• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale Discussion Thread 2 (read OP first)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe they don't want so many third parties in the initial product. You already have people saying things like "3rd part all stars" off of 4 confirmed third party inclusions. When DLC comes around they can have 4 characters 3 1st party 1 third party to maintain the emphasis on the first party roster.
Well we know via leakers they allready have plans for DLC characters via Gale and Mink. Makes sense they will push them out of the way first before starting the work with other characters. I really don't think SB or Sony cares too much about 1st-3rd party ratio if there isn't problems with the licensing.

Abe could be perfect ''cameo character''. Make his moves include different minor characters being posessed and attacking his enemies. Posessed Eddy Raja starts kicking ass lol.

SmithnCo

Abe having traps appear out of nowhere as moves and supers sounds amazing.

I really hope they don't shut out any third-party opportunities, the more crazy crossover potential the better. Big Daddy fighting Abe? Yes please.

SSReborn

Well we know via leakers they allready have plans for DLC characters via Gale and Mink. Makes sense they will push them out of the way first before starting the work with other characters. I really don't think SB or Sony cares too much about 1st-3rd party ratio if there isn't problems with the licensing.

Abe could be perfect ''cameo character''. Make his moves include different minor characters being posessed and attacking his enemies. Posessed Eddy Raja starts kicking ass lol.

Soo good looks like we need to start a campaign for Abe I wonder which other Dev's actually want there character included.

We have
Scorpion
Tomba
Abe
Ty the Tasmanian Tiger

...so far.

Abe could have unique death animations on top of the death spark. Getting chopped in half if it's a sword super, vaporized if it's an energy super, falling apart if it's blunt force, screaming and head exploding after Parappa's rap. It would definitely make him stand out and it's a perfect homage to the games.

ascii42

Abe having traps appear out of nowhere as moves and supers sounds amazing.

I really hope they don't shut out any third-party opportunities, the more crazy crossover potential the better. Big Daddy fighting Abe? Yes please.

Possession would also be awesome. Summon a slig, or a slog or something.

J-Tier

Abe seems so unfitting for this game.

Which makes him perfect for this game, the fact that he's so "unfitting" means that the roster is missing such a character, do it Superbot!

SmithnCo

Abe seems so unfitting for this game.

Which makes him perfect for this game, the fact that he's so "unfitting" means that the roster is missing such a character, do it Superbot!

Seeing these kinds of characters get adapted for fighting games is always one of the best things about crossovers for me. Phoenix Wright in UMvC3 is crazy for that reason.

Really hope Superbot works something out with them.

SSReborn

Seeing these kinds of characters get adapted for fighting games is always one of the best things about crossovers for me. Phoenix Wright in UMvC3 is crazy for that reason.

Well if they weren't going to before I'm almost certain they will at least look into it now seeing as this is public.

SB probably has a DLC lineup in mind already, and who knows what comes after that. Maybe they are interested in making more levels (I'd like that a lot) too.

There is definitely more to work with when it comes to a sequel though. I imagine if a sequel happens, there will be many more third parties interested in doing a crossover. I guess it's a matter of getting in line and priority. We want so many characters, have about a dozen before Abe who feel need to be in, and then a hundred after who we also want. Where does Abe fall in is the question.

J-Tier

Yeah, Phoenix Wright is definitely one that impressed me, along with Amaterasu. With her, it was the fact that she isn't anthropomorphic, that causes a whole new set of issues on how to deal with the moveset, and they did a great job.

Speaking of non-anthropomorphic characters, PSASBR doesn't have a single one, they're all anthropomorphic...

Give me Robbit or Spyro =(

Yeah, Phoenix Wright is definitely one that impressed me, along with Amaterasu. With her, it was the fact that she isn't anthropomorphic, that causes a whole new set of issues on how to deal with the moveset, and they did a great job.

Speaking of non-anthropomorphic characters, PSASBR doesn't have a single one, they're all anthropomorphic...

Give me Robbit or Spyro =(

Spyro versus Ammy would be great.

SSReborn

Dora rally first, Tomba can come after :)

dora-memory-game-icon-1.jpg

B.O.O.M

dora? barf

Abe? Hell yeah! Would be a totally awesome character for the game

As for the stage leak image..I dunno guys. Like someone mentioned above, Kat's image looks more blurred than the rest. Could be something to do with the move she is doing in that frame but still

Fingers crossed

Can I have a Map and Backpack team-up instead, please? Or maybe Swiper?

Swiper's level 3 turns the game into a rhythm game almost where you have to make your character say "Swiper no swiping!" three times by tapping a certain combination of buttons.

KalBalboa

Banned
Oddworld Inhabitants wants Abe PlayStation All-Stars inclusion

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/367139/oddworld-inhabitants-wants-abe-playstation-all-stars-inclusion/

and the list grows...

SMH Superbot but hey maybe A DLC inclusion down the road.

render_parappa.png
render_sir_daniel.png
abe-oddysee-art1.png
render_sweet_tooth.png

Ah, the 90s. Abe would make for the perfect DLC character. He's pretty obscure but a major piece of fan-service for the old-school PlayStation fans. He'd have great moves, too, I bet.

(The Abe render is just a PNG I found on Google images, but he fits the official roster images motif so well... I had to post them together)

Abe isn't in the game because SuperBot have been too busy including this 90's relic of a bygone era instead...

psas-robbit.jpg

...right SuperBot? Right?!

B.O.O.M

I was watching the sephiroth vs Genesis fight from Crisis Core this morning.....

would LOVE Spehiroth to be in this game..way more than cloud

KalBalboa

Banned
PlayStation All Stars Battle Royale: Tag Team Edition

Yeah, it's kind of nuts when you realize how much untapped potential there is even with 20 characters announced. A sequel would hopefully pull in a bunch of villains, all the obscure first party characters we can muster, and even more crazy stages.

Takao

Banned
leak1leka.png

In case anyone's wondering, the purple things do rise in LocoRoco, as well the LocoRoco themselves eat the fruit shown in the second screenshot.

The plot thickens....
original

Found on PASBR boards. It was apparently posted by the same person who posted the first pic. The user then supposedly removed this picture.

I would main her so much. I love Kat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom