guy behind this game and he likes to plaster his name across everything he makes with big capital letters for some reason.

Seems like a total edge lord considering the trenchcoat and bandana iconic outfit.

Wrellie

Neo Member
I'm torn between using the grab stuff and hide strategy and getting top 5-10 regularly or being one of the first ones out but learning to shoot properly.

Archpath1

Remember to use left shift or space bar (I think) to steady breath when scoped in, you'll see a lung icon on the bottom

Helps for that first shot or with dat kar

Picked up the game on the weekend after hearing about the OCE servers. Sunk 3-4 hours into it yesterday and it's pretty damn fun. Excited to get back in there next weekend now.

Playing purely solo at the moment. Best run I got was 13th with 4 kills. Stupidly got greedy looting my 4th kill when the play area was tiny and in an open field, got sniped pretty quickly. Had enough BP to buy a crate thing, got one blue shirt, cool I guess?

I am having issues getting my FPS right though. I see people stream it with very few FPS drops but mine are crazy. I actually died yesterday because my FPS dropped to about 20 and I couldn't shoot properly. I followed a guide linked earlier in the thread that involved editing a bunch of.ini files but all it did was make the game look like it was running on ultra low with the same FPS drops. Need to go hide in a corner of the map for a few rounds this weekend and work on it.

My CPU is kinda weak though. GTX1080, 32GB 1600 DDR3, i7 2011 4930k 3.4ghz. Need to get on my DDR4 build asap.

Top Bottom