• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation’s 3.50 system software update out tomorrow

spectator

Yeah its in the settings then automatic updates under the ps plus section it should say to the extent of push auto updates for games its probably my favorite feature no waiting ever.

Yes, I have mine set to auto-update. However, the problem is that I regularly have some games that, for whatever reason, don't auto-update, despite the setting. Whenever I manually check for updates, I always get a few (including some that are definitely more than 24-hours old). What I want is a button that lets me check all titles at once instead of individually checking each title by hand.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Yes, I have mine set to auto-update. However, the problem is that I regularly have some games that, for whatever reason, don't auto-update, despite the setting. Whenever I manually check for updates, I always get a few (including some that are definitely more than 24-hours old). What I want is a button that lets me check all titles at once instead of individually checking each title by hand.

I think it only checks the last 10-20 titles played. It won't autoupdate old games you have no started in a long long time. I guess to cut down on bandwidth usage.

Remote play worked fairly well. Played some disgaea, was a few hickups including one where the sound did the stuttering cd trick but overall it worked ok.

Have two monitors so if I want to play a slow ps4 title and watch something on netflix this could come in handy.

Are you sure you don't have a Vita/PS TV on standby mode or something? Because I've added myself on an alt account and it does indeed shows me as offline.

Positive i mean ill try again when im home but as far as i could tell it was just yellow by my name on his list the bubble had a - in it

Fliesen

Remote Play is great!

yup
FeFYbwo.jpg

works nicely.
i'm gonna be able to farm so many more trophies!

Ken Adams

Positive i mean ill try again when im home but as far as i could tell it was just yellow by my name on his list the bubble had a - in it

me and the gf both have a ps4 and its def working for us. we cant see each other online, no yellow bubble on her name either.

OmegaX0

Vita is weird, sometimes it doesn't sign you out correctly and shows you as away for some time even if the system isn't connected to the internet.

Paasei

Even without using the remote play app, will the Dualshock 4 controller now be supported for Windows overall? Even with it's actual layout, or will it still show Xbox buttons?

spectator

I think it only checks the last 10-20 titles played. It won't autoupdate old games you have no started in a long long time. I guess to cut down on bandwidth usage.

Thanks. All I want is a way that, when I go back to manually update those titles I haven't started in a while, I can do it with one button press instead of a 10-minute (and growing) session of clicking in and out of every game on the machine.

MrBenchmark

Woke up thinking hey maybe today I'll be surprised and things will work great. WRONG! Remote play is still the same as it is on the PSTV just as I feared. Destiny is headache inducing and just not really playable. Why man why. I can play destiny all day long from my Xbox one to my tablet zero issues yet it's a headache inducing mess with PlayStation remote play.

So then on my PC

Intel 4770K
12gb ram
Gigabit mic
Crossfire
You get the picture

A LITTLE better but still glitchy especially at 720p and high settings

Destiny is still not very playable here.

I'm not happy and am done messing with this for the day.

Ill turn both on and signout im glad it works was gonna be super pissed if they gave us the ps3 treatment

Weird same thing is happening to me I get the yellow away button instead of the red x. I know it works though because on my other accounts when I set them to offline I get the red x its just not working for my main account. It might have to do with my PS vita though thinking I'm still online so ill just keep messing around with it and see.

Lucifon

Woke up thinking hey maybe today I'll be surprised and things will work great. WRONG! Remote play is still the same as it is on the PSTV just as I feared. Destiny is headache inducing and just not really playable. Why man why. I can play destiny all day long from my Xbox one to my tablet zero issues yet it's a headache inducing mess with PlayStation remote play.

So then on my PC

Intel 4770K
12gb ram
Gigabit mic
Crossfire
You get the picture

Remote play has always been pretty crap for me too. It's not even a comparison between it and Xbox Streaming or Steam Streaming, both of which run absolutely flawlessly with almost no noticeable input delay. Feels like it hasn't been improved since it launched whereas others have surpassed it.

neoism

fuuuuuu yesssss
they fixed the media player....
You can play music and skip through albums without suspending your game, as it was before Sony got rid of it a while back! Of all the amazing features this update has, this made my day lol!

fuuuuuu yesssss
the fixed media player....
You can play music and skip through albums without suspending your game, as it was before Sony got rid of it a while back! Of all the amazing features this update has, this made my day lol!

Thank fuck for that.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Thanks. All I want is a way that, when I go back to manually update those titles I haven't started in a while, I can do it with one button press instead of a 10-minute (and growing) session of clicking in and out of every game on the machine.

Can't you go into the options for a game and select check for updates (the triangle menu)? Does it not work for older games, say at the tail end of the library?

Reule

Haven't played around with it too much but I'm happy how they implemented friend notifications. Wish they let you select which friends you'd want to see join parties. Always that one friend struggling to deal with party NAT issues who keeps rejoining to get it to work.

Speaking of, was friends joining parties notification turned off by default for anyone after this update?

Still have the issue of not seeing message notifications. Had two people accuse me of lagging and cheating on MGO. Pretty rude to not get back to them right away.

Yazuka

Am I doing something wrong? I can't seem to get the USB music player to work?
It's just the same old media player, that shuts down as soon as I try to launch it from a game.

spectator

Can't you go into the options for a game and select check for updates (the triangle menu)? Does it not work for older games, say at the tail end of the library?

Yes, I can and do. What I want to be able to do is check for updates for all games with a single button-press, not check game by game.

Davide

I keep losing connection on my 2015 Macbook Pro when I start using the controller, even on low settings. It's fine until I actually log in with the controller. Worse than Vita so far...

EDIT: Moving closer to the router helped.

Oppo

So then on my PC

Intel 4770K
12gb ram
Gigabit mic
Crossfire
You get the picture

you must have something up with your networking. we have enough people using this that we know it should work pretty well. maybe try swapping routers or something.

Melchiah

That's just natural. When Sony switched the network to 3.50 required, millions of PS4s were instantly disconnected. Many of these haven't installed the update yet, so the network is just much less crowded for a very short while. It will become the same as before in a matter of minutes to hours.

Tested is again just now, at 9pm, and it's still the same.

w6uP8XLl.jpg

MrBenchmark

you must have something up with your networking. we have enough people using this that we know it should work pretty well. maybe try swapping routers or something.

NO. For one i setup networks for a living. two, I have a new Netgear nighthawk router configured properly and my entire house is wired Gigabit with netgear business class switches. My internet is 105Mbps service and everything else functions properly INCLUDING playing remotely from my xbox one which i do all the time! i play 70% of this last weeks iron banner on my win 10 tablet and averaged a 1.62 K/D yet playing destiny even patrol remotely with PS4 is laggy.

I love how I must be making this up yet tons of people have the same issues the Sony support forum are full of remote play gripes that go back to it's inception.

Davide

Mac

• A computer with either of the following operating systems.
• OS X Yosemite
• OS X El Capitan
• Intel Core i5-520M Processor 2.40 GHz or faster
• 40 MB or more of available storage
• 2 GB or more of RAM
• USB port
Weird, I have an i7 2.2 GHz, is that worse? Are MacBooks just not fast enough?

My Remote Play keeps disconnecting when I connect the DS4, except for one time when I was able to play The Witcher for ten minutes before I quit the app.

Jellzy

Neo Member
I'm a little suprised that so many folk seem to be having issues with remote play.

Local network, Asus DSL-AC68U, Wired PS4 (Gb) with Laptop on Wireless (54g). 720/60 with what looks to be 1 frame delay. Same as I get with the android app on my phone and that's 802.11ac.

Oppo

NO. For one i setup networks for a living. two, I have a new Netgear nighthawk router configured properly and my entire house is wired Gigabit with netgear business class switches. My internet is 105Mbps service and everything else functions properly INCLUDING playing remotely from my xbox one which i do all the time! i play 70% of this last weeks iron banner on my win 10 tablet and averaged a 1.62 K/D yet playing destiny even patrol remotely with PS4 is laggy.

I love how I must be making this up yet tons of people have the same issues the Sony support forum are full of remote play gripes that go back to it's inception.

sorry. was just trying to help. guess you're cursed. unless you have a theory? because it's clearly working for the majority in this thread, and the other. hope you figure it out.

Daft Punk

Banned
Yeah I'm pretty sure the connection test is improved. Mine is relative accurate now as well.

I had my PS4 connected to the modem at my friend's house and was getting about 62mbps consistently. Would be nice to know if were actually getting better connections.

MrBenchmark

sorry. was just trying to help. guess you're cursed. unless you have a theory? because it's clearly working for the majority in this thread, and the other. hope you figure it out.

its not you man it's just for as many people here say it works fine there are twice as many in other places including sony's own support forum having issues.

look at the difference in CPU usage between the Xbox and playstation apps.

PSremote%20play.png

xbox%20stream1.png

xbox%20stream%202.png

Weird same thing is happening to me I get the yellow away button instead of the red x. I know it works though because on my other accounts when I set them to offline I get the red x its just not working for my main account. It might have to do with my PS vita though thinking I'm still online so ill just keep messing around with it and see.

It was my vita i had cut the wifi off thinking it would kick me offline turns out you have to literally sign out got the red x now

Top Bottom