• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale Discussion Thread 2 (read OP first)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shahed

Well, but it's not guaranteed every single hit would actually hit right? It could be a standard forward, up attack, in which you couldn't alter the direction.

I suppose if you can't change direction it could work.

On another note. Do any of the characters talk when doing Lv 1+2 super's? I can't recall.

Because even if I'd much rather have Cloud, I'm kinda looking forward to hearing 'I'm no one's slave' and then have Lightining go ballistic.

Mr. Fix

I hope they don't give Lightning job changing. I didn't like it at all in dissidia. Tho PSP controls allready being limited did play a part in that. There is no need for medic class or anything like that. Just give her simple sword, gun and magic moves. If she must have that mechanic then just have commando and ravager.

Lvl 3 must be Odin finisher where she shatters the TV screen lol. I know people are getting tired of insta kill supers but I think she should have one.

If Lightning is in, I think I'd want her level 3 to be like Heihachi's level 2; Odin as a summon. Of course, he'd have a wider range in his attacks (Ruin too), and he'd be on screen for the average level 3 transformation time.

LuuKyK

Well, if they are revealing something on NYCC then there will be no reveals at BGS because they happen in the exact same days (11~14 of october).

It will probably be PAX(August), TGS(September) and NYCC/BGS(October).

Drago

I'm thinking 24-26 characters total. 20 to start and 4-6 to unlock. The 20 leaked characters were starting characters, I would guess

SmithnCo

I'm thinking 24-26 characters total. 20 to start and 4-6 to unlock. The 20 leaked characters were starting characters, I would guess

They probably added a couple more since the build with the leaks, I expect 22-24. 26 would be really nice though.

I-hate-u

This is what the prima official strategy guide says:
• Unlock all characters and every stage!

• Detailed character profiles reveal every ability, super move, matchups, and tactic!

• In-depth strategy for both local and online multiplayer modes!

• Learn to leverage advanced environment tactics providing an essential edge in each level!

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
Leaks really do suck.

I'd have loved to be playing PBR, and finally completing some kind of character challenge, and it's like:

"HERE COMES A NEW CHALLENGER: Evil Cole!"

I would have flipped my shit because I wouldn't have expected him to be in the game. But yeah, after the leak, I'm sure SuperBot was like, "Well, screw it. They already know our unlockables, so lets just have them available at the start."

Hopefully they'll be unlockable alt costumes and other stuff. I'm really bummed about the leak. I don't mind stages and items being leaked, but the character roster has been fun to follow because it was completely open once you got past the expected characters. You never knew WHO could show up in the game.

Shahed

Kinda disappointed in the no unlockable characters thing. I always enjoy that.

Hopefully they'll add a ton of other stuff to unlock instead. Alt costumes, stages, items, music, trivia and the like

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
Just to counter the people that love to grind. Fuck unlockable characters. Make skins or other superfluous stuff unlockable.

Or maybe the actual singleplayer compelling, people will play it for that reason alone.

Good on SuperBot to make the characters all be unlocked from the start. I unlocked the characters by going to a store and giving money to the cashier.

Zabuza

Banned
Just to counter the people that love to grind. Fuck unlockable characters. Make skins or other superfluous stuff unlockable.

Or maybe the actual singleplayer compelling, people will play it for that reason alone.

Good on SuperBot to make the characters all be unlocked from the start. I unlocked the characters by going to a store and giving money to the cashier.

Hopefully there are loads of unlockables (modes, costumes, music, other extras) and that will nullify the need for unlockable characters and add replay value. Brawl level of unlockables would be heavenly but I'm guessing lots of it will be DLC.

I'm just really hoping this game has lots of replay value.

Synless

Sackboy only turns into a few different characters? I feel like that is kind of a waste given the nature of the character. He should have been similar to Kirby, I guess they didn't want the games to be too similar.

Miutsu

They could always let unlockable characters by default with an option in the options menu to unlock all the characters, that way everybody wins... Except for those who want to unlock but are bitten by the curiosity :)

btkadams

having unlockable characters doesn't mean they need to be impossible to unlock. i had a blast unlocking all of the characters in smash (OG & melee, haven't played brawl). it was the perfect level of difficulty. i'm not a fighting game player and i could unlock them fine.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
I don't see why Sackboy has to be a Kirby like character.

Technically, Sackboy doesn't turn into the character, he just dress like them. Kirby, in his games, actually absorbs the skills of the thing he eats.

Sackboy is an adorable cosplayer. I LOVE that they stuck with utilizing an original moveset on Sackboy inspired by his actual skills/moveset in LBP. I'm in the camp that doesn't want this game to crib too much from Smash, and am glad that SuperBot has crafted their own identity and playstyle with this game.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
having unlockable characters doesn't mean they need to be impossible to unlock. i had a blast unlocking all of the characters in smash (OG & melee, haven't played brawl). it was the perfect level of difficulty. i'm not a fighting game player and i could unlock them fine.

And I just want to play the game with friends or online when I buy the game.

Even if it's easy and the only time commitment is 3 hours or how long it would take to play through it to unlock every character that would be annoying to me.

Capcom learned their lesson with SFIV.

Mr. Fix

I see. :) Interested to see more (just gimme Snake argggh...)!

tumblr_ltumf7n56Y1qdl8cqo1_400.gif

Fuck yeah!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom