• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale Discussion Thread 2 (read OP first)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMink

I'll hold you and Figboy to that... *I'm watching you*

Looks like CepPyBoy was banned.

Oooohohohoo

igl6Y2kAWv5jb.gif

I'll hold you and Figboy to that... *I'm watching you*

Looks like CepPyBoy was banned.

Such a peculiar person. How anyone can do a 180 on a game based solely on a single character appearance is bewildering to me. I mean, I hate Raiden. I HATE Raiden! 14 years of age, my day one purchase of MGS2 in hand, rarely more excited in my entire life. Find out that whiny asshole is the protagonist... BAM! Game ruined. Still love the PASBR beta though. Still vying to play as about half the cast because I'm fond of those particular characters.

He'll be back in a couple of weeks time - I hope his time off will have cleared his head a bit.

Haha, nevermind. I'm still fucking terrible at this game. Every time I fool myself into thinking otherwise, I inevitably end up playing a group of people who are really good and remind me just how bad I am. :p

I've got to stop downloading betas. I always have the best intentions but then barely play them as I'm usually already convinced that I'm going to get the game so I may as well wait for the real deal.

emb

Ditto. I fricking love Smash. I just also happen to fricking love All Stars as well.

I agree with this sentiment. I still think All Stars lacks some fluidity that Smash has, but overall I really enjoy the genre and hope we'll start seeing more games like this.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
Figboy needs to show up with one of his signature long posts for something worth discussing

I know! But...I got nothin' today...

I'm coming down with a cold, so my head is all fuzzy. Just pretend I said some long-winded thing about how awesome All Stars is, and throw in a non sequitur about how much I hate Activision and that should cover it.

Shahed

I've avoided this topic during the Beta since I want my first experience to he the actual game. I might get tempted otherwise. Really starting to look forward to it now

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
I always feel kind of bad when I see that people get banned, but I admit, Cepy pushed my buttons pretty hard. I just don't understand how one thing like a character addition can make you do a complete 180.

I know I'm not a die hard DMC fan, but when I played as Dante at the LA Beatdown, he felt like Dante. So what if he didn't look like the Dante we're all familiar with?

*shrugs* It is what it is. If he can be swayed against a game he enjoyed that much because of a character's look, well, I don't know.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Will there be more characters to be announced? I want my Kat and Wander lovin'.

Will there be more characters to be announced? I want my Kat and Wander lovin'.
Kat quite likely to be one of the early DLC characters. Unconfirmed reports that Team Ico dont want their properties in a fighter. Seems quite likely a we haven't heard a peep about the franchise despite it being Omars favourite

tribal24

Banned
Its so close yet so far away, i have not even touched the new beta when it released cause im just waiting for the actual game. Once it does come out back to some Sweeth Tooth Ownage !! Whos gonna be setting up Gaf Tourny btw?

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
Not for another 2 hours I think

So the beta ends a mere few hours after I finally get access to it? ._. Great.

That said, I played a couple of online matches. It was fun I guess, but it's really way too hectic and chaotic for me, as I have no idea where my character is most of the time. Still, it'll surely be an enjoyable game for those into this kind of thing.

We have a 2v2 tourney in the works, but alliances and rivalries have already been formed so you may want to start looking for a partner ASAP. As for a 1v1/FFA tourney, I don't think anyone has anything planned yet.

We have a 2v2 tourney in the works, but alliances and rivalries have already been formed so you may want to start looking for a partner ASAP. As for a 1v1/FFA tourney, I don't think anyone has anything planned yet.

Wha! Since when!?

I dont have a partner :(

This is grade school all over again

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
I always feel kind of bad when I see that people get banned, but I admit, Cepy pushed my buttons pretty hard. I just don't understand how one thing like a character addition can make you do a complete 180.

I know I'm not a die hard DMC fan, but when I played as Dante at the LA Beatdown, he felt like Dante. So what if he didn't look like the Dante we're all familiar with?

*shrugs* It is what it is. If he can be swayed against a game he enjoyed that much because of a character's look, well, I don't know.

Usually in order to hate something so much you have to actually like some part of it a lot too, or else you just would just end up not caring eventually. So him liking this game with the exception of one or two things which he really really dislikes creates the perfect storm of hated.

J-Tier

Both my brother and I use Fat Princess. Hope y'all got diet sodas, because we're going ham when the game hits.

Of course as the game evolves, I'll probably end up using Sir Dan because he's my fav =)

TBA official team name haha. It'll help when we have our mains probably

Notice it's TheMink and JStein and not JStein and TheMink?

Just sayin'

>:D All that feel good community stuff is over, now we BATTLE!

And thanks Scrafty, If Man-Is-Obs turns me down we T-Townin' it all up in this biatch.

Notice it's TheMink and JStein and not JStein and TheMink?

Just sayin'

>:D All that feel good community stuff is over, now we BATTLE!

And thanks Scrafty, If Man-Is-Obs turns me down we T-Townin' it all up in this biatch.

Already starting the psychological warfare?
I guess we are THAT good :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom