• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds launching on Xbox one as Console Launch Exclusive

Gowans

the wording is so strange

Sounds like it will be in game preview this year and launch proper/complete in 2018.

Sure it will come out on PS4 by end of 2018.

From interviews is sounds like MS have helped them set up a second studio to build for xbox in Spain and are helping them with the console controls, UI, Achievements etc.

mcrommert

Banned
Sounds like it will be in game preview this year and launch proper/complete in 2018.

From interviews is sounds like MS have helped them set up a second studio to build for xbox in Spain and are helping them with the console controls, UI, Achievements etc.

Yep...looks like they are pitching money at them

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Having everyone running this on the same system (instead of 100 different pc configurations playing the game) will be epic. Draw distance is crucial in this game.

This is exactly why I haven't jumped in yet. Massive advantage to people playing with high end PCs, and dropping everything but draw distance to zero to make the game look as ugly as possible for best frame rate just sucks.

Playing on a stable platform where everyone is forced to use the same settings is the only way I'm going to play this.

Great news!

Makes sense why it's coming to Xbox first. Big boon for their studio having Msoft's resources made available.

Tagyhag

Wow if MS set up an entire studio just to help them they must really want this game. I still think it's a bit ludicrous but this just might stay exclusive to it.

This is exactly why I haven't jumped in yet. Massive advantage to people playing with high end PCs, and dropping everything but draw distance to zero to make the game look as ugly as possible for best frame rate just sucks.

Playing on a stable platform where everyone is forced to use the same settings is the only way I'm going to play this.

Great news!

There's actually a bigger advantage depending on Internet connection.

Glad this is coming to games preview. I've been waiting to try it out. I have watched numerous streams on twitch and Mike Ybarra keeps streaming this on mixer. It looks fun.

amdb00mer

Man this is the best they can come up wtih? I mean this already looks like 2000's graphics on PC max setting and they're trying to console exclusive, seriously?

MS come on now at least pretend you're trying w/ this, like do some new gmaes and not ports? Just restricting games no idea why companies does this

It may simply be listed as a "Console Launch Exclusive" as it will be in game preview. The actual final version may release at the same time on both platforms.

Memnoch

How come your done with Pcs?

Just curious, I only use consoles and prod the pc now and again.
Well cost firstly, then all of the settings that can't be maxed which is completely frustrating, then when things go wrong with a game trying to figure out what to fix (.ini files for instance). With a console I fire up the game and it works. I have limited gaming time I don't want to waste it with tedious work.

Sorry for the ignorance , but how does one get into game preview on XB1? I want this day one.

thanks.
No extra effort on your part. Game Previews show up in the store (some are sold at a discounted price) with the disclaimer that they are a work in progress. Once the full version of the game releases, your game preview will update for free to the full release. You can also download and try a Game Preview title out for 1hr without spending any money.

The current Game Preview titles in the store:
Ark: Survival
Pit People
We Happy Few
Rivals of Aether
Subnautica
The Culling
Snooker Nation Championship
Slime Rancher
The Long Dark

Well cost firstly, then all of the settings that can't be maxed which is completely frustrating, then when things go wrong with a game trying to figure out what to fix (.ini files for instance). With a console I fire up the game and it works. I have limited gaming time I don't want to waste it with tedious work.

I agree with every point you made,

I'm in the exact same boat.

tuco11

No extra effort on your part. Game Previews show up in the store (some are sold at a discounted price) with the disclaimer that they are a work in progress. Once the full version of the game releases, your game preview will update for free to the full release. You can also download and try a Game Preview title out for 1hr without spending any money.

The current Game Preview titles in the store:
Ark: Survival
Pit People
We Happy Few
Rivals of Aether
Subnautica
The Culling
Snooker Nation Championship
Slime Rancher
The Long Dark

thanks, much appreciated!

Hopefully it doesn't look and play like hot garbage once it finally drops on PS4.

Kills me that the sandbox survival/competitive genre is so huge right now, and nobody has managed to make one that wasn't a complete jankfest.

Cels

If I were a gambling man, I'd gamble on nope.

good thing you're not a gambling man

Battlegrounds producer Chang-han Kim reportedly told Inven, ”There is something called ‘Game Preview' on Xbox One. It's like Early Access for Xbox. We have the game running on that and are in process of polishing it. For the release, we'll both release it on PlayStation and Xbox."

EL CUCO

good thing you're not a gambling man
That quote is from March. I'm fully expecting Phil Money Bags Spencer to lock this one up.

FTR I hope it does hit PS4 at launch. Game is incredibly addictive. I just remember when H1 was supposed to hit PS4 and that never happened.

Somnia

Hopefully it doesn't look and play like hot garbage once it finally drops on PS4.

Kills me that the sandbox survival/competitive genre is so huge right now, and nobody has managed to make one that wasn't a complete jankfest.

It doesn't look or play like hot garbage right now.

Brandwin

That quote is from March. I'm fully expecting Phil Money Bags Spencer to lock this one up.

FTR I hope it does hit PS4 at launch. Game is incredibly addictive. I just remember when H1 was supposed to hit PS4 and that never happened.

Didn't realize that, so I am not going to hold my breath. Maybe we will get confirmation that it will come to PS4 as well.

Head.spawn

I'm surprised MS didn't wife that game up, Mike Ybarra has been playing the shit out of this game, streaming pretty much daily.

Chobel

Phil Spencer doesn't have that kind of money to moneyhat it (permanently): PUBG sells 4 million copies within 3 months on early access

And there's a more recent quote (yesterday): http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/...ns-battlegrounds-could-still-come-to-ps4.aspx

Somnia

Phil Spencer doesn't have that kind of money to moneyhat it (permanently): PUBG sells 4 million copies within 3 months on early access

And there's a more recent quote (yesterday): http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/...ns-battlegrounds-could-still-come-to-ps4.aspx

Ya it'll be exclusive on xbox due to the game preview program and then when the full game launches in 2018 it'll be on both.

I'd assume PlayStation will get some kind of beta a month or so before launch in 2018.

The more people that get to play this masterpiece the better imo

Kayant

ITT: people talking about wrong game
Edit: or was black desert the original wrong topic? I dunno continue and ignore me!
Haha my plan worked 😀.

What happened was I was going to make a thread for black desert but mistakenly posted it here as well.

Top Bottom