• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale Discussion Thread 2 (read OP first)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mik_Pad

Banned
Also, I can't be the first to notice this.

2P9uL.png
I did a few post before but You did better, there isnt a better way to represent Capcpom!

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
Do we have to start up this Dante conversation again? Every talking point has been considered. Every argument laid out.

This is Capcom's decision, not SuperBots. Looking at how much fun it looks like Dante is going to be to play, would you rather not have had a DMC rep in the game at all? Or will you grin and bear the new Dante, and just use his obvious classic alternate skin instead of his default?

There really isn't much more to say about him. He's in. I'm not the biggest DMC fan, but I've liked the series for the most part, and I'm glad to see DMC represented in the game. I think the game would be viewed as lesser if it didn't have Dante in it, even if it's new Dante.

Just don't blame SuperBot for not having full control over another company's IP.

EDIT: I also caught the typo in the Dante write up and cracked up. I wonder if that's an intentional nod, or a legitimate typo.

Mik_Pad

Banned
Do we have to start up this Dante conversation again? Every talking point has been considered. Every argument laid out.

This is Capcom's decision, not SuperBots. Looking at how much fun it looks like Dante is going to be to play, would you rather not have had a DMC rep in the game at all? Or will you grin and bear the new Dante, and just use his obvious classic alternate skin instead of his default?

There really isn't much more to say about him. He's in. I'm not the biggest DMC fan, but I've liked the series for the most part, and I'm glad to see DMC represented in the game. I think the game would be viewed at as lesser if it didn't have Dante in it, even if it's new Dante.

Just don't blame SuperBot for not having full control over another company's IP.

EDIT: I also caught the typo in the Dante write up and cracked up. I wonder if that's an intentional nod, or a legitimate typo.

SuperBot should have told Capcpom F you we don't want D.I.N.O. so it is their fault!!

Just kiddin :p

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
SuperBot should have told Capcpom F you we don't want D.I.N.O. so it is their fault!!

Just kiddin :p

Lol. I'm sure they would have loved to do that, but I think they weighed the pros and cons of not having Dante in at all, and decided the game would be better for it, and just do an alternate costume.

Did people really think we were going to get "Old" Dante's look? Obviously we're gonna get the DmC look. Just be grateful that Dante is even in this game. At least Dante is an actual playstation allstar (I'm looking at you, Big Daddy).

Mik_Pad

Banned
Lol. I'm sure they would have loved to do that, but I think they weighed the pros and cons of not having Dante in at all, and decided the game would be better for it, and just do an alternate costume.
I think dante is a great I care more about gameplay and dante looks like a joy to play with.

Ashhong

Since it seems like they arent going to have surprise hidden characters like Smash, they should at least have surprise alternate costumes, like the OG Dante or something. Maybe a Solid Snake face that can be in Raiden's body. SOMETHING DAMMIT

he actually doesn't he sticks out, he manages to look even more pedestrian than Nathan Drake. the effects are flashy, the character is vapid

i7uiMXenTSt1Q.gif

I'm not talking about his appearance. I do agree that it doesn't live up to the original Dante, but his moves/combos are still stylish and full of flash. You'll see this in both PASBR and DmC. I agree with the complaints, but I think that his playstyle should take precedence over his appearance, which I feel is exactly what SuperBot has done. This isn't the Dante many of us wanted, but I think we should be content because SuperBot did a great job with what they had to work with. And who knows, maybe we'll even get an original Dante costume? =D

( I couldn't find gifs so I made this large file size one in a few minutes, so forgive me ): )

Superbot confirmed it was Capcom's decision. The same company that spent money on a videogame version of Bill O Reilly.

I only saw statements defending DmC Dante, nothing saying it was Capcom's decision except for Paul Gale's post? I mean, I'm pretty much over it at this point - if Superbot wants to eliminate any squabble, they'll have OG Dante as a skin, which I think would make any unhappy fans pleased (I know it would make me happy).

So far the roster has been awesome overall so I can't hold back my excitement/happiness for this game. I'm still really curious who the RPG rep will be, and who the second (and third, IIRC?) females will be, if Paul's info is still up to date with Superbot's current plans.

i7uiMXenTSt1Q.gif

I'm not talking about his appearance. I do agree that it doesn't live up to the original Dante, but his moves/combos are still stylish and full of flash. You'll see this in both PASBR and DmC. I agree with the complaints, but I think that his playstyle should take precedence over his appearance, which I feel is exactly what SuperBot has done. This isn't the Dante many of us wanted, but I think we should be content because SuperBot did a great job with what they had to work with. And who knows, maybe we'll even get an original Dante costume? =D

( I couldn't find gifs so I made this large file size one in a few minutes, so forgive me ): )

Yeah his gameplay looks fantastic. The amount of work that has gone into this game is staggering.

http://neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=41047247&postcount=1513

That combined with Clockwork's comment about everyone having their own favorite version of Dante puts it in perspective. Superbot wouldn't want the new Dante in, they'd want the PlayStation classic, not the controversial new one.

I thought some people were unsure of whether or not Paul Gale continues to have inside information on PlayStation All Stars Battle Royale. He also does not speak for SuperBot. I could not find Cl0ckwork's post, but judging from what you said, I'm not sure how this proves that Capcom was the reason.

I'm just a bit tired of the "SuperBot wanted X, but the parent company wouldn't let them have X" defense, especially when there's no compelling evidence (I believe) that definitively points to that conclusion. People are just stating it as if it were fact.

Whether it's this Dante over classic Dante, Raiden over Snake, or the possibility of Lightning over Cloud, some fans insist on blaming other companies for these decisions. This could also apply to character exclusions, but I will agree that Crash's supposed absence may be attributed to other companies; it seems absolutely absurd for SuperBot not to consider at least Crash.

I also believe that if classic Dante were available as a skin, this would negate the notion that Capcom didn't want classic Dante to be in the game. Additionally, isn't classic Dante represented in Marvel VS Capcom 3 and Project X Zone? If Capcom really did want the new version of Dante to become more acceptable, why didn't they use him in these games?

I personally have no problems with the roster, really. I'm please with Dante's moves. I just think it's a blind defense to blame other companies when SuperBot's roster doesn't meet expectations.

I hope that I'm not coming off as abrasive, by the way. It's an honest criticism.

Mr. Fix

I hope that I'm not coming off as abrasive, by the way. It's an honest criticism.

Legitimate complaint, considering that this is a mascot brawler. They almost nailed the first party side (save for Wander) though. It's just the 3rd parties that don't support the mascot part.

I liked your Uncharted 3 OT BruceLeeRoy. I would love you do some work for this game

Thanks, I like you too bro ;)

I would love to do the OT for All-Stars but though I am ecstatic about the game I haven't been following all the ins and outs to do it Justice. Whoever does want to make it though should get in touch with me. I would love to make some bad ass images for it.

Ah, so that's the secret ingredient to help you through, hm? Would you start it off with an MSPaint drawing like the gag UC3 one? :)

Nah that gag was to get people to calm the hell down.

I know it was a gag, maybe there could be a similar one for the Smash Bros. rip-off brouhaha.

Btw, Mr. Fix will do the OT. He should pass the rights to you. Like, all of them. Make us proud. ;_;>

Mr. Fix

Wlc9A.jpg

lol people are really getting silly now

Seems legit.

I would love to do the OT for All-Stars but though I am ecstatic about the game I haven't been following all the ins and outs to do it Justice. Whoever does want to make it though should get in touch with me. I would love to make some bad ass images for it.

I'd love it if you did it. The OT here should fill in most of the blanks. I'd be willing to pass the torch, so long as it's you, and only you, that handles the OT.

Seems legit.

I'd love it if you did it. The OT here should fill in most of the blanks. I'd be willing to pass the torch, so long as it's you, and only you, that handles the OT.

No man you need to do it, your posts are what kept pulling me back into checking up on the game. It needs to be you. Ill make a big bloated as hell OT banner image for you though if you want it.

Mr. Fix

No man you need to do it, your posts are what kept pulling me back into checking up on the game. It needs to be you. Ill make a big bloated as hell OT banner image for you though if you want it.

At first I was wondering what you meant, then I remembered that tag/OT.

tumblr_ltumf7n56Y1qdl8cqo1_400.gif

And sure, sounds good. We've got a ton of time before release anyway.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
Has this been confirmed to be the case?

Why wouldn't it be?

Capcom owns Devil May Cry.

I'm 100% positive that if SuperBot had the choice, we'd have had Classic Dante as the default rep for this game. The whole thing reeks of Capcom making them use DmC Dante, or not have Dante at all.

EDIT:
Capcom employees leave out these typos just to frustrate GAF, admit it already!

You found us out! Curses!

I also believe that if classic Dante were available as a skin, this would negate the notion that Capcom didn't want classic Dante to be in the game. Additionally, isn't classic Dante represented in Marvel VS Capcom 3 and Project X Zone? If Capcom really did want the new version of Dante to become more acceptable, why didn't they use him in these games?

I really love how Dante plays as well, his playstyle really looks like OG Dante. I'm also wondering the same thing though, if it really was Capcom wanting DmC Dante over OG Dante. You're right, it kind of doesn't make sense when you compare how recent games you mentioned like UMvC3 came out late last year on consoles and earlier this year on Vita (and it had OG Dante), and ...

Project X Zone which is an INSANE crossover that'll probably never make it outside of Japan purely out of how much of a licensing nightmare it seems to be. Still, it's happening and they are getting OG Dante! Maybe it's because that's more of a low profile game, while this is a pretty big flagship title for Sony?

sn00zer

Project X Zone which is an INSANE crossover that'll probably never make it outside of Japan purely out of how much of a licensing nightmare it seems to be. Still, it's happening and they are getting OG Dante! Maybe it's because that's more of a low profile game, while this is a pretty big flagship title for Sony?

Not really a licensing nightmare when all the companies are talking to each other instead of a ton of separate contracts

Not really a licensing nightmare when all the companies are talking to each other instead of a ton of separate contracts

Really? I always assumed when they never come over here, it's due to licensing or the next logical thing - they think it'll never sell over here. I know on the PSN tons of stuff hasn't come over and those guys at Monkeypaw even did the whole imports thing to abuse the loophole through the insane licensing red tape.

sn00zer

Really? I always assumed when they never come over here, it's due to licensing or the next logical thing - they think it'll never sell over here. I know on the PSN tons of stuff hasn't come over and those guys at Monkeypaw even did the whole imports thing to abuse the loophole through the insane licensing red tape.

Oh oops yeah misread your comment....making the game isnt the issue, getting it outside of japan is.....

Why wouldn't it be?

Capcom owns Devil May Cry.

I'm 100% positive that if SuperBot had the choice, we'd have had Classic Dante as the default rep for this game. The whole thing reeks of Capcom making them use DmC Dante, or not have Dante at all.
That's the thing. If the game lacks something desirable, some people automatically assume it's because some company won't let SuperBot. However, another plausible scenario that I believe some people disregard is that SuperBot never asked.

There's nothing other than Paul Gale's comment that suggests that Capcom told SuperBot to use the new Dante or not use Dante at all. Is it really outrageous to imagine that SuperBot wanted the new Dante on their own, not because it was the only option?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom