• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale Discussion Thread 2 (read OP first)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I recall an option to make Super (1) blockable.

Do you guys think the game would be better if Super 1's were blockable by default? Make it so that it takes a chunk of your AP (and thus, requires a certain amount of AP to successfully fend off, allowing you to consider the risk of timing a dodge or wasting your own gain). For some reason, I think it'd make 1v1 more fun, too.

New? Does this essentially confirm the on-disc roster size? I was browsing CAG and this ad came up (it linked to the Amazon preorder):

VtX22.jpg

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
Then they can use gyroscope and crap finally lol :p

So true!

I'm still not buying the leaked images, not because I don't think Kat is in the game, but because I just don't buy leaked images. Lol.

I think it's a given that Kat is in the game, since Omar himself has said a few times that he fricking loves Gravity Rush. I'm sure if he could get Kat in the game by release, he will do so.

The real question is, who else will be added to balance that out? Every character has a rival, and just Kat would skew the roster to 21. One extra character is needed to bring this up to 22. Personally, I'd love to see Jen Tate, or Max or Monica. Wander perhaps as well, if they give him a really cool move set.

Speaking of Wander, I played Shadow of the Colossus on my Vita through Remote Play last night, and that was...interesting. It was such a weird feeling to be curled up in the bed next to my wife, running around on Agro, and shooting fruit and lizards. Lol. There was some framerate issues, but I have shit internet, anyway. Still, pretty fricking sweet.

So true!

It was such a weird feeling to be curled up in the bed next to my wife, running around on Agro, and shooting fruit and lizards. Lol. There was some framerate issues, but I have shit internet, anyway. Still, pretty fricking sweet.

You: Hey baby, want to see a Colossi?
Wife: *Me Gusta*
You: *Pulls out VITA*

SmithnCo

Fight Guys in FFA, Fight Guys in Kill Limit, Fight Rival 1v1, Fight Guys in Stock, 2v2 against your rival and his/her partner, Polygon Man kills tag partner, Fight Polygon Man, Unlock Crash.

I forgot the part at the end where Snake rides a spinning Crash into the battlefield and shoots Polygonman with an RPG, and says "kept you waiting, huh?" Then it is revealed that Polygonman was just a puppet for the real final boss, Jen Tate, who is pissed to have been forgotten by Sony.

I forgot the part at the end where Snake rides a spinning Crash into the battlefield and shoots Polygonman with an RPG, and says "kept you waiting, huh?" Then it is revealed that Polygonman was just a puppet for the real final boss, Jen Tate, who is pissed to have been forgotten by Sony.

3NXbD.gif

SSReborn

New? Does this essentially confirm the on-disc roster size? I was browsing CAG and this ad came up (it linked to the Amazon preorder):

VtX22.jpg

Hopefully not, maybe they aren't going to be adding pre-order costumes for the rumored DLC characters who have hopefully been moved to on-disc.

Mik_Pad

Banned
I just noticed you can switch the character render to see the pre order costume of the 10 announced in the official PSASBR page, is this new?

KalBalboa

Banned
So, and I know I've asked this before and frankly forgotten, but how many events should we realistically expect All-Stars to be shown at?

Obviously TGS, but what about NYCC? Anything else?

Kat's probably in the game, but those "leaked" images are obviously fake. They were both posted by the same person. Am I supposed to believe that somebody not only got access to Kat in the game, but a nonexistent page from the official site as well? That's only conceivable if the the web designer did the leaking, and I'm sure he'd like to keep his job.

I dunno man. The previous website manager was probably fired because of that leak before with Ryu and stuff. If not, maybe he/she is leaking stuff again, but covering his/her tracks? Maybe they covered it up before, somehow.

I believe that it's real, this game can't have a character reveal that isn't ruined by leaks. Think about it, every single character reveal has been ruined by leaks.

Looking at Radec's alt, which makes me believe that Kat blur pic is real

It's either real, or one of the better fakes I have seen. Going through all that trouble to change the map like that on top of adding in all the characters and such would be pretty time consuming. However, people get off on fooling people so who knows.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
I dunno man. The previous website manager was probably fired because of that leak before with Ryu and stuff. If not, maybe he/she is leaking stuff again, but covering his/her tracks? Maybe they covered it up before, somehow.

I believe that it's real, this game can't have a character reveal that isn't ruined by leaks. Think about it, every single character reveal has been ruined by leaks.

To be fair all that leaked with Toro and Heihachi were paul gale hints that didn't really give it away. And nothing spoiled Jax or Good Cole, even though those were totally expected thanks to common sense.

B.O.O.M

There you go! :D

ダウンロード可能なコンテンツ

lol well that sure 'sounds' like it :p (yea used the translator to see how it sounds)

So gonna keep an ear out for that term now if they show Kat

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Just as an example of how to completely dispell something, when I put that crash into the google similar image search this came up. I'm sure there's a better image out there to disprove, but that alone dispels it and its not worth wasting more time on it. I didn't even have to remove the black background for this one like i did when i tried and failed to disprove Kat.

SSReborn

That and the fact that they are missing games that he has been in. Those being the Activision ones and I'm sure they wouldn't be happy with that.

Takao

Banned
Just as an example of how to completely dispell something, when I put that crash into the google similar image search this came up. I'm sure there's a better image out there to disprove, but that alone dispels it and its not worth wasting more time on it. I didn't even have to remove the black background for this one like i did with Kat.

Dude, it's on the first page of Google Image Search for "Crash Bandicoot"

XfWTN.jpg

To be fair all that leaked with Toro and Heihachi were paul gale hints that didn't really give it away. And nothing spoiled Jax or Good Cole, even though those were totally expected thanks to common sense.

I forgot that some stuff was revealed before the big leak. Still, most of the stuff was leaked :\ I dunno, I just want to believe that Superbot will actually put in a character fans on boards/facebook/etc are asking for. Crash and Spyro are pretty much impossible to get
because of how evil Bobby Kotick is
, but Kat is totally feasible.

The fact that she's coming to HSG reinforces how plausible her addition is as well. I bet if you asked the guys at SCEJ that worked on Gravity Rush about All-Stars, they'd be delighted to see Kat in it.

So Kat is fake then?

Omar said they wouldnt make Crash DLC, that he will be free. But for him to say this either means he is all but confirming Crash or is making the press hold on so we use the expectation to tune in to the game (so as not to put off interest for those just waiting for Crash).

I dont know, I feel like if he's not in he should just say so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom