• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale Discussion Thread 2 (read OP first)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeroAKA

I just placed my preorder thanks to the Newegg coupon and Kat rumors. I'm definitely using Kat as my main if the rumors are true.

If Kat ends up not being in the roster, I will cancel my order.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
That and a comparison to the leaked stage image.

leak1leka.png

Even beyond what was circled, the water is closer to the surface on the left side (but not the right), the waves in the water are slightly different, the grass beneath the 3 black spiral plants is gone, all the plants look thinner/sharper despite the picture being zoomed in and blurry, the bubbles are gone, the red berries are gone.

If it were a hoax that guy really covered a lot of bases even though Locoroco's artstyle makes photoshop edits extremely easy to do.

(edited with more changes I saw)

Noi

Yeah, it's hard to pinpoint whether it's a fake simply because Loco Roco's stages are dynamic and shifting. Also, keep in mind that the Shadow of the Colossus mashup is already in effect, and the mashups usually change the stage drastically (with one or two exceptions).

I don't mean to sound like a downer, but I just don't think that pic's real. I don't know, even if it were say Sora, I'd still have my doubts based on the choice of stage as well as the half-assed looking stage cross-over.

I hope I'm wrong cause I'd like to see Kat in this game even though I've never played her game.

J-Tier

Even beyond what was circled, the water is closer to the surface on the left side (but not the right), the waves in the water are slightly different, the grass beneath the 3 black spiral plants is gone, all the plants look thinner/sharper despite the picture being zoomed in and blurry, the bubbles are gone, the red berries are gone.

If it were a hoax that guy really covered a lot of bases even though Locoroco's artstyle makes photoshop edits extremely easy to do.

(edited with more changes I saw)

Yeah, the changes would have to be really thought out if it were a hoax. But it's looking pretty real to me, and may make sense if someone were trying to grab a pic secretly in their studio. Though, the website page image has me raising eyebrows, the other pic is pretty convincing, despite its blurriness.

This thread is the only thing keeping me up as I wait for a cast list to be posted...We need to move quicker. Discuss something intriguing! Go! Now!
KAT

Mush

I give this looney bin a break for a day, and you guys fail to coax out 30 more characters?

You're all nothing to me!

J-Tier

Wait a minute. The Kat leak is fake?

tumblr_m90b8myOHf1qeaevto4_250.gif

I was so hyped! :(

I don't think it was debunked. The blurry one is very interesting...though the website screenshot is looking (to me) fake.

Anyways, I don't doubt Kat being announced at TGS anymore.

Noi

Wait a minute. The Kat leak is fake?

I was so hyped! :(

Still up in the air. The only thing that makes me think it's fake is Kat herself, but the rest of the stage is very likely real. As confusing as that sentence may be. The website one is much more likely to be fake, anyway.

Edit: Triple beaten. :(

LuuKyK

Oh, ok. I thought it was confirmed to be fake. My bad. But man, I don't think we will have new characters anyway. We may be setting ourselves for disappointment. :| Better lower our hype/expectations so that if anything new is announced at least we will be surprised.
for once

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
This thread is the only thing keeping me up as I wait for a cast list to be posted...We need to move quicker. Discuss something intriguing! Go! Now!
KAT

But we've been discussing everything for 27,500 posts + all the other boards. Its getting hard.

I could try to pretend to hate Kat, but CC already tried that and failed due to extreme positivity and respect from the Kat crowd.

Well I have a high off playing Hatsune Miku Project Diva F on Vita. So why not her for PSAS! She is practically sony exclusive.

Just one condition. No one can hurt her. That'd just be wrong.

KalBalboa

Banned
I wouldn't put a ton of stock into comparing these screens to what was leaked from the beta.

If the images were from a version of the game made months and months ago there's really no telling just how much could change. It's also worth considering that the stage itself is likely malleable, thanks to the LocoRoco "living stage" factor.

I'm hopeful this is real- she'd be an awesome addition.

Why haven't we made like...a ton of fake Jen Tate pics. We're slackin Gaf

That joke is dead, fella. I'm pretty tired so I'm low on humor. End the Jen Tate crap.

Noi

But we've been discussing everything for 27,500 posts + all the other boards. Its getting hard.

I could try to pretend to hate Kat, but CC already tried that and failed due to extreme positivity and respect from the Kat crowd.

Well I have a high off playing Hatsune Miku Project Diva F on Vita. So why not her for PSAS! She is practically sony exclusive.

90Uok.jpg

It'd be a surprise character no one expected AND would guarantee that the game sells in Japan. It's foolproof!

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
I wouldn't put a ton of stock into comparing these screens to what was leaked from the beta.

If the images were from a version of the game made months and months ago there's really no telling just how much could change. It's also worth considering that the stage itself is likely malleable, thanks to the LocoRoco "living stage" factor.

I'm hopeful this is real.

But that's the whole point of what makes it real. A hoaxer usually isn't going to fabricate the changes. Usually they just use what's already there and just photoshop a couple things into it. Not change the stage drastically.

Drago

But she's not a PS icon!!!1!

HardRojo

If she magically gets in then by all means make her the default training room dummy, I'd love to kick her ass around, she deserves it.

KalBalboa

Banned
But that's the whole point of what makes it real. A hoaxer usually isn't going to fabricate the changes. Usually they just use what's already there and just photoshop a couple things into it. Not change the stage drastically.

Yeah, but that means it can go either way, unfortunately. It could be the result of clever or lazy shopping or simply differences in the final/current version of the stage. It's too hypothetical (if I'm using the term correctly).

J-Tier

Just to stir up conversation...what characters would you personally NOT want to see in the game?

In my opinion, it would be awful to get a Marvel character. I remember people wanting Deadpool, or Spidey in the game, and I love the characters and all...but they aren't even video game characters.

B.O.O.M

Just to stir up conversation...what characters would you personally NOT want to see in the game?

In my opinion, it would be awful to get a Marvel character. I remember people wanting Deadpool, or Spidey in the game, and I love the characters and all...but they aren't even video game characters.

James Bond

yes even more so than a COD character, James Bond would just blow

Another thing I thought of...the lack of whining about Crash from IGN makes me think they might 'know' something. 'wishfulthinking.jpeg'

james bond. -_-

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, but that means it can go either way, unfortunately. It could be the result of clever or lazy shopping or simply differences in the final/current version of the stage. It's too hypothetical (if I'm using the term correctly).

I guess I don't understand what you mean. Why would more changes, and thus more work on the hoaxer, make it more likely that its a fake?

But she's not a PS icon!!!1!

She's a japanese pop icon. 83 million people heard her music on the Nyan Cat video alone, and she's gotten her start on playstation and mostly have only been on it.

If she magically gets in then by all means make her the default training room dummy, I'd love to kick her ass around, she deserves it.

Why would you say such a thing?

Noi

I'd be pretty awful if Cole got another playable ve-... shit.

Well, I detest the character redesign, so it'd be bad if Capcom only let Superbot use the-... dammit.

Considering how many current gen character there are in, it'd kind suck if they had to use someone from one of their more unpopular IPs this ge-... FUCK.

I already went through all the phases of that. :V

J-Tier

Because I hater her
fans
with a passion, you'd understand if you ever came to Peru... Miku might be nice herself but her fans here... you better not find out :/

Always thought it was weird how popular Miku was over in various regions of Central/South America. I know a few people from Venezuela who are Miku fanatics.

Anyways, I personally think it'd be weird to get Miku as a character. Though it would definitely sell copies.

Raonak

Banned
I want abe.

would fit in perfectly since he came from a 2d platformer. and you can have all his attacks be summoning and possessing the oddworld enemies.

shrykull for lv3 super.

Jawmuncher

Always thought it was weird how popular Miku was over in various regions of Central/South America. I know a few people from Venezuela who are Miku fanatics.

Anyways, I personally think it'd be weird to get Miku as a character. Though it would definitely sell copies.

Were pretty low on females and she helped a lot on PSP, so hell she can almost be a PSP rep.

Takao

Banned

35EHz.jpg

Jawmuncher

The only character I don't want to see in the game is already in it.
I'm sorry but personally i'd prefer just about any female rep over fat princess.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Fine if you guys are going to get all whiney about one little nintendo game, you know who has never betrayed Sony?

3704962189_b7325007d6.jpg

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lyhecrT9Ek1qec94o.jpg[img][/QUOTE]

We should just pack up and go to the Smash Bros topic. They'll appreciate our anime ladies.

edit: also how the hell did they put Xenosaga 1 and 2 on the ds?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom