• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PLAYERUNKNOWNS BATTLEGROUNDS Early Access Thread: This Is Battle Royale

Pachimari

If I buy this game, can I play with any of you guys? Because I feel like I am helpless when playing solo to start with.

DrBo42

Game is running out of video memory every session now. Insane. 980ti at 6gb of vram and I'm running out of memory? So many people having this issue.

Pachimari

There are a lot of people starting to hang around in the discord we made so you can probably find people there :)
Cool, I'll join you guys in the Discord later today.

Game is running out of video memory every session now. Insane. 980ti at 6gb of vram and I'm running out of memory? So many people having this issue.
Oh damn, and I have 2gb vram on my 780.

Finally got offed by a hacker tonight :(
Are there a lot of hackers now?

RulkezX

Well, it's not a single-player offline linear story-driven game by a japanese developer, so, umm...

Heh , pretty much.

Would love to see this on consoles one day, though. I think it lends itself to comfy couch just as easily as it does sitting playing at a monitor.

deleted

We had a pretty cool moment the other day.

We (team of 3 people) jumped near the pier and wanted to get into a boat to get to the container harbour. A team of 2 thought of a similar plan - at least we guess so.
So all 5 of us dropped and started running towards the boat.
One of us panicked and jumped in and out of the driver's seat a few times which got us to panick - and the other two guys somehow didn't react and stole the boat, but went for the shotgun seat.
So we all got into the boat - without any weapons or anything at all and drove off. All 5 of us. :p

I dropped them off by another boat between the bridges and we continued our way. Later on we met again in a shootout (that we won), but it was pretty funny to have this stalemate before.

Uiki

It has to do with windows page file. Check how you set it up. I wasn't having problems until I changed it to the lowest possibile (16mb on w10) and then I wasn't able to finish a game. Switched back to 8gb and no more crashes due to low video memory.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Are there a lot of hackers now?
No
Heh , pretty much.

Would love to see this on consoles one day, though. I think it lends itself to comfy couch just as easily as it does sitting playing at a monitor.
Well it's got controller support already. If not fully at least partially due to it being UE.

So in theory you should be able to hook it up to your comfy couch and play at a disadvantage with a controller :p
Okay, I joined your Discord. When are you usually playing? Are you all from America, or are some from Europe as well?
Some NA, some EU. Usually a few on at all times but right now it's night for NA and work hours for EU.

Pachimari

I would love to play with you guys sometime tonight European time so I can learn the ins and outs of it. I think I am starting to grasp the basics.

DrBo42

How do you know that? I'm playing with a fury x (only 4GB) and never noticed anything
Crashes with error message about it

It has to do with windows page file. Check how you set it up. I wasn't having problems until I changed it to the lowest possibile (16mb on w10) and then I wasn't able to finish a game. Switched back to 8gb and no more crashes due to low video memory.

Yeah I'll have to bump it up. Was at 2gb or so. With Ultra textures and view distance I was over 5gb late game last time. Going back to lobby after a game still has 2gb loaded and continues to climb. Repeated games seems to be the problem.

derFeef

Man, I always want to try out one of these but never not know which one. This looks like it's getting a lot of love from the dev as he has made some of those, heh (hopefully one can stick?).

So I am always playing MP alone since none of my friends are into this type of games, or MP in general. It seems perfect for lonewolfers but just how frustrating is it? I am easily frustrated, haha.

Vipu

Banned
Man, I always want to try out one of these but never not know which one. This looks like it's getting a lot of love from the dev as he has made some of those, heh (hopefully one can stick?).

So I am always playing MP alone since none of my friends are into this type of games, or MP in general. It seems perfect for lonewolfers but just how frustrating is it? I am easily frustrated, haha.

Right this moment? It can be frustrating with all fps drops, lags etc
But its still fun most of the time when it works.

Uiki

Crashes with error message about it

Yeah I'll have to bump it up. Was at 2gb or so. With Ultra textures and view distance I was over 5gb late game last time. Going back to lobby after a game still has 2gb loaded and continues to climb. Repeated games seems to be the problem.

There's a memory leak for sure but it has nothing to do with that vram error.

You can try using -lowmemory or -maxMem=4000 (you can go higher if you want) as launch options.

I still restart it after 2-3 games anyway.

Pachimari

There's a memory leak for sure but it has nothing to do with that vram error.

You can try using -lowmemory or -maxMem=4000 (you can go higher if you want) as launch options.

I still restart it after 2-3 games anyway.
Where do I go to change these numbers?

Gumbie

I really like this game but the last few nights for me and squad have been.

1. Loot up
2. Drive around for a little while
3. Get shot in head from undetermined location.
4. Start new game, repeat step 1

spineduke

Unconfirmed Member
I would love to play with you guys sometime tonight European time so I can learn the ins and outs of it. I think I am starting to grasp the basics.

I'm also looking for people to play in EU time. Played a bit, but partners would be nice.

Archpath1

I really like this game but the last few nights for me and squad have been.

1. Loot up
2. Drive around for a little while
3. Get shot in head from undetermined location.
4. Start new game, repeat step 1

Alot of people watch from edge of ring.

never stay still outside.
working your way from one direction(edges) is safer than being in the middle having to check 360 degrees all the time.

Pachimari

I'm also looking for people to play in EU time. Played a bit, but partners would be nice.

Go to the Discord and add me as a friend on Steam or in the game(?)

Am I not supposed to pick up cars like this with F ?

r9EVMV4.jpg

And is there a player list so you can see how many kills each player has gotten?

Ark

Just lost connection to host in EU in squads. We were in a REALLY good position, just took out two other squads.

I know this is Early Access and I know they've promised to fix it, but fuck me is that annoying.

Pachimari

Just lost connection to host in EU in squads. We were in a REALLY good position, just took out two other squads.

I know this is Early Access and I know they've promised to fix it, but fuck me is that annoying.
Can you add me on Steam, if I can play you guys?

Tecnniqe

Banned

Yeah know that feel. Took a few days off and playing just now I'm desyncing super hard.

Whelp.

Gumbie

Alot of people watch from edge of ring.

never stay still outside.
working your way from one direction(edges) is safer than being in the middle having to check 360 degrees all the time.

Most of deaths are from the edge of the circle. People get to the middle quickly and then camp the edges because they know people will be trying to keep their back to the circle.

Ark

Most of deaths are from the edge of the circle. People get to the middle quickly and then camp the edges because they know people will be trying to keep their back to the circle.

It really just seems to depend on the game at the time. Some games I tend to find nobody around the edge of the safe zone, and only encounter players in the middle. Other games, I see no one in the middle and scores of players around the edge.

There's no 'hard-meta', so to speak, you really just need to react to how each particular round is evolving.

Somnia

Worst feeling? Making it to top 3, but you never found more than a level 1 helmet and getting 1 shot by a Kar after getting 8 kills.

B00TE

Been watching Lren play this, in addition to PyrionFlax and now I'm super interested in this. It looks really fun and tense, will pick this up in the near-ish future. Hoping I can play as is, but I may wait for some more optimizations.

E-flux

Woo, we finally won our first squad game, only one of us survived but the game in general was very entertaining, when the game started i landed in the myrta powerplant hangars and managed to kill 3 dudes from a group of 4 and the last guy got shot by my friend who tried to run away. It was really intense, all of them had found armors and assault rifles while i only had a backback, 10 shotgun shells and that shitty two barreled shotgun and a stun grenade.

I wish that the stuns were more reliable, the bang doesn't seem to apply if your characters head isn't looking to that direction so it can't be really used against people who peak corners in third person.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Is the early game still laggy as hell for anyone else here? People teleporting around while running for like the first five minutes of the game really takes the fun out of going to any popular landing spots.

Compsiox

Banned
That moment when you're 20 minutes into a match and doing better than you ever have before and your match stops connecting to the server (can still walk but not interact).

Top Bottom