• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playfire Rewards Discussion Thread

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
So I got a bunchof money (well, 2€) for some past achievments but nothing for Portal 2 yet. Should I write a suppor ticket or wait for a day or two? Still not entirely clear how all of this works.

Panda Rin

So I got a bunchof money (well, 2€) for some past achievments but nothing for Portal 2 yet. Should I write a suppor ticket or wait for a day or two? Still not entirely clear how all of this works.

if you just got the achievements, I would wait a day or two for them to show up. It took 3 days for my Portal 2 achievements to show up.

Zia

I hopped on both Fract OSC and Poker Night 2 for the first time (I'd played Fract before release but I don't think it logged my stats) and didn't receive any rewards and the activity isn't showing up on my feed. Any tips?

mannerbot

I hopped on both Fract OSC and Poker Night 2 for the first time (I'd played Fract before release but I don't think it logged my stats) and didn't receive any rewards and the activity isn't showing up on my feed. Any tips?

Playfire seems to update the feed at about 9 PM Pacific for me. When did you play those games and have you received any rewards in the past? If the accounts are linked properly then just give it a few days. And maybe you were too late for Poker Night 2 if you did it today?

Zia

Playfire seems to update the feed at about 9 PM Pacific for me. When did you play those games and have you received any rewards in the past? If the accounts are linked properly then just give it a few days. And maybe you were too late for Poker Night 2 if you did it today?

Nah, I checked the blog and got it just in time. I didn't realize that there was a delay in updating your activity so maybe it'll trigger as, yeah, I already earned some rewards.

mannerbot

Nah, I checked the blog and got it just in time. I didn't realize that there was a delay in updating your activity so maybe it'll trigger as, yeah, I already earned some rewards.

Yeah, I'd expect it to update at about 9 PM Pacific then.

nampad

How long did it take you to get the Easy Targets achievement in Typing of the Dead? Just finished chapter 5 and still nothing.

edit: Got it near the end of chapter 7., The achievement guide said something about chapter 4, which has to be off. I didn't miss that many.

Available until Tuesday 29 April, 2014 @ 23:59 UTC:

• Conquest of Champions - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Perpetuum - play for the first time - £0.10

ArjanN

How long did it take you to get the Easy Targets achievement in Typing of the Dead? Just finished chapter 5 and still nothing.

edit: Got it near the end of chapter 7., The achievement guide said something about chapter 4, which has to be off. I didn't miss that many.

Harder difficulties have more enemies, so you'd probably get that achievement earlier.

So, still haven't got my Portal 2 rewards, how do I contact customer support? I can't find it on their help desk.

EDIT: Nvm, found it, just kinda hidden away.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
The way they check things seems to be kinda weird, at least in my case if I get things less than 5 or so hours before the deadline I don't get the rewards (which is annoying as it's the time I have after work)

mannerbot

Harder difficulties have more enemies, so you'd probably get that achievement earlier.

I'd guess that this actually isn't true? I played on the hardest difficulty the entire time and I had to go through something like 7 chapters as well. If anything, going by the name of the achievement, maybe easier difficulties have more fat mutants?

Available until Tuesday 29 April, 2014 @ 23:59 UTC:

• Conquest of Champions - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Perpetuum - play for the first time - £0.10

F2P alert! Game is just 66 MB, and it was released today as an Early Access game. Easiest £0.10 in a while, go and get them!

Levyne

Banned
How long does it typically take to get response to a submitted ticket? I don't mind waiting, just curious, want to know it is actually being looked at.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Got a few hours to do Portal 2 co-op levels. I have the first two chambers unlock (which should be good for 2 of the 3 achievements.

Firebrand

So I guess I should sign up for this if I'm gonna play through Dark Souls 2 anyway. Anyone know if the £1.50 for signing up is live yet? (24-30 april)

And if I understood correctly, they don't give out rewards for achievements you've unlocked in the past?

Zafir

And if I understood correctly, they don't give out rewards for achievements you've unlocked in the past?
Does if your only just signing up, it'll scan your Steam account and think every achievement you've got, you got them today. Won't from then on though. After the initial scan you have to get the achievement in the time period.

Jawmuncher

The playfire current Balance is the balance you should see on GMG as well right?
My numbers aren't matching even though I have check marks by the achievements.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
The playfire current Balance is the balance you should see on GMG as well right?
My numbers aren't matching even though I have check marks by the achievements.

Same thing happened to me and resolved itself after a couple of days. Is there still a free Eve Online beta on the site? try "buying" that and see if it transfers the money over. If not, raise a support ticket.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
What happens if I get an achievment in time but it updates too late to the site? Thinking about doing the Doom 3 one but the challenge only lasts for 10 hours and it usually takes 1-2 days to update.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
What happens if I get an achievment in time but it updates too late to the site? Thinking about doing the Doom 3 one but the challenge only lasts for 10 hours and it usually takes 1-2 days to update.

I think they'll still catch it as they probably track when it's unlocked. If not, send a support ticket with a screenshot of when you unlocked it.

Nabs

New Playfire Rewards:

• ArcheBlade™ - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Canyon Capers - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Canyon Capers - unlock A ticket to ride - £0.10
  • Canyon Capers - unlock Deep pockets - £0.25
  • Canyon Capers - unlock Super Stealth Ninja - £0.50
  • Chip - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Chip - unlock Upgraditis - £0.10
  • Chip - unlock How do they work? - £0.25
  • Chip - unlock A.W.E.S.O.M.-O - £0.50
  • Hotel Collectors Edition - play for the first time - £0.10

AHA-Lambda

Hey, just noticed I've not been acknowledged for ay of the achievements I've gotten in Dark Souls 2, plus I've still never gotten the reward for linking my steam account. What gives?

Panda Rin

Hey, just noticed I've not been acknowledged for ay of the achievements I've gotten in Dark Souls 2, plus I've still never gotten the reward for linking my steam account. What gives?

it takes some time for them to record the achievements. I'd give it a day or two. If it doesn't appear by then, you should submit a support ticket.

Did anyone have DS2 achievements show up in their profile? I have the "Play DS2 for the first time" and nothing else. Also didn't get the one for linking my account.

Zoned

Actively hates charity
Did anyone have DS2 achievements show up in their profile? I have the "Play DS2 for the first time" and nothing else. Also didn't get the one for linking my account.

It's been more than 3 weeks and I haven't got that linking steam account achievement either.

masterkajo

Same here. I have like 5 achievements for DS2 so far but nothing showed up. Only the "Play DS2 for the first time" and I already got got my credit for that too.

Kiru

Still no Portal 2 rewards. :( Sent a ticket, but no response so far.

I also didn't get them. Page said 8 hours left and I thought maybe if the sync process takes place after those 8 hours I wouldn't get them, but that would be stupid, achievements have a time tracking. Looks like it's a common problem right now with Portal 2 and Dark Souls 2. :/

fantomena

I have 1 achievement from Blackguards and 1 from DS2 which I got 1 and 2 days ago, neither has shown up. Hoping they do soon.

Xyber

Oh, just noticed it has updated my stuff after a couple of days. Free moneh!

M1gw6Uj.png

Your rewards don't expire at the end of the month, do they? The way they're sorted by month, I suddenly started wondering.

Nope! As far as I can tell you get to keep them until you spend them. I've never had any rewards disappear and I've been in the program since it launched its beta in January.

Nope! As far as I can tell you get to keep them until you spend them. I've never had any rewards disappear and I've been in the program since it launched its beta in January.

Sweet, I'm saving up for that TItanfall season pass. Hoping for a sale, but I'm already at €15 anyway.

Tizoc

At worst, the credit expires in 1 year from the time you get them. Of course it's very possible you'll spend it on some stuff you want over the next few months what with sales and the like coming along ;P

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Getting the impression that everything is super slow to update. Got some DkS II achievements days ago, but nothing has updated yet.

New reards are in:

• Battlepillars Gold Edition - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Block Story™ - play for the first time - £0.10
  • FarSky - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Millennium - A New Hope - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Millennium - A New Hope - unlock Discovering Myst - £0.10
  • Millennium - A New Hope - unlock Progressive Gamer - £0.25
  • Millennium - A New Hope - unlock Bear King Slaughterer - £0.50
  • Narcissu 1st & 2nd - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Rabbit Hole 3D: Steam Edition - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Rabbit Hole 3D: Steam Edition - unlock LINE - £0.10
  • Rabbit Hole 3D: Steam Edition - unlock ROLL PRACTICE - £0.25
  • Rabbit Hole 3D: Steam Edition - unlock 500 ATTEMPTS - £0.50
  • The Promised Land - play for the first time - £0.10

Millennium has been featured on multiple bundles. Here's hoping they add Steam keys soon!

Jawmuncher

New reards are in:

• Battlepillars Gold Edition - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Block Story™ - play for the first time - £0.10
  • FarSky - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Millennium - A New Hope - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Millennium - A New Hope - unlock Discovering Myst - £0.10
  • Millennium - A New Hope - unlock Progressive Gamer - £0.25
  • Millennium - A New Hope - unlock Bear King Slaughterer - £0.50
    [*]Narcissu 1st & 2nd - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Rabbit Hole 3D: Steam Edition - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Rabbit Hole 3D: Steam Edition - unlock LINE - £0.10
  • Rabbit Hole 3D: Steam Edition - unlock ROLL PRACTICE - £0.25
  • Rabbit Hole 3D: Steam Edition - unlock 500 ATTEMPTS - £0.50
  • The Promised Land - play for the first time - £0.10

Millenium has been featured on multiple bundles. Here's hoping they add Steam keys soon!

Already started would have been a nice easy .10

Top Bottom