• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale Discussion Thread 2 (read OP first)

Status
Not open for further replies.
YEA!!! MELTDOWNS!!!

I don't follow fighting games often so I find it fascinating how much impact 1 or 2 characters for a new game can have. I mean there is still this school of thought out there that it shouldn't even be made with such and such characters. LOL

Oh well. I will be playing the heck out of it and hope to hook up with those here that still get it, which I am sure will still be a sizable amount of people. And it will be glorious fun.
[Raging fan]Superbot should just cancel this game while they have time and kiss their business goodbye. This scandal literally makes me sick.[/Raging user]

TheMink

YEA!!! MELTDOWNS!!!

I don't follow fighting games often so I find it fascinating how much impact 1 or 2 characters for a new game can have. I mean there is still this school of thought out there that it shouldn't even be made with such and such characters. LOL

Oh well. I will be playing the heck out of it and hope to hook up with those here that still get it, which I am sure will still be a sizable amount of people. And it will be glorious fun.

For true ;)

TheMink

If Cloud was in he'd probably be my most played. Well, between him and Ratchet.

FF7 is not even my favorite Final Fantasy, it's just such an iconic Playstation game and kinda silly that he's not in.

Yeah, cloud was really the only character that i wanted desperately.

But im content either way!

Yeah, cloud was really the only character that i wanted desperately.

But im content either way!

Coolbgdog12 on Nov.23rd 2:32PM said:
Yea I'm glad Crash made it in. From what I've played of him so far he's so true to all his games. His square, followed by down square and then his belly slam is a huge AP builder. I love catching people off guard with his level 1 super. That bazooka killing with red apples is humorous. His level 2 is SOO similar to PaRappa's though. Once people hear "UGADA BOOGA!" they better run!" I also think Cloud is OP'd. His buster sword slashes are huge AP builders and have great AOE yet he's faster than Sir Dan. Grr..

:)

Naw he never said he would be free, he just said he would never be DLC. Go look it up, I'm tired from how depressing this is. Night guys, it's been fun. Wonder how Superbot is going to recover from this fiasco.

They recover by putting out a good game. Which all signs are pointing to them doing that.

They recover by putting out a good game. Which all signs are pointing to them doing that.

But the launch roster is just lacking. It's a joke that they decided on Dino, Big Daddy and Heihachi over other icons that would make much more sense. Core mechanics are fun and all but what most people will judge this game on it's default roster, and if it's only 20 characters and basically all the third party ones are blatant lame cash ins? Yeah. . . .

Loudninja

Naw he never said he would be free, he just said he would never be DLC. Go look it up, I'm tired from how depressing this is. Night guys, it's been fun. Wonder how Superbot is going to recover from this fiasco.
They have nothing to recover from.

The game is excellent and more people will get to try it soon.

I. Missed. Everything.
Doesn't look important enough to actually catch up on. I'll be interested when news comes about the actual game (crazy right?)

Fun Fact: 10% of these characters are Cole MacGrath

- some guy on IGN's newest psas article. I thought it was hilarious

Lol at the Fun fact. See now, if they put in the extra work to have Wander or Kat over Evil Cole, and made Evil Cole DLC, they would have had 5% less hating

kuroshiki

Go back to the shadow! The dark opinion will not avail you, Hater of Allstars! You shall not pass!

128919757934465467.jpg

You are just delaying inevitable.

Don't think for a second that we're getting any DLC characters if this game bombs.

Kagari said:
I think that's obvious.

It isn't obvious because they most likely have contracts with Sony to do post launch support regardless of how the game does. This was the case with Twisted Metal and Starhawk. With TM they just had to support it with patches and stuff, but Lightbox had contracts to do a bunch of DLC. Its most likely the same thing with Superbot.

I'm getting this information from developer interviews. I remember specifically hearing Dylan Jobe and Jaffe saying they had contracts with Sony to do post launch support.

kuroshiki

It isn't obvious because they most likely have contracts with Sony to do post launch support regardless of how the game does. This was the case with Twisted Metal and Starhawk. With TM they just had to support it with patches and stuff, but Lightbox had contracts to do a bunch of DLC. Its most likely the same thing with Superbot.

I'm getting this information from developer interviews. I remember specifically hearing Dylan Jobe and Jaffe saying they had contracts with Sony to do post launch support.

Uh.

Superbot is owned by Sony. Lightbox and other are not owned by sony.

Holy sh.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SuperBot_Entertainment

Up until now I thought they were sony subsidiaries. No wonder they don't know jackshit about PS history and their IPs. Why Sony green lighted this in the first place?

Yes, but its weird. They helped them form the studio to specifically make the game. My thoughts were they only agreed to form the studio with Sony if they let them be independent. I really dont understand why it went down like this, I just know game companies like to be independent these days. Maybe Sony benefited from this decision too? i dont know how they would.

Mr. Fix

Obviously SuperBot won't let him. This whole article is a way for him to save face. Besides, the 20 character final count is in reference to on-disc anyway. Even if the roster is 22+, it's probably dlc- Paul isn't even sure of who's dlc or not.

I love how he always mentions that he doesn't give false info, when the real problem is that they're misleading. A character with a sword? Get the fuck out of here with those hints, Paul.

kuroshiki

Yes, but its weird. They helped them form the studio to specifically make the game. My thoughts were they only agreed to form the studio with Sony if they let them be independent. I really dont understand why it went down like this, I just know game companies like to be independent these days. Maybe Sony benefited from this decision too? i dont know how they would.

It doesn't make sense. Sony helped studio to be formed to make one game and agreed them to be independent? What?

What kind of black magic did founder of superbot performed? This is some voodoo shit.

libregkd

It doesn't make sense. Sony helped studio to be formed to make one game and agreed them to be independent? What?

What kind of black magic did founder of superbot performed? This is some voodoo shit.
Its more than likely they helped form the studio to make this game and if it was a success they'd have a new team to work with and eventually probably aquire and probably make them the dedicated All Star team. But if the game flops and Sony doesn't like their preformance for whatever reason, they can easily just tell them "See ya!" since they would have no other commitments with them.

kuroshiki

Its more than likely they helped form the studio to make this game and if it was a success they'd have a new team to work with and eventually probably aquire and probably make them the dedicated All Star team. But if the game flops and Sony doesn't like their preformance for whatever reason, they can easily just tell them "See ya!" since they would have no other commitments with them.

Then SCEA really, really bet on the wrong dev. They should have let superbot just make a fighting/party game of original IP. Or leave it to SCEJ to make PS all star game.

Whoever green lighted this in the SCEA needs to get fired. ASAP.

libregkd

Then SCEA really, really bet on the wrong dev. They should have let superbot just make a fighting/party game of original IP. Or leave it to SCEJ to make PS all star game.

Whoever green lighted this in the SCEA needs to get fired. ASAP.
Why? Its not like they have any experience making this type of game either and I don't see what is wrong with the game as it is now, mechanically anyway.

Mr. Fix

I'm going to do the best I can to clear up as much stuff as possible...thanks for your time.

Two other offences off the top of my head:

- a character with a strong affiliation to the PS brand - New Dante

- patriot hint using guns and bullets - Raiden

I can't wait for the inevitable hint that Ryu (sf) was actually in reference to Ryu Hayabusa.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom