• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation 4 hits 35.9 million sold through to end users

malfcn

Decent. Impressive.

I've had a ps4 for a year now, and not played it once. Need to play The Last of Us will.

oti

Banned
Its cool and all, but i dont understand why its still selling so well.

I mean since its launch, nothing really improved in OS or Services aka PSN. Some of the first Party games for my taste are really uninteresting and really dont provide much if you are multiplayer gamer.

I mean XboxOne IMO does it way better at the moment. Monthly OS Updates, we got a completly redesigned and faster UI, BC and the Games with Gold selection is way better too over the month and with BC even better.

Sure its great that its selling well, but i really cant understand it. Sure the Hardware is better. But cmon nobody can deny that Sony is really lazy so far.

That really didn't take long, did it?

(And "we"? Come on.)

Horizon is not mentioned in the press release for upcoming games...

Probably doesn't mean anything though.

It's gonna be 2017. I remember the post-E3 interview in which the dev stated they were hoping for a 2016 release. That pretty much cements it as a 2017 release for me.

PS4 is officially the most successful console ever with no games.

i-see-what-you-did-there.gif

Eggbok

I mean since its launch, nothing really improved in OS or Services aka PSN. Some of the first Party games for my taste are really uninteresting and really dont provide much if you are multiplayer gamer.

I mean XboxOne IMO does it way better at the moment. Monthly OS Updates, we got a completly redesigned and faster UI, BC and the Games with Gold selection is way better too over the month and with BC even better.

Sure its great that its selling well, but i really cant understand it. Sure the Hardware is better. But cmon nobody can deny that Sony is really lazy so far.

I like how you said "We", who is we? The other xWarriors?
chansub-global-emoticon-ddc6e3a8732cb50f-25x28.png

DieH@rd

Banned
To put this into perspective...

They achieved 30.2M sold through by Nov 22, which is well into the final quarter of the 2016... and then in the following ~five weeks they sold another 5.7M. Phenomenal.

Plus, they surely have 1-1.5M consoles on shelves, so quarterly shipped number will be higher.

oggob

There must be an error somewhere, I don't get what that software number refers to XD

2 refers to the holiday period forr each territory

3 refers to a total of 35 million software units sold across physical and digital between the mentioned dates also.

ps3ud0

Should have gone with XO got
robbed

ps3ud0 8)

I've bolded the problematic sections for you.

AZ Greg

Relax. Go play some Halo.

LifEndz

Wow. Sold through? Good lord. Gratz Sony. This gen was a referendum on what Gamers want and value in a console.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
2 refers to the holiday period forr each territory

3 refers to a total of 35 million software units sold across physical and digital between the mentioned dates also.

Yeah, 2* and 3* can be confusing, but the press release itself clearly specifies

PLAYSTATION®4 (PS4™) SELLS THROUGH 5.7 MILLION UNITS
WORLDWIDE DURING THE 2015 HOLIDAY SEASON
PS4 Software Sell through 35 Million over the Same Period,
PlayStation®Plus Subscribers Increase by 60% at the end of 2015

This means PS4 had a 6.14 tie ratio between November 22nd/23rd and January 2nd/3rd

Tecnniqe

Banned
To put this into perspective...

They achieved 30.2M sold through by Nov 22, which is well into the final quarter of the 2016... and then in the following ~five weeks they sold another 5.7M. Phenomenal.

Plus, they surely have 1-1.5M consoles on shelves, so quarterly shipped number will be higher.

Yeah Sony been killing it. Quite amazing and perhaps the reason we see so many games being announced for Win10 by MS.

Im curious if the rise will continue in 2016 or dip off.

Bosox3

Banned
Sony loves to toss their numbers out every chance they get. We all get it. They sold a TON of consoles...now how about they fix their network and put out some damn games.

Tell me more, please! :D

On toppic, well deserved Sony! Right out of the gate the massage was for the players and it payed off!!!

Top Bottom