• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale Discussion Thread 2 (read OP first)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone explain what exactly is this Paul Gale / PM thing?

I know Sony has confirmed that no more characters will be revealed. Sucks that they couldn't get Snake into this or a Final Fantasy Character. WTF Sony.

Mr. Fix

I really dislike that site, everyone is like 10 and the threads are god awful and dont help anything. But at least it's funny..wonder how GameFaqs is doing

Between GAF, GF, and the official forums, all have shown some level of immaturity, treating this like some sort of blog. I shake my head whenever I read posts like those.

Boss Man

Can someone explain what exactly is this Paul Gale / PM thing?

I know Sony has confirmed that no more characters will be revealed. Sucks that they couldn't get Snake into this or a Final Fantasy Character. WTF Sony.
I think more characters may be revealed, I don't really know. But when he said "launch" that was very significant. Apparently, we might expect to see them amending the roster with DLC.

Drencrom

The worst part is that due to a certain push, people will be none the wiser when their favorite characters finally make it into the game.

Good for us playing the game, bad for my friends who had to deal with the stuff behind the scenes.

Maybe it was all a scheme to force SCEJ to give all the resources it takes to have all the characters we want in the game. The PR team knew they had to cross the line and join allegiance with Paul Gale to make that happen, even if they would end up without jobs.

ibik9nJ2HT7tRu.jpg

History will never know what they did. No one will ever learn the truth. Their story, their debriefing... will endure only in our hearts. Everything they did, they did for the PS fans. They sacrificed their own jobs and their honor for their community. They were real heroes. They were true patriots.

i need some sleep

Boss Man

I'm not saying that I'm going to do it (I'm certainly not), but this info is definitely gonna get out - and honestly it might as well be by a thread on NeoGAF. It's way too much.

I've just given the go-ahead to Kagari, AND ONLY KAGARI, to make a thread about it.

If she chooses to, then it'll be public. Until then, I will continue answering PMs.

The drama that is being talked about in this thread is intriguing. I can't wait to find out what it's all about. With that said, I'm disappointed that Kat isn't going to be on the disc, but the roster as is is fine with me right now. There's nothing else coming out this year that I want to play anyways.

Noi

Wait wahst going on with PMs and such? Talks about getting Blasto, Jane Tate,Cloud,Snake behind the scenes?

Only of these is right on the money.

It's Jen Tate. Our little group raised enough awareness for everyone at SB to get right on it!

No just pointless drama.

I'm sorry if the development history of one of the games you're looking forward to is "pointless drama".

plainr_

We do?

*Yeah, I'm curious as to what when down. If anyone can PM me, it'd be much appreciated.

After reading Afro's pm, I get the impression that the roster leak from the beta was a big deal to them. I think SuperBot has since then been scrambling to get additional content onto the game.

JazzmanZ

Wow thats it? Terrible marketing Sony!

This game was cursed the moment the beta leak happened.

edit: WOW and Paul gale is a god damn hack, I knew it.

Just read Kagari's thread, and... holy moly. This is quite the scandal. What a mess. If the middling roster hadn't already guaranteed that I won't be buying this at launch, this situation would have sealed my decision.

And Gale is totally full of shit. There goes his reputation, if he ever had one.

SykoTech

They didn't deny the leak for their characters, or do some throwaway lines like "the leak isn't representative of the final roster" though. They pretty much rolled with it since no one was going to buy them denying it, and the reveals became more about seeing how the characters played than seeing who was going to get revealed. I still remember the Phoenix Wright reveal being looked forward to by many because of it.

You are correct that they didn't rush out the characters like SuperBot did. Not sure why that slipped my mind, especially since I ranted about it regarding Raiden in my next post. My bad.

However, SuperBot never denied their leaks though. In fact, they admitted the game got leaked directly on the PS Blog shortly after it happened saying "it did not represent the game's final content" or something along those lines.

What they was misleading though. Made it seem like only part of the game was leaked, not everything but the DLC and mashups.

YEA!!! MELTDOWNS!!!

I don't follow fighting games often so I find it fascinating how much impact 1 or 2 characters for a new game can have. I mean there is still this school of thought out there that it shouldn't even be made with such and such characters. LOL

Oh well. I will be playing the heck out of it and hope to hook up with those here that still get it, which I am sure will still be a sizable amount of people. And it will be glorious fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom