• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation 4 Firmware 4.0 beta registration now open

Alpende

I hope it's not more social stuff or stickers. Do people actually use stickers?

Anyway, I'd really like folders for games and friends. I really want to sort my friends in people I know irl, people I play with in certain games, people from forums such as GAF etc. Sony pls.

I hope we actually get something good like External HDD support for games

PSN Name change is probably a pipe dream

Folders or some sort of organization is a must but who knows?

Better media player wouldn't be bad.

Hiding things would be great too in the library

bombshell

Just remembered this survey:

PS4-Firmware-Update-4.0-Survey-screenshot-700x482.png

So I think at least some of the still missing features on there must be on their roadmap for this 4.0 update.

5taquitos

Just remembered this survey:

PS4-Firmware-Update-4.0-Survey-screenshot-700x482.png

So I think at least some of the still missing features on there must be on their roadmap for this 4.0 update.

I still believe that email was fake. Only one person here seemed to receive it, and everywhere else on the 'net pointed to that thread for proof. It just reads like a fantasy wishlist.

Mindlog

Would be nice if we could sort the TV&Video app tab.
They probably won't lets us get rid of the ads, but could they at least let me get rid of the second Youtube instance? Also let me get rid of the stupid ads that are in the way. I know I am paying for Powers, but I have no interest in watching.

cchum

I tried to make submit some ideas on playstation blog share, but it doesn't show as an "idea". This happen to anyone else.

Popsickles

Whether it's a bug or side effect doesn't matter. It hampers the user experience, therefor it needs attention.
Don't think there would be much they could do except maybe release an app that could shuffle installed games to the beginning of the disk (bit like disc optimisation in windows) to take up the slack space leaving larger free space.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
I still believe that email was fake. Only one person here seemed to receive it, and everywhere else on the 'net pointed to that thread for proof. It just reads like a fantasy wishlist.

Pretty sure there was a link and everything.

DryvBy

Based on previous updates...thats more than likely is the main feature of 4.0 sigh..

I'm pretty sure I filled that Q&A out or one similar....don't know.

I'm thinking I filled this out too actually. I wonder if I can find it in my email since I rarely delete things.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
I wish there were more playback options with Blu Rays as the audio mix is horrific when I play movies through the PS4.

I think that problem might be on your end, what kind of options are you looking for?

5taquitos

Based on previous updates...thats more than likely is the main feature of 4.0 sigh..

I'm pretty sure I filled that Q&A out or one similar....don't know.

I'm thinking I filled this out too actually. I wonder if I can find it in my email since I rarely delete things.

If you could corroborate it, I'll gladly eat my words. No one did in the original thread...

Nyoro SF

Please give me organization options for the Home screen so it doesn't look like a disaster area. Really the UI needs improvement in more areas than that but I'm not gonna waste any more breath if they can't get it right this far in.

LAA

Hoping for folders and/or trophy progress bars like Xbox one or steam achievements mainly.
Would love PS3 BC like X1 BC too, but probably won't happen.

Hoping for folders and/or trophy progress bars like Xbox one or steam achievements mainly.

PS3 BC will never happen. The cell architecture was WAY too complex for the PS4 to emulate

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
If you could corroborate it, I'll gladly eat my words. No one did in the original thread...
Well the only problem with that is that Emails don't contain the questionnaires, but I can tell I've done 3 this year.
In fact I did one last week.

AndyD

aka andydumi

I think a dev mentioned the trophy progress bars is not something that can be implemented with the current trophy backend. At least not retroactively.

I think a dev mentioned the trophy progress bars is not something that can be implemented with the current trophy backend. At least not retroactively.

But they have percentages..... Surely they can just take that percentage and add on a bar to it.....

5taquitos

But they have percentages..... Surely they can just take that percentage and add on a bar to it.....

The current percentage is for the total number of trophies out of the set you have earned, while a trophy progress bar would track say "912 out of 10,000 zombies killed" for a specific trophy, which is apparently not possible with the current trophy tech.

Unless I'm misunderstanding.

The current percentage is for the total number of trophies out of the set you have earned, while a trophy progress bar would track say "912 out of 10,000 zombies killed" for a specific trophy, which is apparently not possible with the current trophy tech.

Unless I'm misunderstanding.

Ah, no, I think you're right. I was the one misunderstanding.

J 0 E

I'm using both PS4 / XBO (preview) constantly and see the XBO's OS is better in terms of function, shortcuts and options

the only advantage the PS4's OS have is the overall speed / stability + sharing capability

they should add

- external HDD
- folders + favorite pins
- PSN ID change < kind of a service feature not the system's OS
- faster store

that's all for me.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
So why should I sign up? I don't even know what's in it.

Nobody says you should.

But for the sake of argument, if you do not like the features enough to want to install it, you do not have to. You just will have to when it goes live for everyone out of beta. ;)

PS4 does not have HDMI 2.0 or HDCP 2.2. End of story.

PS4 and XB1 are called UHD capable by Sony, Microsoft and a testing lab. HDCP2.2 takes place in the trust zone TEE and the PS4 HAS A CUSTOM HDMI chip. Start of story.

A BD-R drive (PS4) CAN READ A UHD disk.

DieH@rd

Banned
PS4 and XB1 are called UHD capable by Sony, Microsoft and a testing lab.

Because they CAN reproduce 4K at 30hz [upper limit of HDMI 1.4]. This makes jack shit to regular users who want to use Netflix/UHD BD 4K content [which require latest HDCP].

End of story, again.

bitbydeath

A bit of PSVR stuff crept into the last big FW update. 4.0 will probably bring full functionality. In the interest of full and comprehensive testing, it's only right Sony send all successful beta applicants a free PSVR headset to make sure it's all working.

I'm waiting Sony........

Was also going to write this.

Top Bottom