• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale Discussion Thread 2 (read OP first)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sn00zer

So Kat is fake then?

Omar said they wouldnt make Crash DLC, that he will be free. But for him to say this either means he is all but confirming Crash or is making the press hold on so we use the expectation to tune in to the game (so as not to put off interest for those just waiting for Crash).

I dont know, I feel like if he's not in he should just say so.

Source?

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
I forgot that some stuff was revealed before the big leak. Still, most of the stuff was leaked :\ I dunno, I just want to believe that Superbot will actually put in a character fans on boards/facebook/etc are asking for. Crash and Spyro are pretty much impossible to get
because of how evil Bobby Kotick is
, but Kat is totally feasible.

The fact that she's coming to HSG reinforces how plausible her addition is as well. I bet if you asked the guys at SCEJ that worked on Gravity Rush about All-Stars, they'd be delighted to see Kat in it.

And honestly I wouldn't be surprised if the Gravity Rush guys are a lot less uptight about having others touch their stuff than Team Ico if only because of the types of games they make.

cyborg009

Banned
SMH

015-7465.png

Now lets make one for Jen Tate

SykoTech

Omar said they wouldnt make Crash DLC, that he will be free. But for him to say this either means he is all but confirming Crash or is making the press hold on so we use the expectation to tune in to the game (so as not to put off interest for those just waiting for Crash).

I kinda like that he said that. It's a tease, but it beats the usual "no comment".

And at least we'll know whether or not Crash is in for sure when the game launches.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
They probably still ask the teams out of courtesy, Capcom asked the Monster Hunter guys and they didn't want characters in MvC3.

Exactly. Say superbot wants Wander and Team Ico says they don't want other people to touch the character that they spent years trying to make sure he portrayed the exact history, emotions, and motivations that they need him to portray in the exact minimalism style that they like. Even if they were willing to work with Superbot on a story and moveset, maybe they just don't want Wander to be seen in the cartoony violent setting of that game, sitting next to serial murderers like Sweet Tooth.

Would Superbot disrespect them enough to whine to Sony about it? And even then would Sony really side with Superbot when Sony has shown so much respect to artistic vision in the past?

J-Tier

Wtf Abe could have been in this from day one and Superbot just brushed Oddworld Inhabitants? WTF Superbot? What is wrong with you?

I highly doubt they brushed it aside, seems like Oddworld Inhabitants asked them more recently, versus asking them early on. There's likely a lot more to the story, so I don't think we should make base assumptions. But, I agree, I'd be glad to see him in, and the likelihood of him being a post-release character is far from slim now.

This may mean that superbot dislikes the idea of paid DLC, just like Harada...at least that's what I'm hoping for.

Oh God, this Oddworld stuff slays me. Abe would be my absolute most favourite character to be in this game. He freakin' WAS Playstation to me.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
Lol. See? No hard feelings at all from the Nintendo camp. Lol.

Anyway, I'm sure the Abe thing will get worked out eventually.

SuperBot probably has their noses to the grindstone trying to get this bitch out by November, and maybe adding in whoever they may have decided to add in (ie, Kat and Ryu; also, is it "whomever" or "whoever?" I get those confused sometimes. Corporate, I'm sure you'd love to get on my case about it :p ).

I'm more interested in this public beta now, though. I didn't think they'd add anymore characters, but I'd break my "Kratos til release" rule if I could play as Good Cole...

If I didn't have so many awesome games to play, though, the wait until release would be harder than it is.

Today was surprisingly dead. It's usually the days I go to work are when a lot of stuff happen. I'll go to work and come back and there are paul gaul cryptic hints posted, PM's sent about and U.B.O.'s(Unidentified blurred objects)

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Today was surprisingly dead. It's usually the days I go to work are when a lot of stuff happen. I'll go to work and come back and there are paul gaul cryptic hints posted, PM's sent about and U.B.O.'s(Unidentified blurred objects)

The new kat leak wasn't enough for you?

So am I going to need to get the disc version to get the preorder costumes? Im kind of on an all digital kick when possible.

Sony has done a preorder bonus for digital games before. So I really don't see why not, but they are always so coy about it until near release. Suppose it is to not hurt relations with retailers.

Noi

And to quote myself:

Looking again, the colossus in the back is definitely Valus about to swing his club.

valus1.jpg

I thought it was the other one initially cause I recognize the actiony-pose better for him, but the body shape is definitely Valus'.

...The leaked image that sparked discussion during the day is surprisingly dead? o_o

I dunno some leaks usually span across multiple pages in a mere hour.

I remember the last leak with who's the DLC characters I had to read like 5 new pages worth of posts.

It's been dead mostly all afternoon.

This isn't enough.

I want a hint from someone that'll break a sweat.

Noi

I personally feel it's Gaius. He looks rather tall and slender in the photo.

Gaius was my knee-jerk reaction cause I instantly recognized that swinging pose as his, but then I took a closer look at his head and the rest just snapped in place. I can't see all the crap that Gaius has sticking out of him either.

I dunno some leaks usually span across multiple pages in a mere hour.

I remember the last leak with who's the DLC characters I had to read like 5 new pages worth of posts.

It's been dead mostly all afternoon.

This isn't enough.

I want a hint from someone that'll break a sweat.

True, but consider that this is a leak confirming a character who we semi-knew was in the game. I'm still trying to wrap my head around the Kat model there!

And honestly I wouldn't be surprised if the Gravity Rush guys are a lot less uptight about having others touch their stuff than Team Ico if only because of the types of games they make.

I totally agree, I remember reading something about Ueda's "vision" being really hard to work with, hence why the games taking forever to finish.

Would Superbot disrespect them enough to whine to Sony about it? And even then would Sony really side with Superbot when Sony has shown so much respect to artistic vision in the past?

I think Sony just treats Team Ico like a special pet project, for some reason they've been given so much leeway, even though they won't sell gangbusters like Gran Turismo, Uncharted or God of War. Even smaller, indie studios have finished games faster than them.. admittedly they're probably not as graphically advanced as TLG is but oh well. Honestly I'd be shocked if we saw anything significant from their games in All-Stars.

They'd fit right in PSASBR, though. They barely talk.

Yeah I really hope they don't decide to make everyone mute. Part of the fun of SSB was how chaotic it gets, how frantic it gets and how amazing the audio mix is. Personally, to me this is just a cop out because they probably don't know how to make them sound good?

I dunno. I've noticed the terrible sound effects way more than I have the good ones, like the death sound, Kratos' spear, several of the swords sound the same, etc.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Gaius was my knee-jerk reaction cause I instantly recognized that swinging pose as his, but then I took a closer look at his head and the rest just snapped in place. I can't see all the crap that Gaius has sticking out of him either.

But Valus is relatively gentle. He wouldn't attack anyone unless they were threatening him. Gaius would totally be more likely to rage at some unsuspecting folks.

Noi

But Valus is relatively gentle. He wouldn't attack anyone unless they were threatening him. Gaius would totally be more likely to rage at some unsuspecting folks.

But he IS being threatened!

These things are vicious killers!

Seriously though, there's probably some more context to the stage we aren't aware of. Valus could just be agitated from being plucked from his world and stuck there or something.

J-Tier

But he IS being threatened!

These things are vicious killers!

Seriously though, there's probably some more context to the stage we aren't aware of. Valus could just be agitated from being plucked from his world and stuck there or something.

I agree, looks like Valus, I can see the "horns".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom