• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale Discussion Thread 2 (read OP first)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think I've noticed. Do you have a video link of this?

Hmm, weirdly I dont notice it as much as I thought I did, but it's in the Raiden reveal a bit for his first super... I feel like they could have just made colour-coded death lights instead.

On another note, who was saying the player indicators need to be brighter?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPHuC4dDpgA

In this video, everything looks so gorgeous and crisp...why dont other stages look like this? It's like the early stages are so dull and muted, yet the gameplay here looks incredible vivid.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Is anyone annoyed with the inclusion of the "Freeze Blue" thing that happens before you get KO'd? Seems like this could have been avoided by colouring the death spotlights instead while avoiding the whole transition they have now

Well just because i don't want to end up extremely disappointed, I'm still prepared to say "well done on one of the most elaborate hoaxes ever in video games".

M.D

Anyone listened to the latest podcast Beyond? Colin who saw the game at SuperBot's office said there are more surprises to come that he can't talk about (after talking about Nariko and Sir Daniel being announced)

Someone over on the PS forums trying to disprove the picture:
original

I'm not buying it.

Also what's up with Kat's skin color?? She looks darker in her game but in these recent photos she looks lighter.
Everybodys-Golf_Kat_0006.jpg

I dont get this. What does this disprove?

TheMink

Someone over on the PS forums trying to disprove the picture:
original

I'm not buying it.

Also what's up with Kat's skin color?? She looks darker in her game but in these recent photos she looks lighter.
Everybodys-Golf_Kat_0006.jpg

I'm used to the tan-ish color with the deep, red mesmerizing eyes.
large.jpg

While i think that those hands and legs are "copied" i think it was intentionally that way by a superbot employee.

The colors are different and more vibrant.
And all the colors are cohesive.

And the head is different, with a closed mouth.

Hmm, weirdly I dont notice it as much as I thought I did, but it's in the Raiden reveal a bit for his first super... I feel like they could have just made colour-coded death lights instead.

On another note, who was saying the player indicators need to be brighter?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPHuC4dDpgA

In this video, everything looks so gorgeous and crisp...why dont other stages look like this? It's like the early stages are so dull and muted, yet the gameplay here looks incredible vivid.

Could just be the most recent build has improved that much. They have done a stellar job at improving the look, feel, and even sound of this game everytime it is shown.

Ryce

Kat's probably in the game, but those "leaked" images are obviously fake. They were both posted by the same person. Am I supposed to believe that somebody not only got access to Kat in the game, but a nonexistent page from the official site as well? That's only conceivable if the the web designer did the leaking, and I'm sure he'd like to keep his job.

KalBalboa

Banned
Anyone listened to the latest podcast Beyond? Colin who saw the game at SuperBot's office said there are more surprises to come that he can't talk about (after talking about Nariko and Sir Daniel being announced)

Yeah, he definitely saw some more characters and stages... I hope that Kat & Ryu make TGS. The game would have a really strong roster at that point, with or without Crash.

SSReborn

Yep I listened to it. I really am wondering what he's talking about. I don't think he'd be refering to Kat because didn't he say she'd be a wasted roster spot? I'm also sure he wouldn't care for Ryu Hyabuza either.

SmithnCo

Kat's skin color is a bit odd. It does look darker in her game, but in HSG and official figures and art, they use a lighter tone. I think it might be the shading that the game has that makes her look darker when her actual textures may be more in line with the art, perhaps.

But even this latest video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4Hd6-zjvxg still looks muted compared to the off-screen video. It's really confusing to me.

Someone mentioned earlier that they probably haven't found a great way to properly direct feed capture the game yet. So maybe that's what it is, because I am with you, offscreen the game looks way better than direct feed. Even playing the beta it looked better compared to similar direct feeds of that build.

Kat's skin color is a bit odd. It does look darker in her game, but in HSG and official figures and art, they use a lighter tone. I think it might be the shading that the game has that makes her look darker when her actual textures may be more in line with the art, perhaps.

AsianThatsRacist.gif

j/k

TimeEffect said:
But even this latest video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4Hd6-zjvxg still looks muted compared to the off-screen video. It's really confusing to me.
It's weird all their official videos and trailers seem to have butter smeared on the screen.

Only off screen videos does the game shine.

Someone mentioned earlier that they probably haven't found a great way to properly direct feed capture the game yet. So maybe that's what it is, because I am with you, offscreen the game looks way better than direct feed. Even playing the beta it looked better compared to similar direct feeds of that build.

How does that even happen? But, even the beta looked dull too lol. I mean, better than the video, but in general, the newest builds offscreen look incredibly vibrant. Yet Sandover in the beta, and some other stuff look dull.

I wonder if the new stages look better than the older stages. Stages like UC and Alden's Tower look much more elaborate and interesting than something like Sandover too. Maybe just a sign of how the development changed/evolved.

Nariko stands out way better than Kratos too

Takao

Banned

Colin had horrid picks, and IIRC didn't want Kat in this game for some bizarre reason.*

*He probably doesn't like Vita, and doesn't want to say it.

Colin had horrid picks, and IIRC didn't want Kat in this game for some bizarre reason.*

*He probably doesn't like Vita, and doesn't want to say it.

He also said the game should never been put on the vita and it was a stupid decision to do so. Sooo yes he hates the vita.

SykoTech

The plot thickens....
original

The blurry pic earlier looked fake, but this looks pretty real to me. Rewatched that Everybody's Golf trailer as well, and it doesn't look like she was ripped from anything there either.

Then again, I thought that Green Goblin leak for MvC3 was real too.
Still wish it was.

SSReborn

He also said the game should never been put on the vita and it was a stupid decision to do so. Sooo yes he hates the vita.

Well the justification for that comment was because of how hard it was to see what's going on, on the Vita screen. But I do agree he seems to be the least enthusiastic about the handheld overall.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Kat in the game... I can only hope this is true.

Yeah Kat being in the game would dispell practically all my problems with the roster as it fills a very important role of american fans of SCEJ as the other SCEJ characters were built to envoke games that never released here.

They just need Robbit to fullfil that non-anthropomorphic historical curiosity, Rudy Roughnight to fill that jRPG hole, and Wander to fill that team ico hole and they are set to do any third party pandering they want. I wonder if they are deliberately saving anyone for a sequel. Like I wonder if they want Wander to be the face of PSAS2.

Oh and maybe dart/rose so those fans can shut up about it. :)

SSReborn

I'm just so happy that these characters aren't gonna end up being DLC

Also the Kat inclusion dispells all that "hehehe sausagefest" crap.

KalBalboa

Banned
Also the Kat inclusion dispells all that "hehehe sausagefest" crap.

Having her, Fat Princess, and Nariko really would be interesting. Three pretty awesome female characters- not to mention that none were really accesories to the games they appeared in (Fat Princess being the title character, Nariko having her own 1.5 million selling game, Kat being a new lead on a portable franchise, etc). None of them are "the girlfriend" or whatever from another game.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
The blurry pic earlier looked fake, but this looks pretty real to me. Rewatched that Everybody's Golf trailer as well, and it doesn't look like she was ripped from anything there either.

Then again, I thought that Green Goblin leak for MvC3 was real too.
Still wish it was.

Green Goblin hurt me the most. I thought it would disconfirmed the leaked list during mvc3 era.

Having her, Fat Princess, and Nariko really would be interesting. Three pretty awesome female characters- not to mention that none were really accesories to the games they appeared in (Fat Princess being the title character, Nariko having her own 1.5 million selling game, Kat being a new lead on a portable franchise, etc). None of them are "the girlfriend" or whatever from another game.

Now give us Monica!

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Hope she's real, people like Spike leave something to be desired with their character designs, but Kat looks pretty solid in that pic.

I really don't care much about any of Sony's modern IPs, so Kat would give me something recent, that I can get behind. I'll gladly kick around Gritty and Gunweilding desings with a girl and a cat :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom