• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playfire Rewards Discussion Thread

Gaz_RB

I feel like I would need to be seriously feining for some money to waste my time playing these games for such miniscule rewards. Maybe if I were in middle school or something....

Anyways...

Is it possible to delete a Playfire account? I think I'm still having issues with credit because of my second account.

Just how I feel. It is a discussion thread right? Not an appreciation thread?

Sorry, your comment didn't exactly invite discussion.

Personally, I spent 4 hours in Goat Simulator which netted about $10. With that I was able to buy Warlock2 for free yesterday.

There were plenty of people last week pre-ordering Dark Souls 2 for about $15 after credit and coupons. Sure, the individual values aren't much...but giving you money for playing a game you already own doesn't seem like a waste to me.

Lomax

I feel like I would need to be seriously feining for some money to waste my time playing these games for such miniscule rewards. Maybe if I were in middle school or something....

Lots of us are sitting on massive libraries of games that we've never played, these rewards provide a motivation to try them out and also provide some motivation to be an early buyer of new releases instead of just waiting for a sale. No one is getting rich from these rewards and I don't think anyone is claiming playing games that aren't fun just for menial rewards is worth it. But they do add up quicker than you'd think, I have almost $25 already.

Just a heads up, you can get Gun Monkeys (plus some other games) for 1$ in the latest Groupees bundle.

Between the Playfire rewards (although it will take some time to get them all, since they are MP-only and the game is dead) and the Steam cards you can get your money back, and then some!

Game is fun, too. Thanks to Playfire I've enjoyed games like Lunar Flight, Gun Monkeys and even Poker Night at the Inventory. It's a shame they take so long to give you your credit, since I guess I won't be able to buy Arkham: Origins now :(

EDIT: Damn, just checked my account and I already got yesterday's rewards on my GMG account. Nice!

I tweeted them to find out but no answer :/

Just checked, and I've got a reward for playing BTTF: Episode 1 for the first time. Didn't try to launch any of the other episodes, though.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Got both Poker Night games and apparently I can earn the money I spent back if I get all the achievements for both games. That's pretty neat.

Just checked, and I've got a reward for playing BTTF: Episode 1 for the first time. Didn't try to launch any of the other episodes, though.

Kinda strange they didn't specify which episode. Also disappointing that they don't respond to anything on Twitter other than to very occasionally point someone toward opening a support ticket for whatever issue.

Lain

Seems like I haven't been awarded the play for the first time reward for Dwarfs!?. I'd open a ticket to let them know, but considering the ticket I opened on the 10th of this month for some missing rewards (some of which showed up at least) still hasn't been answered yet, I'm not gonna bother.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Do they cash out at the end of the month or something? I've got a lot of pending credit but there hasn't been any movement on it.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Do they cash out at the end of the month or something? I've got a lot of pending credit but there hasn't been any movement on it.

I usually get it when they post the new rewards for the day. If you have pending credit in your account for more than a day send them a support ticket. They always reply pretty fast and are really helpful

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I usually get it when they post the new rewards for the day. If you have pending credit in your account for more than a day send them a support ticket. They always reply pretty fast and are really helpful
I just noticed this:
What do I do if my credit hasn't been deposited into my Green Man Gaming account?

During the BETA we require you to log into your Green Man Gaming account for the system to flag you as active. When the system knows you are active it will check every 12-24 hours for any Playfire Rewards that are pending deposit into your Green Man Gaming account.

I'll log on and give it a few days to see what happens.

Vuze

Well, I won't spend much time on games I consider not interesting or trashy (except for starting and closing them right afterwards, free .10 pound) but I always wanted to get Arkham City off my PoS and Playfire Rewards gave me the final push to do it.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Today's rewards

• Agarest: Generations of War Zero - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Euro Truck Simulator - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Life Goes On - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Trainz™ Simulator 12 - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Trainz™ Simulator 12 - unlock Complete Tutorial 1 - £0.10
  • Trainz™ Simulator 12 - unlock Trainee Hostler - £0.25
  • Trainz™ Simulator 12 - unlock Station Assistant - £0.50
  • Villagers and Heroes - play for the first time - £0.10
  • WRC 4 FIA World Rally Championship - play for the first time - £0.10
  • WRC 4 FIA World Rally Championship - unlock First day at work - £0.10
  • WRC 4 FIA World Rally Championship - unlock If in doubt, flat out - £0.25
  • WRC 4 FIA World Rally Championship - unlock Loeb's heirs? - £0.50
  • Wargame: Red Dragon - play for the first time - £0.10
t1398297600z0.png

Lomax

Has anyone gotten credit for Sam & Max Season 2? I got the Back to the Future credit but it didn't pick up on Sam & Max.

maty

Seems like I haven't been awarded the play for the first time reward for Dwarfs!?. I'd open a ticket to let them know, but considering the ticket I opened on the 10th of this month for some missing rewards (some of which showed up at least) still hasn't been answered yet, I'm not gonna bother.

Me too, didn't get any rewards for playing Dwarfs!? for the 1st time or the achievements, also missing other rewards from Batman: AC. I opened a ticket like a week ago still no answer :(

styl3s

1. It gives incentive to play games and get something other then worthless "achievements"
2. There are plenty of games where all you have to do is start it and exit. I made like a $1 just for starting a few games. Yeah, it's $1. But it's a $1 for about 8 seconds of work. Some games can be played quickly to earn more
3. Some rewards end up paying for the game if you do them in a timely manner. Goat Simulator paid for itself and The Hobbit almost paid for itself.

It's a great system and i honestly hope more people like you view it like this so they increase some the number of games that reward you. You say waste time playing games for miniscule rewards what do you call paying $10,20,30,40 or $60 for a game just to get achievements? Its literally the exact same principle only you get something worth something. Rewards got me to play Psychonauts, a game i probably would of never played even though it's highly praised and i fucking loved the game and i got paid for playing it. I made $20+ since i started using it and every game i played i enjoyed. How is that a waste of my time? I enjoyed myself playing great games and got paid. Do you get paid for being on GAF?

Gaz_RB

I'm glad that some of you are getting some actual use out of it. I can see how it would be very useful to those who have a huge backlog by giving them an incentive to play a game that they wouldn't have otherwise. Didn't mean to sound offputtish.

I guess it just doesn't appeal to me because I don't really care too much about achievements in the first place.

Lomax

Which BTTF episode did you get credit from?

I played the first one for about a half hour. I played the first episode of Sam & Max 2 for about an hour but didn't get credit. I've already played Sam & Max 1 so I wouldn't be eligible for that one. Obviously it's a small reward so not a huge deal, but just trying to figure out if maybe something worked for someone else. I'm going to try episode 2 of Sam & Max 1 (which I haven't played) and see if maybe that works.

TheBear

For the rewards that are 'play for the first time' does that mean if I've played it previously I don't get the reward? Sounds like a dumb question when I ask it :p

-MD-

For the rewards that are 'play for the first time' does that mean if I've played it previously I don't get the reward? Sounds like a dumb question when I ask it :p

From my experience you'll only get credit if you've never launched the game before.

inm8num2

Some others asked already, but did anybody launch an episode of BTTF other than the first one and get the credit?

I've played the first episode some time ago and plan to start with the second one. It's only a 500MB download but I have to watch my bandwidth rather closely so every MB counts. :p

It seems only if you just linked your steam profile to your playfire account it registers all old achievements. If there happens to be a active reward for those achievement, you will get the reward, the next and onward rewards only apply for new achievements.

Nabs

New Playfire rewards are out:

• Portal 2 - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Portal 2 - unlock Bridge Over Troubling Water - £0.10
  • Portal 2 - unlock Vertically Unchallenged - £0.10
  • Portal 2 - unlock Dual Pit Experiment - £0.10
  • Portal 2 - unlock Preservation of Mass - £0.25
  • Portal 2 - unlock Schrodinger's Catch - £0.25
  • Portal 2 - unlock Pit Boss - £0.25
  • Portal 2 - unlock Door Prize - £0.25
  • Portal 2 - unlock Portal Conservation Society - £0.50
  • Portal 2 - unlock Triple Crown - £0.50
  • Portal 2 - unlock Talent Show - £0.50
  • Papers, Please - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Papers, Please - unlock Antegria Token - £0.10
  • Papers, Please - unlock Impor Token - £0.25
  • Papers, Please - unlock United Federation Token - £0.50

t1398470400z0.png

Tregard

Soothsayer
Stupid question probably, but I'm assuming achievements you've already got don't count? As far as I know I've got most of those Portal 2 achievement.

