• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation 5 [OT] Taking Over The World One SSD At A Time

R6Rider

Gold Member
Last edited:

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
I am considering getting ps5 fat just to keep it boxed.
This is one of last months to get new fat ps5.
You look how much new old stock ps3 are. But I doubt ps5 will ever be this collectible.

Parental Control on PS5 not working for me.Added one of already existed accounts as a child account in PS app,entered birthday and timezone,set "log out" when playtime ends,and restricted playtime on 15 mins just to check how works.Played a couple of games for about 1 hour,and nothing happens.
Simply does not work,playtime in Family management on PS app stays at zero.Any suggestions?

Celcius

°Temp. member
If I test my wifi on my pc or my iphone then I get like 200+ mbs but on my ps5 I'm getting like 80 mbs. Does this happen to anyone else and is there anything you can do?

edit: I found my answer here:

"Old thread but in case anyone sees this: play around with the "Wi-Fi Frequency Bands" (Network->Settings->Set Up Internet Connection->press Options button). It was set to "Automatic" by default, had about 30 mbps and was lagging all over the place. Changed it to "5 GHz" and the 3 tests after gave me 175, 221, and 177 mbps. No issues since."

After going into the options to change the wifi to 5ghz now I'm getting 240 mbs just like on my other devices.

Last edited:

King Dazzar

Does anyone get occasional explanation mark network error notifications with PS5 when downloading games? Its occasional for me and is always fixed by just clicking on the error and telling it to resume. But annoying nonetheless. Its wired and I have fibre broadband with no other issues anywhere else on any other devices. Just the PS5. Been like it since new.

Cheers.

Zheph

Does anyone get occasional explanation mark network error notifications with PS5 when downloading games? Its occasional for me and is always fixed by just clicking on the error and telling it to resume. But annoying nonetheless. Its wired and I have fibre broadband with no other issues anywhere else on any other devices. Just the PS5. Been like it since new.

Cheers.
any screenshot or error code? never got it I think

King Dazzar

Here you go mate:
as12H6C.png

King Dazzar

Try using cabled connection to the router, if possible.
Yeah its using CAT8 to the router and I've fibre to the wall. I've also tried switching off wired and using 5Ghz wifi a couple of days ago and got an error after it had successfully downloaded about 20 items. As soon as you press resume on the download after the error, its fine again. It comes across as a server side error to me . I'm in the UK. No other issues on all my other devices. 🤷‍♂️

Forth

Cheers.
Yes, I get this sometimes too and don't know why.
Honestly it doesn't really bother me, I just resume like you.

Spyxos

Gold Member
My newish black Ps5 controller is broken. I'm supposed to enter the serial number on the back for the repair, but it's not readable because the paint has come off. I can't get any further without the serial number. Any ideas?

Last edited:

Celcius

°Temp. member
My newish black Ps5 controller is broken. I'm supposed to enter the serial number on the back for the repair, but it's not readable because the paint has come off. I can't get any further without the serial number. Any ideas?
Just out of curiosity, what's wrong with it?

I'm guessing this a different custom to my own. If this was near new in my country and it stopped working I would just return it to the store with the receipt.

King Dazzar

Latest firmware released. Superb that we can now dim the power LED.
  • Controller speaker enhancements. The controller speakers can now produce higher volume sound, allowing you to hear in-game sounds and voice chat audio more clearly.
  • Improved noise cancellation. The mic input quality on these controllers has been improved, courtesy of a new AI machine learning model. Background noise from button presses and game audio are suppressed, resulting in a better voice chat experience.
  • Players watching Share Screen in full screen mode can now use pointers and emoji reactions to interact with the host’s gameplay.
  • You can now adjust the brightness of your PS5 console’s power indicator.
  • Unicode 15.1 emoji is supported. You can now use them in messages.
  • We've updated the device software of the DualSense and DualSense Edge wireless controllers, PlayStation VR2 headset, PlayStation VR2 Sense controllers, and Access controller to improve stability.
  • We've improved system software performance and stability.
  • We've improved the messages and usability on some screens.
  • Additionally, later this month a PlayStation App update will enable users to enjoy Share Screen interactions on the app as well.