New Playfire rewards are out:

• Portal 2 - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Portal 2 - unlock Bridge Over Troubling Water - £0.10
  • Portal 2 - unlock Vertically Unchallenged - £0.10
  • Portal 2 - unlock Dual Pit Experiment - £0.10
    [*]Portal 2 - unlock Preservation of Mass - £0.25
    [*]Portal 2 - unlock Schrodinger's Catch - £0.25
    [*]Portal 2 - unlock Pit Boss - £0.25
    [*]Portal 2 - unlock Door Prize - £0.25
    [*]Portal 2 - unlock Portal Conservation Society - £0.50
    [*]Portal 2 - unlock Triple Crown - £0.50
    [*]Portal 2 - unlock Talent Show - £0.50
  • Papers, Please - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Papers, Please - unlock Antegria Token - £0.10
  • Papers, Please - unlock Impor Token - £0.25
  • Papers, Please - unlock United Federation Token - £0.50

t1398470400z0.png

Let's do it.

nope

no free monies if you've already 100% the game

Are you sure? I haven't played Super Meat Boy since I linked my Steam account, and the two achievements I have from the list appear on my rewards log, likewise for the achievements I already had from FEZ. Of course, the "play for the first time reward" is missing.

These are Fridays rewards by the way, but they didn't post them until today because of Good Friday.

• Awesomenauts - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Awesomenauts - unlock Croaked by a toad - £0.10
  • Awesomenauts - unlock Thunder, thunder, thunder! 2 - £0.25
  • Awesomenauts - unlock Slimer's evil twin 1 - £0.50
  • Castle of Illusion - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Castle of Illusion - unlock Illusion Breaker - £0.10
  • Castle of Illusion - unlock Superbounce - £0.25
  • Castle of Illusion - unlock Money Bags - £0.50
  • Doom 3: BFG Edition - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Doom 3: BFG Edition - unlock DOOM II: Just Getting Started - £0.10
  • Doom 3: BFG Edition - unlock You're Not My Boss! - £0.25
  • Doom 3: BFG Edition - unlock Play Catch - £0.50
  • Killing Floor - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Killing Floor - unlock Social Outburst - £0.10
  • Killing Floor - unlock Experimentimillicide - £0.25
  • Killing Floor - unlock The Boss - £0.50
  • QUAKE III: Team Arena - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Quake III Arena - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Quake IV - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Return to Castle Wolfenstein - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Sonic Generations - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Sonic Generations - unlock Bright Star - £0.10
  • Sonic Generations - unlock Shadow Boxing - £0.25
  • Sonic Generations - unlock Can't Touch This - £0.50
  • Tabletop Simulator - play for the first time - £0.10
  • The Last Federation - play for the first time - £0.10
  • The Typing of the Dead: Overkill - play for the first time - £0.10
  • The Typing of the Dead: Overkill - unlock Lascivious Lexicon - £0.10
  • The Typing of the Dead: Overkill - unlock Easy Targets - £0.25
  • The Typing of the Dead: Overkill - unlock Nifty Fingers - £0.50
  • Uprising44: The Silent Shadows - play for the first time - £0.10

zkylon

zkylewd
Are you sure? I haven't played Super Meat Boy since I linked my Steam account, and the two achievements I have from the list appear on my rewards log, likewise for the achievements I already had from FEZ. Of course, the "play for the first time reward" is missing.

yea, it may count some old cheevos the first time you link it with your steam acc or something but don't expect it to be a regular thing

Vuze

Nice, have some unearned cheevos for Portal 2, however I think I might skip the coop ones. Also looking into the Papers Please achievements, didn't play the game for too long.

Dr Dogg

I really don't think I'm going to be able to stomach "new" Sonic in Generations to be able to grab the 2 remaining chievos. Old Sonic is cool and more importantly keeps his trap shut. New Sonic is like a marketing executives interpretation of a misanthropic teenager you just want to strangle. How far in do you have to get to pop the Shadow Boxing achievement?

I really don't think I'm going to be able to stomach "new" Sonic in Generations to be able to grab the 2 remaining chievos. Old Sonic is cool and more importantly keeps his trap shut. New Sonic is like a marketing executives interpretation of a misanthropic teenager you just want to strangle. How far in do you have to get to pop the Shadow Boxing achievement?

After clearing the first six levels as modern and retro Sonic, you'll be able to fight him.

Top Bottom