Last edited:

Celcius

°Temp. member
Latest firmware released. Superb that we can now dim the power LED.
  • Controller speaker enhancements. The controller speakers can now produce higher volume sound, allowing you to hear in-game sounds and voice chat audio more clearly.
  • Improved noise cancellation. The mic input quality on these controllers has been improved, courtesy of a new AI machine learning model. Background noise from button presses and game audio are suppressed, resulting in a better voice chat experience.
  • Players watching Share Screen in full screen mode can now use pointers and emoji reactions to interact with the host’s gameplay.
  • You can now adjust the brightness of your PS5 console’s power indicator.
  • Unicode 15.1 emoji is supported. You can now use them in messages.
  • We've updated the device software of the DualSense and DualSense Edge wireless controllers, PlayStation VR2 headset, PlayStation VR2 Sense controllers, and Access controller to improve stability.
  • We've improved system software performance and stability.
  • We've improved the messages and usability on some screens.
  • Additionally, later this month a PlayStation App update will enable users to enjoy Share Screen interactions on the app as well.
Nice, thanks for sharing the notes. Now I've got my console and controller LED's set to dim.

King Dazzar

my plus finally lapsed....any good deals?
So did mine. I'm actually enjoying seeing all the buy options return that before were hidden on some games. I'll likely just do a month here and there.

But back to your question you can get up to 12% off of PSN gift cards, which means you could stuff some money into your account wallet and buy from that.

DonF

So did mine. I'm actually enjoying seeing all the buy options return that before were hidden on some games. I'll likely just do a month here and there.

But back to your question you can get up to 12% off of PSN gift cards, which means you could stuff some money into your account wallet and buy from that.
mine lapsed the final days of febraury, after I bought like 3 years for $50... I was thinking about not subbing but I want to play sifu...
back to the question.... awesome, where?? thanks in advance.

King Dazzar

mine lapsed the final days of febraury, after I bought like 3 years for $50... I was thinking about not subbing but I want to play sifu...
back to the question.... awesome, where?? thanks in advance.
I'm in the UK and use ShopTo and CD Keys. Just make sure its a key site you find to be trustworthy. Also, here in the Uk on PSN there's a limit to how much you can have in your wallet. iirc I think it was around £140 total max wallet amount. So dont go too mad with them.

FrankWza

I am no longer under warranty. The controller is just 1 year old.... and will not be repaired.
Did you at least attempt to reach out to them before the year expired? Let them know you called beforehand and you were unable to check the serial number and that you had to figure out that it is scannable on your own.

Spyxos

Gold Member
Did you at least attempt to reach out to them before the year expired? Let them know you called beforehand and you were unable to check the serial number and that you had to figure out that it is scannable on your own.
No, I called them shortly afterwards. But I've now found out how to charge the broken controller... The console must be off, then connect the controller via USB and then turn the console on and then it charges, but only like this. It won't charge anywhere else. And no other method works.

Last edited:

FrankWza

No, I called them shortly afterwards. But I've now found out how to charge the broken controller... The console must be off, then connect the controller via USB and then turn the console on and then it charges, but only like this. It won't charge anywhere else. And no other method works.
Thats odd. Is the firmware on the controller up to date?

Spyxos

Gold Member
I tried several that were lying around here. As I said, the controller is stubborn, and only wants to be loaded this one way :) I'm curious to see how long it will last.

cjp

Yes, if the game would benefit from VRR.
Ah, so more of a check each game and turn it off and on when required?

If results are that variable it’s a shame you can’t toggle it on a per game basis and that we have to make do with the global on/off switch.

King Dazzar

Ah, so more of a check each game and turn it off and on when required?

If results are that variable it’s a shame you can’t toggle it on a per game basis and that we have to make do with the global on/off switch.
It depends on your set up. YMMV on how your TV handles VRR. So for games that dont require VRR, you may prefer it disabled. Generally I prefer VRR disabled unless needed. But thats my personal preference. You may decide you like to leave it always on.

Reactions: cjp
Alright, dudes and dudettes, I'm contemplating getting a PS5 soon-ish (I still can't get over the unaesthetic design though). Is there anything you'd recommend I should be aware of hardware-wise?

Last edited:

Celcius

°Temp. member
Alright, dudes and dudettes, I'm contemplating getting a PS5 soon-ish (I still can't get over the unaesthetic design though). Is there anything you'd recommend I should be aware of hardware-wise?
Not planning to wait for the Pro at this point?

Top Bottom